Will lords have to pay for safe passage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
We as the players can pay bandits and willing lords for safe passage, a guarantee that neither party will attack each other for a couple of days. This should also apply to AI lords as well. In a field battle where we greatly outnumber but especially in a siege, if an AI lord is stuck in a town with his 80 troops against an unwinnable force of 1000 men, he should ask for a safe passage for a fee. Moreover, if we siege a town (not a castle) which has little to no garrison and low militia count compared to the sieging party, we should be able to negotiate with the defending commander (can be a lord or a no-name rando character) for their surrender with the guarantee that our army will not sack the city (so only show mercy option will be available, or even we get the town and the option for pillaging the settlement won't show up). If we were able to do this even before the siege camp is set up, it would greatly decrease the amount of unnecessary grind in the late game where we have to take back the settlement we lost 5 seconds ago.

I agree. In warband you could negotiate with the commander of the defense and let them go. As there was no sacking/pillaging options this was a done deal.

However I think that, if we negotiate a surrender, we should still be able to sack the town/castle, with a larger honour penalty, as we broke our promise. I also think we should be able to sack towns of the same culture of we wish, with larger penalties of course

I agree with being able to sack same culture towns/castles, I would be fine if not being able to choose to pillage or devastate a town when they surrender just for simplicity's sake.

This is the mod that fills the huge gap in that part of the game:

Surrender Tweaks: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2797

I wonder when will these generous people get sick of TW and stop spending their time to fix this game without any gains. I'm afraid we are gonna lose a lot of good modders like Bloc, Philozoraptor and many others I can't count.
It's great to read about people mentioning my mods. 😌

I haven't gotten sick of TW yet because I want to make BL a truly enjoyable experience.

It's great to read about people mentioning my mods. 😌

I haven't gotten sick of TW yet because I want to make BL a truly enjoyable experience.
Man are you kidding me? I'm a huge fan. You guys are like celebrities to me. I follow the development progress with excitement. I could only enjoy this game with your contributions. Thank you and thanks to the others, I'm having one of my best gaming experiences.

I agree. In warband you could negotiate with the commander of the defense and let them go. As there was no sacking/pillaging options this was a done deal.

Back
Top Bottom