Will smithing ever be fixed or at least rebalanced?

Users who are viewing this thread

I hate smithing. Make it NPC only. Make parts rare and special drops and rewards you give to npc to make special gear. SPECIAL.
Put something else in the endurance slot, or don't.
No because i love it :smile: get a mod pal :wink:

I don't need a mod I can just ignore it since it's adds nothing of value or use to the game.
You make better weapon then a long glaive? nah ah no you didn't that's what I thought.
Well you can make better long glaives and much cooler looking and effective weapons :wink: But that weapon needs a nerf anyways being standard...got damn OP beast that one

Well you can make better long glaives and much cooler looking and effective weapons :wink: But that weapon needs a nerf anyways being standard...got damn OP beast that one
Prove it. Make a better long glaive. No cheats to unlock all parts, see how much time it waste to try and unlock the parts.
Smithing is a garbage mechanic and I challenge anyone to show me a smithed weapon that gives such an advantage over store bought long glaive to be worth the boring, repetitive and .sav bloating activity of smithing.

Prove it. Make a better long glaive. No cheats to unlock all parts, see how much time it waste to try and unlock the parts.
Smithing is a garbage mechanic and I challenge anyone to show me a smithed weapon that gives such an advantage over store bought long glaive to worth the boring, repetitive and .sav bloating activity of smithing.
well that comes more to luck to unlock and yeah ive been on about that to them that you should have a chance to learn the part that youre breaking down. But i could for you if it wasnt because i was writing a book atm. I mean i have been a master smith 2 times so i have the exp :wink: 3 but then the master smith was my companion so doesnt count. And im not using mods even how tempting it may be ^^

Last edited:
Smithing is a garbage mechanic and I challenge anyone to show me a smithed weapon that gives such an advantage over store bought long glaive to be worth the boring, repetitive and .sav bloating activity of smithing.
So don't use it. Not everyone wants a long glaive. Why are you bothered about something that's boring and repetitive in other people's games?

Physics-based damage; swinging something long and heavy, with weigh concentrated at one end (i.e. not a sword) means it is going to do some crazy damage.

They are working on it...since 3 months? :wink:

I guess they said they´re reworking the whole system, but not sure though.

I just totally ignore the whole smithing stuff, it´s like a cheat (I give you one jav for your town! K, cool thanks bye! / You totally will win this war! But what about this one jav? K, cool thanks bye!) in my opinion. But this game is SP so whatever.

Physics-based damage; swinging something long and heavy, with weigh concentrated at one end (i.e. not a sword) means it is going to do some crazy damage.
yes ofc but its over the line balance wise since it hits like a truck right out from the bat and is easier to hit along with "handling" in it to. It should be brought down to slight around the two handed axe maybe less since that one also have the physics behind it if not more would you say because of its weight ?
However two handed sword should be little lesser then axe though if im not mistaken are aprox equal

Glaive should be seen as distance weapons as spears and should be slighter damage then the rest because of the lower risk and the slight blade covers that fact because an two handed axe would do more damage speed wise along with weight + its harder to hit with the damn axe as well (except for certain special axes but those axes should weight a lot more to) ^^ and you cant thrust with it to.....

Last edited:
So don't use it. Not everyone wants a long glaive. Why are you bothered about something that's boring and repetitive in other people's games?
I don't, didn't you read anything you're responding to? I'm bothered by something useless in the character leveling system that's better suited for a npc function. Now suck that back up with your vomit post and digest it.
into the garbage bin with anyone else who dumps nonsense without reading my posts.

Last edited:
yes ofc but its over the line balance wise since it hits like a truck right out from the bat and is easier to hit along with "handling" in it to. It should be brought down to slight around the two handed axe maybe less since that one also have the physics behind it if not more would you say because of its weight ?
However two handed sword should be little lesser then axe though if im not mistaken are aprox equal
Yes I agree somewhat, but it's part of the speed+damage = WAY TOO MUCH that effect all weapons. Any weapon does way too much if it swinger and hitter are moving towards each other, all should be reduced but maybe lances and maybe some two handers not reduced as much. But it's the max speed boost damage, not the base damage IMO that is the problem. The long glaive (or rhamphai or polesword)will still be the weapon of choice because of the reach.

I don't, didn't you read anything you're responding to? I'm bothered by something useless in the character leveling system that's better suited for a npc function. Now suck that back up with your vomit post and digest it.
Touchy. You seem to be overlooking quite a significant point - some people like smithing weapons, and not everyone is just looking for a single max damage glaive. It needs reworking, but not removing just because you don't like it.

Someone said "just dont use smithing". But in that is a problem. You have to.
The level system force you to smith in order to level up - and that is a really bad mechanic. What if, i dont want to smith or trade cuz it wouldnt fit with my character. My level would be stuck at some point.

Some people like smithing, some people like it not. And its totally fine. But dont force me into it, cuz i want to level up my char.

The level system force you to smith in order to level up - and that is a really bad mechanic. What if, i dont want to smith or trade cuz it wouldnt fit with my character. My level would be stuck at some point.

Some people like smithing, some people like it not. And its totally fine. But dont force me into it, cuz i want to level up my char.
No you forcing your leveling (as some people say) like this isnt a right way to do. Ive been tailoring a lot of different characters from all spectrum of the game just on their specific trade and its the best thing to do in my opinion due to the time frame you have.So thinking to cheese in one trade when your character is ment to be another -lets say warrior champion- is just a a waste of time and xp in my opinion. But sure athletics, riding or both in mind depending on your character of which you should focus on instead in this case along with weapon skills. Your gonna waste time and xp with smiting when you should master towards what you really want to achive with your character. Make secondary things for later...However you can train your companions for those secondaries...Heck i even trained a bad (agility skilled) one to become a decent smith so thats possible to

Last edited:
Javelins get a multiplier applied for some reason. Other weapons with equivalent damage (eastern polesword, for example) sell for less than a tenth or a hundreth of a top-tier javelin's price.
I don't know if they get any multiplier or not. It seems like any weapon that does over 100d or so skyrockets the price, but only the first listed weapon mode counts. So most polearms that are 1H/2H with the 1H listed first get priced very cheaply. It doesn't even look at the other weapon modes. But if you make a 2H-only polearm with 100+ damage it sells for obscene money too.

The level system force you to smith in order to level up - and that is a really bad mechanic.

They changed the leveling system a month or two ago so it goes by XP gains instead of skill points.

There are loads of skills I don't use or put any focus into (at least a third of them, probably a bit more) - it doesn't stop the character levelling up on others.

I've found that power-leveling smithing too early in the game can hurt your progress later on. You can gain so many levels so quickly that it makes all your other skills slower to level, even with the extra focus points you got by smithing. Now I just reserve it for companions

I've found that power-leveling smithing too early in the game can hurt your progress later on. You can gain so many levels so quickly that it makes all your other skills slower to level, even with the extra focus points you got by smithing. Now I just reserve it for companions
Well my dwarf build worked with that...Two handed skills, top smithing and athletics then engineer as secondary worked as a charm :smile:

Back
Top Bottom