Will FailWorlds ever apologize and explain what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

StewVader

Sergeant
Inappropriate behavior
Honestly, I know its not much - but I think it would go a long way for someone from TWs to apologize and explain what happened.

The game we got is not the game we were promised or expected. This has got to be one of the worst sand box games ever made. The forum is rife with well argued complaints and examples of the lack of depth, lack of immersion, and bizarre nonsensical design decisions. Not to mention the missing features.

To this day, even after trying to understand for 2 years now, I can't understand how they ****ed this up.

What would their apologies be good for when they have got your money in the bank?

If they really want to apologize they should start to add working meaningful features to this empty shell of a "game".

Either they don't think they did anything wrong, and if they did, they would have done so a long time ago if they cared enough.

You should never apologize or explain when accused of doing something wrong.

Thats exactly how all corporations and big buisiness deal with things where they are truly at fault. And that is (at least in behaviour) what TW has become.

They sold three million copies as of a couple of months ago. Lets say the sold some more in the meantime, so there are around 3 010 000 sold copies. Each costs 49.99 euros. Thats around 150 469 900. 150 MILLION euros. If they ever say their resources are stretched thin and that they wont apologise because theyve been working hard, think about these numbers. Now when they get their sweet console money they can work on that space game while we have half baked features and mods that will take years

Did you mean Successworlds?

The game sold well on PC and may sell well on consoles.

The game is quite good (better than many games on the market).

The frustration is not really because the game is bad but because It has the potential to be nearly perfect.

Even after release, they will continue to develop the game and may add DLCS and other stuff.

So be happy. 😗😙

and may sell well on consoles.
I hope that isn't happening. The games is not ready, and they are going to sell it as a finished product. They had 2 years, during this period we had over 9000 refactors and numerous patches, but in the end, the only good things they succeded at are performance and fixed siege ladders/

Policies? Broken.
Voting system? Needs a serious rework.
Internal politics? Non-existant, no plans to add it, from what I can see.
Criminal empires? Cut, no plans to add it. Only thing left from it is that you can beat a gang memebers in the alleys which brings literally nothing.
Sieges? Half-baked, defenders don't know when they should leave the walls and retreat into the city.
Town scenes? Well, 2 years later they've almost finished Empire towns. Imagine how long will it take for them to finish the entire map.
Battle scenes? Large areas on a world map are still using one and the same placeholder scene.
Order system? The community's been asking to be able to order your troops to attack specific enemy formation for at least 1,5 year (the AI can do that!). Well, here we are...
Feasts/Books/other small things we liked the Warband for? - Not up to Bannerlod's standards (yeah, being as plain and shallowas possible is a new standard)

And the list goes on and on. And you're gonna charge full price for THIS?

Also, I'm pretty sure that after the "full release" they're going to perform a few more thousand refactors and the development speed will be slown down, since they have a new one to develop, and Bannerlord will be considered "Finished".

I had faith in this project, shared my ideas and reported a few bugs, but this... From now on I consider my duty is to tell all the potential console players that the game is half-baked piece of EA which tries to look like a finished product, so they could spend their money elsewhere.

Sorry, Taleworlds.

Last edited:
Their process of rationalisation and denial is strong and very impressive.

Of course they won't apologise. That's not their way.

They actually think they've done a good job on the Bannerlord project. Which is quite amazing .... and baffling.

The bar really wasn't that high for this game when you think about it.

Last edited:
“These two years have been a long and challenging road”, said Armagan Yavuz, CEO of TaleWorlds Entertainment, in a statement today. “Developing a massive and complex game such as Bannerlord, for several platforms, and in the middle of a pandemic, is no easy task – and I’m incredibly proud of our team for its relentless, brilliant work. Despite the challenges, it’s also been a rewarding path: we’ve found many synergies that we weren’t initially expecting between consoles and PC, synergies that have made the game grow and be better than it would have been in other circumstances. We’re looking forward to putting the game in the hands of our amazing community, which has been supporting us in consoles since Warband”.

You should never apologize or explain when accused of doing something wrong. 🤡 💊 🤡 💊 🤡 💊 🤡 💊 🤡

Exactly.

Only chumps admit to their failures. If you're a real OG, you just act like it never happened. :xf-cool:

Did you mean Successworlds?

The game sold well on PC and may sell well on consoles.

The game is quite good (better than many games on the market).

The frustration is not really because the game is bad but because It has the potential to be nearly perfect.

Even after release, they will continue to develop the game and may add DLCS and other stuff.

So be happy. 😗😙

You're the very reason we're getting a half-baked, broken, imbalanced, MP crashing game for launch.

What did Taleworld do wrong? I don't see Taleworld do anything wrong, and I knew that they do tried their best to work on game and upgrade lot of often. Yes, they do experiment and explore, to see player's feedback, up and down, change up and down, they tinker game lot to get better game in long terms, even thought it's might cause other player uncomfortable. I don't think they doing anything wrong other than they just doing their job to make better game by experiment and tinker to see if player happy or unhappy, they don't do it for fun cause player unhappy, they doing it to make great game, trying to understand what good and what bad game. So No, they don't need to apologized unless they are abandoned game, then even they abandoned game, what good is apologized is it? I prefer they came back and improve a game like a good game developer like a good boy loyal dog, not coward and traitors abandoned game, unless it's good reason to abandoned game, that is.

The copium some people have here is baffling.
So No, they don't need to apologized unless they are abandoned game, then even they abandoned game, what good is apologized is it? I prefer they came back and improve a game like a good game developer like a good boy loyal dog, not coward and traitors abandoned game, unless it's good reason to abandoned game, that is.
200.gif

What did Taleworld do wrong? I don't see Taleworld do anything wrong, and I knew that they do tried their best to work on game and upgrade lot of often. Yes, they do experiment and explore, to see player's feedback, up and down, change up and down, they tinker game lot to get better game in long terms, even thought it's might cause other player uncomfortable. I don't think they doing anything wrong other than they just doing their job to make better game by experiment and tinker to see if player happy or unhappy, they don't do it for fun cause player unhappy, they doing it to make great game, trying to understand what good and what bad game. So No, they don't need to apologized unless they are abandoned game, then even they abandoned game, what good is apologized is it? I prefer they came back and improve a game like a good game developer like a good boy loyal dog, not coward and traitors abandoned game, unless it's good reason to abandoned game, that is.
What a murderous attempt at passive aggressive here "Why should they apologize -they try best and tinker good!!! >>>>> prefer them to be good boy, loyal DOG..." - ahahahahahahahahah

It took them 2 years to put banners in the game and you can guarantee it will not function any good way, or that if it needs changes, they will not do it if we ask for it. Having hope at this point is blindness. 💀

Even if they apologized and Armagan begged for forgiveness you would still complain :sneaky:
well there's that, I, however, never denied I'm like a professional S tier critical "drinker" :lol:
I always complain if I see stuff that could be better, improved, or that's blatantly bad, and even if TW did the basics of what was suggested during development, the game would still be flawed on many regards. If Armageddon appologized and did nothing about it, I'd also be quite indifferent towards the apologies. I mean, why should I care about their feelings?

Back
Top Bottom