Will TW do a No Mans Sky thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

No, I'd say with finished future plans bannerlord will be just about like no man's shy at release. Did you play it at release? You could explore a bunch of generated planets, collect and upgrade ship parts, collect power ups, have basic combat, get a platinumed achievement and get the center of the universe, I did it. It was basic and disappointing but let you play the game and finish it.

I don't think TW with do big updates and overhauls after console release. Maybe DLC but I'll doubt it will be any remarkable changes
It comes down to personal taste, I suppose. I think Bannerlord is already better than NMS, even with all its updates.

Did you watch the video? No?
Then shut the **** up

No Man's Sky had one of those major content releases just last month, now they are patching that.
I bet they are doing more and faster than Taleworlds even if they released years ago.
Hmmmmm looks pretty tame in his posting history, maybe we missed something or the good old post and delete.
It was an anniversary of his permaban and the moderators celebrated it with him in the only way they know.

that's the last hope if they release the game close to the current state, but than again read my signature... 🤷‍♂️

Did not watch the video. But based of the title, I doubt it. They're still in early access and have not really made any promises regarding missing features. The game is good in its current state, unlike NMS at release.

Bannerlord is good now and can only become better.

"Bannerlord is good now"

ew-disgust.gif

it can only start to be considered good once it's at least leveled with Warband, which it is NOT.

that's the last hope if they release the game close to the current state, but than again read my signature... 🤷‍♂️

"Bannerlord is good now"

ew-disgust.gif

it can only start to be considered good once it's at least leveled with Warband, which it is NOT.
+1. Lucius Confucius is just a troll account that actively denies obviously true things though, so don't bother engaging too much with it.

What happened this time?
I was a very naughty boy and got a warning point (4/20) for abusive, overly aggresive, threatening or "trolling" behavour, also advertising pirating stuff (which is a no go!):
Also talk of piracy is no go!!!
And you know, **** get´s real when they use three "!"!!! (Trust me)

So fellow kids, never ever pirate stuff!!! It´s a bad thing, don´t do it, for real!!! Buying good, pirating bad!

The video is worth watching, also it´s very funny.

Internet Historian is a classic.
This!

Last edited:
No, I'd say with finished future plans bannerlord will be just about like no man's shy at release. Did you play it at release? You could explore a bunch of generated planets, collect and upgrade ship parts, collect power ups, have basic combat, get a platinumed achievement and get the center of the universe, I did it. It was basic and disappointing but let you play the game and finish it.

I don't think TW with do big updates and overhauls after console release. Maybe DLC but I'll doubt it will be any remarkable changes
Its a real shame because even if they just polish the current game mechanics to perfection the game would still feels very empty.

I doubt it. Isn't Turkey's economy still in the gutter?
I don´t know, but does the economy of Turkey have a relevance to the game? It´s a game.

Or are we so "down" to find whatever reason? Steam reviews say the game is good!!! Numbers never were wrong!

Conclusion:
Game is good and needs to be released! (after around 1,5 years in EA).

Last edited:
Idk, I really like bannerlord in the state it is right now. Sure it's unfinished, but mods can fix a lot of issues by simply tweaking/adding few code lines. Main issue right now is wonky AI, but I assume it's because of 500 vs 500 fights (1000units), which si really stresfull for CPU/calculations. Good example is having a look on starcraft 2 or other RTS games (with less calculations done compared to bannerlord) and struggling aswell with massive amounts of units. However I wouldn't call it a bad game even if it was a fully released game at this point/stage.

but does the economy of Turkey have a relevance to the game?
If TW is still based on Turkey, the economy could affect development. For example, the skilled people might be running off to another country, or TW's pay become so worthless that they'd rather take foreign online jobs, so TW is left with less skilled people.

If TW is still based on Turkey, the economy could affect development. For example, the skilled people might be running off to another country, or TW's pay become so worthless that they'd rather take foreign online jobs, so TW is left with less skilled people.
Sure!

If I buy a car, I always think about where it was produced. Totally understandable! Thanks for the insight.

The things is ... what the team did with 'No Man's Sky' requires a degree of humility.

They knew it wasn't good enough ... and they sat down and decided that realising the vision of the game was the single most important thing. In other words, bringing the product close to what it was always meant to be.

So, that shows two things:

1) A real determination to make the end-product match the vision

2) Like I said before... some damn humility.

TaleWorlds on the other hand..... they just abandon features as "too complicated" (Castle building, village management, half-decent diplomacy, a 'criminal empire')

And they show no humility at all.

The feeling / attitude you get from them is " We are Taleworlds, we are making an awesome game, of course it will be kind of consolized... because that's how things are these days....so stop whining about missing features! Get over it ! ... Just be grateful we exist."

Last edited:
1) A real determination to make the end-product match the vision
They do this by altering the 'Vision' when something is "too complex" lol

The game has lots of good things about it but way too many things which are absent or make playing too frustrating.
I can't get over the total lack of diplomacy beyond clicking a couple of buttons when the code decides you can, it's made me quit every single campaign I've played. That and the dearth of roleplaying elements and interactive features.

I mean there are even things in the official steam description which aren't in the game, namely "establish secret criminal empires in the back alleys of cities"... It's literally impossible to do that in the game but they say this feature is already in the game when asked about it. It's often like reading an interview with a politician looking at responses on here.

Last edited:
True, some more ambitious (and arguably better) developers got jobs in other, more developed countries based on the experience they got while developing Bannerlord.
While this is a regretful loss of experience for the Bannerlord team, I sense that most of the experienced devs that left stayed in Turkey and were simply fed up with spending the most productive decade of their lives on one imperfect game that STILL DOESN'T HAVE A RELEASE DATE. They were let down by their management the same as the players.
Enter the interns to fill in the gaps in the ranks that can't be easily filled.
And what happens when Duh is released from his serfdom? You are left with a bunch of shy newbie interns hiding behind Callum.

Back
Top Bottom