Wife not getting pregnant, marriage of clan members, female childrens function

Users who are viewing this thread

rhn

Recruit
Went into a new playthrough after a bit of a break. This time I wanted to do the proper clan dynasty type thing, with death/birth on. But I am running into a bunch of issues with that.

My main issue is the complete lack of children. I married my main male character to a 19-21'ish old Elys. She is now 34 and had a grand total of ZERO children so far. I started with her being set as governor in my main town, where I repeatedly waited whenever I was near. Thinking being governor was bugged I just stationed her in the town for a while, while I still waited whenever I was near. Lastly I have taken her into my party(despite she having 0 fighting skills) and I wait(until the money calculation ticks) in every town/castle I pass when not pressed by battle.
I married off older brother too and repeatedly stationed him in the same town as his wife(they ****ing move around a lot on their own), and that did produce 2 children(one boy).
I have been trying to marry off younger brother as well, but all females in the game are atm 35'ish or 10...
Looking through the various other clans, I see many clans with 5-7 children. Even in some clans that doesn't have any women...
WTF am I doing wrong? Any tricks to ensuring pregnancy more reliably?

Also, what to do with female children? Marrying them off just makes them leave clan for no reward. Any way to set them up with husbands but stay in my clan? Or am I stuck with grooming them for governors and just letting them spend their lives alone in my towns/castles?

Last edited:
Also, what to do with female children? Marrying them off just makes them leave clan for no reward. Any way to set them up with husbands but stay in my clan? Or am I stuck with grooming them for governors and just letting them spend their lives alone in my towns/castles?

A very good question! THere should be options to marry them to companions I think. So you atleast can get offsprings from them and keep some in the clan.

Marrying them off should also give some more benefits, such as a establiching alliances and great friendships(that needs to maintained, from both clans for it to last!)

My main issue is the complete lack of children
Put her in party or as governor and save you game, then wait in towns for 10 days or more, if no pregnancy, re-load the game and do it again. At 34 she has like 7% daily chance of getting pregnant, it's easier when they're younger but oh well. Also you can gather up all you clan couples, back some prosners to recruit in you party too and make the most of waiting to make babies. With your + 2 brother/wives in party the chance o SOMEBODY getting pregnant triples.... kinda you get what I mean. DON'T put clan member in tavern/keep when trying to make babies, in 1.5.9 anyways they still teleport around. sucks

I have been trying to marry off younger brother as well, but all females in the game are atm 35'ish or 10...
Yes this can be an issue I've noticed after about day 900+, I'm trying to re-marry borther (I killed her to get a new one for more clan members) and it's slim pickings for wives, look into Elidlia of Julios Clan, Anea of Leonipardes Clan and..... some girl in Branoc's(Diabhirn?) (batanian.. can't remeber clan) Clan, they were a but younger in the mid 20s. I re-married him to some other Emperial girl Comatasa can't look up her clan because she's in mine now lol. Some of these could be married already in your game, BEWARE if the clan has an older unmarried womanz they will offer them instead and there's nothing you can do about it :sad:

Also, what to do with female children? Marrying them off just makes them leave clan for no reward
Just give them a bow, (or xbow) glaive and armor and stuff and let them be Khan's gaurds, get them perks like the high riding one that give -50% cost for mounted units and the similar ones in bow and xbow and someday make them governors. Let them take turns being you quarter master to get some steward skills. You should have about 1/2 boys who can marry and make the 3rd gen so it shouldn't be a problem. I agree they should let you marry them and stay in the clan though.

Apparently the Devs don't realize screwing your wife once can get her pregnant. Its been about 6 games or so since I've had a wife that gave me children. I've tried having them in my party, having them as governors, having them lead their own parties for a while, having their party in my army. I visit them whenever I'm in the town. I play talbut with them to improve relations. Nothing seems to work. I'll admit a couple of them have been fairly old, but its hard to find a wife anyways since there's no courting mechanism, so I take whoever I can get. I've also had a couple in their teens. Since there is almost never a period without war, and its brief when there is, I can't sit around in town waiting for them to decide to have a child (or not). Meanwhile my empire (Southern Empire) is getting harder to defend as the clans slowly die off. I don't have time to go courting other lords since, again, there is almost never a break from war.

Back
Top Bottom