Will Slavery be a feature in Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

It would definitely fit in the setting and make raiding more interesting.

Edit: As in, selling the surviving population of villages you raid as slaves and/or putting them to work. Not just the one special broker taking your captives.

Last edited:
I will be a slave to the game, does that count? hundreds upon hundreds of unpaid hours of being a Bannerlord.

Crime and Punishment (Info) - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/96

(1) Will Slavery be a feature in Bannerlord?
- I believe so, I hope we have more interactions with slave/prisoners then we had in Mount&Blade Warband.
But it was already a feature on Warband, so let's just hope we will have much more interactions with them.
Thanks! Didn't follow the devblogs for a while, probably should've before opening this thread.

That feature was already in the original though.
Yeah, but i escaped a few years back. on another note, i dont remember seeing anything about slaves in posts, but i would imagine Theres some sort of system to get rid of prisoners, if not multiple.

I'm pretty sure they said the Aserai had a minor faction for slave troops, like the mamlukes basically
Well i think thats more of a history thing, where they were inspired by the real mamlukes, like other nations have similar things, but it would be cool if you as Aserai would actually turn your slaves into their special elite unit.

Well i think thats more of a history thing, where they were inspired by the real mamlukes, like other nations have similar things, but it would be cool if you as Aserai would actually turn your slaves into their special elite unit.
I'd hope they'd have something unique for it, we'll see soon enough

Mamlukes were trained from quite an early age though, so that wouldn't just need slavery to be in but also the enslavement of at least teenagers if not children. Would definitely be an interesting element in the game, but I doubt that children would be in vanilla that way.

Mamlukes were trained from quite an early age though, so that wouldn't just need slavery to be in but also the enslavement of at least teenagers if not children. Would definitely be an interesting element in the game, but I doubt that children would be in vanilla that way.
Well this is a game, so it does have some "artistic freedom"

I'll start heating up popcorn in anticipation of the angry SJW articles that will complain about Bannerlord incorporating any type of slavery in 2020.

I'll start heating up popcorn in anticipation of the angry SJW articles that will complain about Bannerlord incorporating any type of slavery in 2020.
you will have more luck finding insecure men complaining about female warriors.

Back
Top Bottom