Will there be religion in bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think one of the major reasons TW avoids implementing religion is because most of the cultures are based on historical cultures, and players bring that understanding when they play. So, even if the religions were “fantasy,” players would read those religions through the lens of our history. And that’s generally touchy.

I think anything that diversifies the cultures present in the game (or complicates the personality of lords), so I wouldn’t mind religions at all. But I can see why TW might be reticent.

I think one of the major reasons TW avoids implementing religion is because most of the cultures are based on historical cultures, and players bring that understanding when they play. So, even if the religions were “fantasy,” players would read those religions through the lens of our history. And that’s generally touchy.

I think anything that diversifies the cultures present in the game (or complicates the personality of lords), so I wouldn’t mind religions at all. But I can see why TW might be reticent.
Can't the very same be applied on the factions?

Can't the very same be applied on the factions?

Sure. But history is verifiable. Religion isn’t.

Not to mention, lore doesn’t just write itself. That would need to be developed, with an eye to maintaining absolute neutrality and presenting enough detail for the religions to be convincing and engaging... It’s no simple feat. The easiest way would be to draw parallels between real world religions, but then we emerge at the same problem before.

Remember, Turkey is predominantly an Islamic country, majority of buyers are presumably Christian. Imagine the ****storm on the forum if people argued about Catholic, Protestant, Reformed, Shi'i, Sunni or Wahhabi. Even fictitious religions would be judged on what real life religion they were most like. TW has wisely avoided this in the past and are wise to do so with Bannerlord.

I was actually thinking the same thing last night, it's a shame that there is no religion, it would add so much more depth into the game. Imagine the Christianity equivalent doing crusades, or Jihads for Islamic equivalents. Having to convert regions after annexing them, otherwise you'd get rebellious subjects for having the wrong religion. Or even having a moreso humanist approach where you accept Kingdom policies that more 'humanist' and allow more than one state religion. **** Im getting keen thinking about it.
I agree, it's a huge missed opportunity. Maybe even creating your own religion, that would have been so much fun...

Remember, Turkey is predominantly an Islamic country, majority of buyers are presumably Christian. Imagine the ****storm on the forum if people argued about Catholic, Protestant, Reformed, Shi'i, Sunni or Wahhabi. Even fictitious religions would be judged on what real life religion they were most like. TW has wisely avoided this in the past and are wise to do so with Bannerlord.
I'd like you to show me the ****storms about religions on Crusader Kings 2 forum.

People are gonna argue, no matter what...if not religion, it's gonna be about OP javelins, battanian armour or release date.
Don't let the political correctness and SJW dictate and limit the possibilities of our obscure fantasy game. They've got enough on their plates in real life.

Yeah, no, being worried about community outrage over fictitious religions with vague relations to real-life religion isn't a real worry in my book. You'll have some meme-lords spouting phrases for their religion of choice, but I don't see how that's going to be a real "problem" in any regard.

It makes me really happy that Taleworlds has kept so many things quiet as NachoDawg has pointed out. When I first saw beta players sharing youtube videos, I was really happy at how much had been kept under wraps until this point. It did make for a better experience.

I love lore in any game series I get involved in. Talking in the modding Discord me and several members were trying to guess at the cultures of various briefly mentioned locations in Mount and Blade Warband. (Like Balion). Religion is just another part of that.

Common belief gives people something to unite over. It explains why large groups of people with the same language could work together. In early human history, this was the first common source of morality, and therefore the foundation for justice systems and such. I don't want to see Taleworld's go more in detail than they believe they need too, but more details on culture and how it works creates a deeper more enjoyable experience. It adds to the story I know that many of us were making up in our mind as we traveled the map of Calradia. The cross on the Swadian great helmet means something, doesn't it? I'm sure the Nords, from Jumne believe something entirely different. I'd love more religious and historical context in Bannerlords. After Warband had so much mystery with the general world building, I look forward to any and all new details Taleworlds wants to add to the rich land of Calradia.

Most people here should be adults who are historically aware. If we can handler religion in history and the disputes that go with it, we should be able to handle it in a game. Are people going to complain that selling prisoners of war into slavery goes against their modern viewpoint as well?

Game is better without religions. I don't see anything fun about it in Mount and Blade, it's just a needless hassle when interacting with characters. Keep it basic, keep it fun. (y)

Game is better without religions. I don't see anything fun about it in Mount and Blade, it's just a needless hassle when interacting with characters. Keep it basic, keep it fun. (y)
And here again, a typical "I don't want religions in the game" without any reason or argument. *sigh*.
Yeah, let's keep the game as simple as possible. Let's also remove diplomacy, quests, etc. Let's remove the heir system, that's way too complex and not fun at all, right ?

I was actually thinking the same thing last night, it's a shame that there is no religion, it would add so much more depth into the game. Imagine the Christianity equivalent doing crusades, or Jihads for Islamic equivalents. Having to convert regions after annexing them, otherwise you'd get rebellious subjects for having the wrong religion. Or even having a moreso humanist approach where you accept Kingdom policies that more 'humanist' and allow more than one state religion. **** Im getting keen thinking about it.
I liked religion in VC.

It can have gameplay impact of they use Age of Empires approach.
Instead of archers you use Priests that wololo and you convert enemy units!

It's a roleplaying game so just be creative with your character.

Play as a priest of a religion you invented yourself, or adapted from another fantasy world. Come up with some beliefs that have a practical effect in the game and follow them. Consider how your character would react if forced by circumstances to break some of those beliefs. Judge other characters by how closely they (unwittingly) follow your creed. Anything from benevolent pacifist to mad prophet to "Blood for the Blood God!" is possible.

In other words, don't rely on in-game stats to tell you something about religion, use your imagination.

Just get it in a mod. It didnt exist in warband which is after bannerlord, makes completely no sense to put it in bannerlord lore wise

Also mount and blade is already filled with white edgy kids who think some crusaders were their ancestors. Don't add fuel to this.

Back
Top Bottom