Will customized player banners be enabled in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

I always loved the good old Warband multiplayer shieldwalls in battle mode, as they often featured douzens of different designs and had a nice impact on the immersion of a battle, with "lords and lieges" duking it out side by side. I really miss this in Bannerlord, as factions have no notable customization in their lines, although it would be very likely. I know that the future customization brings armor options, but I want to suggest a further change:

I think the least should be, that players could choose a sub-banner for each faction (via the menu customization screen), so e.g. for your character fighting under Sturgia, you can choose any symbol of your liking (of all available set) so there is a little more diversity on the battlefield.

For newbie players this option could be toggable as to not be confused by all the different heraldry, although honestly I think that's hardly confusing – factions got a very unique features and colors (unless they're matched against their own, which another forum user already made a thread about).

Speaking of singleplayer, I'm more annoyed by that than the banners in multiplayer. Uniform colours for factions is cool and all but the unique banners we saw in the videos promoting the game years ago where each Lord had their own colours and sigils all looked much better than what we have now. Not to mention more true to the previous games.

At the moment it is plausible to think that at least Taleworlds intends to implement it... I assume through the basic SP editor.

In mpcosmetics.xml at the end of the document appear all the sigils, which apparently have a cost=100. It is plausible to think that in the future they will add "more designs" with a higher cost.

Also in native_strings.xml there is this line of code <string id="str_multiplayer_option.AllowIndividualBanners" text="{=tAyw51tM}Allow Individual Banners" />

At the moment it is plausible to think that at least Taleworlds intends to implement it... I assume through the basic SP editor.

In mpcosmetics.xml at the end of the document appear all the sigils, which apparently have a cost=100. It is plausible to think that in the future they will add "more designs" with a higher cost.

Also in native_strings.xml there is this line of code <string id="str_multiplayer_option.AllowIndividualBanners" text="{=tAyw51tM}Allow Individual Banners" />

That's cool info! Thanks for pointing it out. So it might be part of the customizations!

I remember when the devs were showing that one gameplay in that one year, the banners had more color and more patterns, like quartered banners, striped ones etc. I just wonder the same.

Back
Top Bottom