Wierd error:

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben Hussey

Sergeant Knight
I keep getting a strange error whe nI try to put models in game, it has only happened with uniforms so far, both with the ones I made for nethros and one of the ones Dain made for me, what happens is when you start M&B with your model all properly put into the game, brfedit etcit will come up with the rgl error: error cannot find texture [texture name]_0.dds (the square brackets being whatever the texture of the item is, e.g continental_soldier.dds)
Anyone know what's causing this?
Cheers,
Ben.

I just read in the forums that it seems to be cause the models are from 0.75X. To fix it, you'd have to re-import the models into a new BRF and all that. I'll link you to the topic.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.msg399851.html#msg399851

You only need to update the textures, not meshes or materials.  You can just clone a texture from 0.808 a bunch of times and change the names to match your own textures, then it should work fine.

In BRFEdit, not the image. In the textures list in BRFEdit, delete your current and import for example costumes5 from CommonRes/textures.brf. Then clone it and replace costumes5.dds with your own dds-filenames

I had that problem too, as soon as .800 . like people are saying, you have to delete the texture brfs(only in the brf, don't delete the .dds files) and create new ones. that will fix it.

Weird. I did it but it still doesnt work. I get the same error, but this time with a different texture, which I haven't even used yet.

Edit: Nevermind, It's like that cause the texture didn't exist but still was in the BRF.

Edit 2: Thank you thank you and thank you again! I was up half of the night trying to fix this problem.

Edit 3: Now I get a error that says "Unable to find mesh continental_infantry" I know the spelling is right and all of that.

Nethros said:
Edit 3: Now I get a error that says "Unable to find mesh continental_infantry" I know the spelling is right and all of that.

check it again, there is some discrepancy between the name of the mesh in brf, and the name of the mesh in module_items.py, otherwise it would be working...  :wink:

I know. It's the _ lines. I have it written like that. In BRFEdit it's "continental infantry" but in python I'm to write "continental_infantry" Right?

Edit: I fixed it by removing the spaces from the BRF.

Jolly good, forgot about the texture bug with the new version, so they're all working for you now nethros?

Back
Top Bottom