Will there be information-gathering dialogue in future versions due to the new Fog of war for the encyclopedia or is this the famous BL "vision"?

Users who are viewing this thread

I never asked to just straight out remove or gut its functionality; just implement it in a way into the game to be a part of the 'game'/playthrough. While trying to retain some semblance of 'realism' still to the game.
The only issue is its global omniscience, especially given TW is a hard-no on messenger systems too (being too 'instant'), yet they have this tool in place?
Yes, that's something I consider core to it functioning, so I don't have to wander around looking for completely trivial information like "how old is this girl being offered?" or "was this the good Engineer or the ****ty one?"

Also, saying that one feature sucks so why doesn't another one suck in the exact same way is terrible.

The current beta won't see further content changes, but future patches may iterate over this feature (and others).
Can you make this optional?

Yes, that's something I consider core to it functioning, so I don't have to wander around looking for completely trivial information like "how old is this girl being offered?" or "was this the good Engineer or the ****ty one?"

Also, saying that one feature sucks so why doesn't another one suck in the exact same way is terrible.
You're phrasing it as if I wanted a Neretzes Folly-like bs with the campaign - that was and is a horrible design for a quest; and is horrible for FoW. No one wants to look around just for that sake, which, TBF, may be what the current implementation looks or feels like. Would be as meaningless as 'revealing' weapon parts in Escape from Tarkov (if still a thing) or even the meaningless grind in the smithing parts in BL that we have.

I should know the info of a marriage proposal; a simple box/page showing that person's stats/info along with the marriage proposal completely solves that issue.
The kings/queens should be common knowledge.
Companions can be a simple tavern rumor/check; 'I'm looking for X type - I heard X type is in Y town recently', easy. Or simply just tailor it so companions gravitate to nearby towns only for the player; especially with the other companion changes so there's always one of each, etc...

But rebel clan across the world that recently converted to a clan, who all their members are, pregnancy dates, their relations with whoever else, their wealth/clan tier, and all their last known locations, and status? I guess all the nobles update their facebook status and have GPS Find my phone trackers on them all the time and at the click of a button for the player.

Even prior FOW, you still had to do the bs roundabout way of hovering over the notification, remembering their name (and check for duplicates), go to your wiki, search them, then see info; before you click that notification button as it's locked in.

If the current implementation is just and only the basic 'click/chase every lord to update info' with absolutely no supplementary or accompanying features/dialogues/systems to aid it; yes - I'm on your side.

More than one way to skin a cat; but TW is using a hammer.

I met almost all heroes on my savegame before last update. I know coming with 1.1.0 new Encyclopedia feature but I thought it wouldn't be a problem because I met all heroes. I can't see anyone's information other than my family members now. Do I have to meet everyone again or is there a way to fix this?

I get the feeling it will be a time adjustment. After 10 days a month their info goes away again. Just a feeling

Back
Top Bottom