Will there be cross platform multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be nice to have cross platform functionality so console players can play with pc players (although there should be an option to only play with other console players).

This would help with the low population in multiplayer, I am sure this is complicated but I think it would revive the multiplayer community assuming this functionality does not limit pc player capabilities.

Another glorious jesus_is_lord post. dumb if you think console players will boost the numbers of this game without custom servers being released first. PC players do not queue captain or skirmish. They hit pros, and get smashed. they would be playing only with other console players and nothing would increase except the amount of complainers in the forums. they would complain about performance issues, server issues, or trolls. Let the devs do their thing with custom serverson pc and singleplayer on console. Not to mention the most glaringly obvious issue I can foresee is the skill gap between console players and pc players will be tremendous due to the amount of inputs a pc player can contribute to a server versus a console player in lets say hypothetically one minute. They would be out feinted and out maneuvered immediately without serious balance changes to the game.

Not saying any of that cant be fixed or it should be or not. Just pointing out you are asking them to create more problems for themselves instead of fixing the glaringly obvious ones that already persist. Brainless.

And to quote another player who has already asked this question you could have added it to his post -
Just saying, I hope you're not planning on delivering the multiplayer on consoles in this state, because it's not just the horrible stuttering in this patch, the servers crashing every 10 minutes it's a time bomb, and while PC EA players forgive whatever these have been, I don't think console players that pay for memberships to use online features (lame) will be kind to have their game crashing and performing like a 90s computer

Great point of talk jesus, hope to see more

Another glorious jesus_is_lord post. dumb if you think console players will boost the numbers of this game without custom servers being released first. PC players do not queue captain or skirmish. They hit pros, and get smashed. they would be playing only with other console players and nothing would increase except the amount of complainers in the forums. they would complain about performance issues, server issues, or trolls. Let the devs do their thing with custom serverson pc and singleplayer on console. Not to mention the most glaringly obvious issue I can foresee is the skill gap between console players and pc players will be tremendous due to the amount of inputs a pc player can contribute to a server versus a console player in lets say hypothetically one minute. They would be out feinted and out maneuvered immediately without serious balance changes to the game.

Not saying any of that cant be fixed or it should be or not. Just pointing out you are asking them to create more problems for themselves instead of fixing the glaringly obvious ones that already persist. Brainless.

And to quote another player who has already asked this question you could have added it to his post -
Stop being a hater

If the info in here is right then no, no crossplatform. Multi on consoles is for 2-64 people max.

I didn't really expect multi to be xcross platform either.

I could imagine one stick being for movement, second for looking/blocking and triggers for attack/block? It surely wouldn't be as responsive as mouse but possible xD

Bold assumption to think that the game will even leave Early Access. Bolder to assume that multiplayer won't just be shut down by then

Back
Top Bottom