Will there be a Taleworld statement

Users who are viewing this thread

Like some devs stated, many of the current developers were modders themselves, so it is something they enjoyed doing even before getting paid, and they did it in their own free time and in their own pace.
Just a note here, I only know of one former modder that is a developer now (Duh) and he is a German with the corresponding work ethic. I trust him more than anyone there to get things done, under pressure or not, because he loves the series (and he is a German, did I mention that?).
The problem is allegedly that many of the others are indifferent both in skill and motivation.

With more than 200 people working for them, I wonder why in the world wouldn't they just hire a single person to act as a spokesman with the following instructions:
TW: "Tell them something. Anything. But something reassuring, something to stoke some hype."
New Hire: "Even lies?"
TW: "Especially the lies."
Hell, if you really aren't finding anyone to do that, hire me. I'm great with empty platitudes, as my mother-in-law would gladly confirm with a **** eating grin.

With more than 200 people working for them, I wonder why in the world wouldn't they just hire a single person to act as a spokesman with the following instructions:
TW: "Tell them something. Anything. But something reassuring, something to stoke some hype."
New Hire: "Even lies?"
TW: "Especially the lies."
Hell, if you really aren't finding anyone to do that, hire me. I'm great with empty platitudes, as my mother-in-law would gladly confirm with a **** eating grin.
Tomorrow is a great day for all kinds of lies. Surprise announcements, spectacular rumors, bizarre bug reports, you get the idea.
In addition, the forum administration will probably troll us too, as is tradition.

The problem is allegedly that many of the others are indifferent both in skill and motivation.
ah, if that is true then it's sad... at least we still have passionate modders that will create nice things once the mod tools are sorted out. But yes I do see Duh is very active. Very grateful for that.

It's just strange how it seems that TW is waging a cold war against their own community, directly defying what the players want for the sake of the "vision". and for the most part never communicating, as if they are trying to stick it to the veterans for the sake of their new player base who have never really played the other games. The people that have played these games for years and thousands of hours are scoffed at and seen as a bunch of annoying mosquitoes, probably bolstered by the sales the game has made and the non-M&B people who say that they like the game.

They seem to hate or either not care about their long-time fanbase that made something out of these games, while at the same time, they probably know that if the game turns out okay and lasts, that it will be the modders who will have bailed them out, the same people that they seem to see as the opposition and the enemy.

It is quite honestly pathetic that they treat their community this way when the community has done so much for them over the years. All the modding, all the feedback, the money that they received, the chance for the company and M&B to actually be something and to last, and they couldn't be more thankless these days. What exactly would M&B be without the die-hard fanbase and the modders? A few developers take the time off to talk to the community when it's not even their job, and the actual people who should be talking, don't, and ignore their fanbase.

We are told about the vision left and right, yet it's not very clearly explained unless you count Callum's infamous "It's just an action game" quote.

Time is relative anyhow
Yeah.
I am not writing this post just to express my frustrations, but it is inevitable at this point. I'm just writing to make myself remember that I'm taking an official break from the forums and the game for at least 3 months.

rLYaRdo.jpg

That was a short 3 months ?

And I for one hope for an update on future plans and features. It's about time we get something solid so we know what the end result of the game will look like. I personally stopped playing a month after release and am eagerly awaiting the game to feel feature complete and fix things like siege ai.

Would be nice to know if Taleworlds vision for Bannerlord is what many of us expected or not.

I do not use mods, so It's important for me that the game stands alone as a good sequel to Warband with many of it's original features.

Last edited:
Maybe they aint got nothing cool, just a basic update otw, so they want to downplay the 1 year anniversary. Maybe they hope to avoid creating a wave of youtuber "1 year of EA and what has changed" videos that will not be very flattering.

Maybe they aint got nothing cool, just a basic update otw, so they want to downplay the 1 year anniversary. Maybe they hope to avoid creating a wave of youtuber "1 year of EA and what has changed" videos that will not be very flattering.

Must say would love that 10 Min Vid xD 2 Minutes of Intro and Outro 30 Seconds advertising their space game ? haha

They don't even need to put out a roadmap. They could have just made a video or something highlighting the work they've done so far and how much the game changed. Because some people played the game for a month and then dropped until better times.

They don't even need to put out a roadmap. They could have just made a video or something highlighting the work they've done so far and how much the game changed. Because some people played the game for a month and then dropped until better times.
You mean something like a... dev blog, Darling Teresa? The dev blogs don't have a good reputation around here. :smile:
Maybe if they were narrated by actual developers instead of a PR guy, we would have more reasons to trust them.

I'm sure we'll get a new self congratulatory video showing of unremarkable and ill received updates of last few months and a preview of upcoming changes that may or may not actually make it into updates within the next 3 months.

Hey how's that spear bracing in SP coming along TW? Not that it will work against the player or matter at all ever in SP

Should just be montage of getting 1-2 shot during prison breaks, filling out bug report threads, loosing moral from the new pillaging feature and naked baby dancing 15yo sister :smile:
Sorry boys, they patched that last one!

Back
Top Bottom