Will TW do a No Mans Sky thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Did not watch the video. But based of the title, I doubt it. They're still in early access and have not really made any promises regarding missing features. The game is good in its current state, unlike NMS at release.

Bannerlord is good now and can only become better.

Then shut the **** up
We can either answer the OP's question, or watch an hour long video. Both? Blah.

I personally don't think so-ish. Meaning, the base game will not get any better than what it is now, unless there is some major willpower/management. It will be up to the modders to fulfill Bannerlord's destiny. But that's up to TW releasing more modding tools, and less hardcoded buggery.

So...maybe?

unlike NMS at release.
No, I'd say with finished future plans bannerlord will be just about like no man's shy at release. Did you play it at release? You could explore a bunch of generated planets, collect and upgrade ship parts, collect power ups, have basic combat, get a platinumed achievement and get the center of the universe, I did it. It was basic and disappointing but let you play the game and finish it.

I don't think TW with do big updates and overhauls after console release. Maybe DLC but I'll doubt it will be any remarkable changes

I don't even think NMS deserves the reputation it got as some kind of super turn around. All they really did was take the game to where it should have been to begin with. Really, it deserves a lasting negative reputation for not delivering on launch what it said it would.

Doubt it. What made NMS famous as a turnaround was that they delivered massive amount of improvement on a constant basis. The original game was barebone, but they filled it rather quickly.
TaleWorlds, on the contrary, has been incredibly slow since the beginning despite being literally ten times bigger.

Unless they reorganize themselves and end up multiplying their speed of delivery, they will simply be too sluggish for that.

Internet Historian is a classic. I like his videos.

They have been working on No Mans Sky for 6 years now after release. I see people in my friendlist enjoying it.
Who knows how Bannerlord will look in 4 years. I am expecting a lot of great mods by that time.
I don't have any hope in a TaleWorlds redemption arc though :p
I don't think they will add much more content to Bannerlord, before they move on to another game.

h4x1E.png

What happened this time?

So you are muted again? Already missing you 😘
Video was interesting and funny (the hype train!)
But I don't think both games are comparable.
Bannerlord did not really announce any ambitious things (like a limitless space world, procedural environment,...).
The audience is also different. I don't know why but the hype about space games is just so intense, even silly (looking at what some people already paid for Space Citizen...).
And also Bannerlord is a sequel... A lot of players are frustrated because some features they consider as a must have are missing (feast, scripted companions...).
At least Hello Games finally provided a polished game and I wish the same for Bannerlord... in a really near future... speaking about months, not years...

Last edited:
Comparing bannerlord to no mans sky when there's beta/early access available. Bruh.
Quality **** post non the less.

Internet Historian is a classic. I like his videos.

They have been working on No Mans Sky for 6 years now after release. I see people in my friendlist enjoying it.
Who knows how Bannerlord will look in 4 years. I am expecting a lot of great mods by that time.
I don't have any hope in a TaleWorlds redemption arc though :p
I don't think they will add much more content to Bannerlord, before they move on to another game.
They've said they'll keep adding scenes after full release, so perhaps they will add some other stuff. I'm not sure I really want them to though as it'll mean mods will continue to get broken and then get abandoned...

They've said they'll keep adding scenes after full release, so perhaps they will add some other stuff. I'm not sure I really want them to though as it'll mean mods will continue to get broken and then get abandoned...
hope full release = no more code changes (at core lvl to break mods)

Back
Top Bottom