Will players return to the Captain game mode, on full release date?

Will you play Captain on release?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 82.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

cuthbert5

Recruit
I hope the answer to this question is yes. The Captain game mode of MB is its most unique and valuable multiplayer offering, in my seasoned opinion based on now decades of experience with multiplayer gaming.

Let this be a rally point! Players, please get back in the queues for Captain games when the full game is release for PC and consoles. TaleWorlds Devs, respectfully, please make sure the mode is working on release. Thanks and hope to see you all on the battlefield this fall through winter.

Before the 1.7.2 update, people were playing the game, the mode had several issues like 1 or 2 faction being super strong compared to others, and eveveryone was waiting for faction balances, some A.I rework, better perk mechanics, better formation and new orders....
But 1.7.2 came along and it killed it .... removed the option to f1+f1 your troops, removing some tactical aspects to the experience, (r.i.p placing your troops strategically to ambush enemy players and R.I.P rambo cav) .
A.I became way worst, faction balance is also very bad, skirmishers are still useless after 2 years, heavy inf units are still garbage, cav was nerfed to hell.
And this awful ranking system , having to solo queue into games, because god forbid playing with your friends in a party, and game will just crash because someone left the server...

Yesterday I saw a video from the youtuber "Artem" where he interviewed a MP dev at GAMESCOM 2022

The MP Dev response (at the minute 4:20) is baffling to say the least...I don't know where the MP is going but I pray for the release of private servers and that the modders are given the proper modding tools, I feel they're the only ones that can save MP.

I'm going to be trying to increase the size of the battles and implementing Realistic Battle Mod plugin at the very least.

Worst comes worst, we'll be better off crowdfunding to make our own captains mode game xD

Before the 1.7.2 update, people were playing the game, the mode had several issues like 1 or 2 faction being super strong compared to others, and eveveryone was waiting for faction balances, some A.I rework, better perk mechanics, better formation and new orders....
But 1.7.2 came along and it killed it .... removed the option to f1+f1 your troops, removing some tactical aspects to the experience, (r.i.p placing your troops strategically to ambush enemy players and R.I.P rambo cav) .
A.I became way worst, faction balance is also very bad, skirmishers are still useless after 2 years, heavy inf units are still garbage, cav was nerfed to hell.
And this awful ranking system , having to solo queue into games, because god forbid playing with your friends in a party, and game will just crash because someone left the server...

Yesterday I saw a video from the youtuber "Artem" where he interviewed a MP dev at GAMESCOM 2022

The MP Dev response (at the minute 4:20) is baffling to say the least...I don't know where the MP is going but I pray for the release of private servers and that the modders are given the proper modding tools, I feel they're the only ones that can save MP.

I agree with most of your points, except that I think the Cpt. leash is a good thing. I think the ranked mode did more damage to the playerbase then anything else. Funny that Taleworlds Vision for multiplayer seems to be a totally unbalanced, unstable, unplayable mess according to the dev in the vid. Now we know for sure we have to wait for the community to fix the game.

I'm going to be trying to increase the size of the battles and implementing Realistic Battle Mod plugin at the very least.

Worst comes worst, we'll be better off crowdfunding to make our own captains mode game xD

1. Sounds like a great foundation to start with.
2. Take my money!

Edit: at OP missing the option „I will try but will be disappointed like everyone else and leave again because game will be broken and/or dead“

Last edited:
The 2 NA private captain servers are almost always full so I definitely think people want to play the mode. Too bad the playerbase is so small that literally no one is queuing most of the time

The 2 NA private captain servers are almost always full so I definitely think people want to play the mode. Too bad the playerbase is so small that literally no one is queuing most of the time
I haven't even played enough of it to complain about it being broken which apparently it is. I'll take the Warband and OG vets word on this given their mostly reasonable position on the singleplayer. Such is life i suppose, being a filthy casual and all.

So its not onlly me not being able to join captain? Because yesterday I had like 1 hour waiting time - and still nothing? Its safe to say that only custom captain servers available?

So its not onlly me not being able to join captain? Because yesterday I had like 1 hour waiting time - and still nothing? Its safe to say that only custom captain servers available?
Matchmaking doesn't work for months due to people not queueing, custom servers are the only way to play.

Why would I return? The issues that made me quit, have gotten worse with every "update" since to that mode. I do see myself playing some cool modded version of cap mode in the future though.

I can't even get a captain or skirmish map. Estimated time is unreliable. If TW implements a background queue while I play custom games, I would queue, but waiting x minutes with no guarantee of a game is a pointless waste of time (as if there are pointed wastes of time?)

Back
Top Bottom