Wildling Balance in e1.5.5

Users who are viewing this thread

On the e1.5.5 branch the Wildling now has the ash throwing spear. This means that the Wildling has the most powerful throwing weapon on top of a stack of javs, decent armor, and 3 lives at full gold. The class can be further improved with the player's choice between an axe or larger shield. This makes the Wildling far and away the best medium infantry class in the game, and there is no reason I can see to ever take oathswon again. While I think overall the changes the rest of the update has is good, epically the removal of crush through from most weapons, I think whoever is in charge of balance needs to take a second look at this. The choice to make Khuzait infantry choose between mace and more armor is also a strange change, as Khuzait infantry is already some of the worst in the game and this change does nothing except make them even worse.

Side Note: Why the hell was the Vlandian crossbow units not nerfed??

Last edited:
The wildling was nice no point changing it to have to throw spears. Many infantry classes were at a good spots with equipment, so far it feels like the devs are tieing themselves around with a perk system. You always have to trade of something, they should either expand it for easier balance.

Back
Top Bottom