Will players be able to have children (aka clan system) in Early Access on March 31st?

Users who are viewing this thread

Was browsing the reddit and a person claimed that Callum said on the main forum that this feature wasn't in the Early Access. I checked the list that was made on all the features that wouldn't be in the early access (Making your own kingdom/crafting weapons), but i didn't see the "Player Clan" on the chopping block for the Early Access release. Anyone mind providing an exact quote from the Dev's on this? I tried looking for it myself and came up with nothing.

Was browsing the reddit and a person claimed that Callum said on the main forum that this feature wasn't in the Early Access. I checked the list that was made on all the features that wouldn't be in the early access (Making your own kingdom/crafting weapons), but i didn't see the "Player Clan" on the chopping block for the Early Access release. Anyone mind providing an exact quote from the Dev's on this? I tried looking for it myself and came up with nothing.
On the steam page its says what it won't have in EA, death, clans aren't on the list, safe to assume you can have kids, ik you can start a clan/marry

Early Access information on the Steam page:
“In terms of content, the early access version of the game contains all of the main staples of the Mount & Blade experience, with a host of content that is new to the series. Players can create their own character using the game’s character creation system; explore the continent of Calradia; gather their own warband of troops; command and fight alongside their troops in large scale battles using the game’s extensive command system and intuitive skill-based directional combat system; raid settlements; lay siege to and capture enemy towns and castles; trade items and goods using the game’s deep economy system; engage in politics and diplomacy; manage their own clan; upgrade and manage settlements; gather armies and wage war; and much, much more... all in a vast singleplayer sandbox setting where no two playthroughs are the same. The early access version also includes fully supported multiplayer game modes for players to test their combat skills and tactical prowess against players from all over the world.”

“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

On the steam page its says what it won't have in EA, death, clans aren't on the list, safe to assume you can have kids, ik you can start a clan/marry
Uhhh... Maybe. Your clan though is your family. You can actually start the game with a sibling... You can marry... There's your clan. Having the clan mechanic doesn't necessarily mean that having children will be in there upon EA release. The kicker here is: "may lack some supporting features" ... What exactly is included in those "features" is somewhat open to interpretation (kind of like the "natural flavors" label on a food product). I don't remember hearing from any member of TW whether or not having children will be in the game right from the start of EA, but I'm guessing (or rather hoping) it will be.

Uhhh... Maybe. Your clan though is your family. You can actually start the game with a sibling... You can marry... There's your clan. Having the clan mechanic doesn't necessarily mean that having children will be in there upon EA release. The kicker here is: "may lack some supporting features" ... What exactly is included in those "features" is somewhat open to interpretation (kind of like the "natural flavors" label on a food product). I don't remember hearing from any member of TW whether or not having children will be in the game right from the start of EA, but I'm guessing (or rather hoping) it will be.
Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management.

It shouldn't be open for interpretation and requires further clarification from TW before release.
Wanna buy this ring for 59,99? I won't tell you if it's 9ct, 14ct, 18ct or 24ct until you buy it!

Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management.

It shouldn't be open for interpretation and requires further clarification from TW before release.
Wanna buy this ring for 59,99? I won't tell you if it's 9ct, 14ct, 18ct or 24ct until you buy it!
Fortunately you won't have to buy it to find out, even if the devs say nothing just wait a few days after release and come back to these forums. Anyone not glued to the game will be able to answer these kind of questions for you.

Indeed, and I believe that TW will clarify what exactly will be in the game closer to release... But if they don't... well... then:
Fortunately you won't have to buy it to find out, even if the devs say nothing just wait a few days after release and come back to these forums. Anyone not glued to the game will be able to answer these kind of questions for you.

It's still weird to not properly inform, but I guess that's just how things are today. Everyone are supposed to be reading online reviews since sellers themselves cannot be trusted to guarantee quality. I'll be sure to check the reviews for the game upon launch and make one myself.

It's still weird to not properly inform, but I guess that's just how things are today. Everyone are supposed to be reading online reviews since sellers themselves cannot be trusted to guarantee quality. I'll be sure to check the reviews for the game upon launch and make one myself.
That is usually the best idea. I hate the trend toward companies having people pre-order and having all these review embargoes until actual release. With the advent of youtube I would say never buy a game until you see a youtuber who likes alot of the same games you do give your game a review, or read forums like this. For me I am 100% sure about this game anyway as long as it is even as good as warband it is a win in my book so maybe don't listen to a review from me, but I will definitely answer questions as soon as I know.

You can execute lords and lords can leave a clan (also clan can switch faction so you kill the hostile lord while keep good relations with other member).
But if your children leave your clan to join rebels can you chop off their hand and then reveal that your are their father?

You can execute lords and lords can leave a clan (also clan can switch faction so you kill the hostile lord while keep good relations with other member).
But if your children leave your clan to join rebels can you chop off their hand and then reveal that your are their father?
Only if you are on the high ground.

Back
Top Bottom