why we don't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Why don't we do? Why we do, of course, die in battle. The real question is, why you don't? Don't you want to know? Or don't we do why? Why don't we don't the we? Or perhaps this is all rhetoric.

Player can die in battle if you have death enabled.

why we don't die in the battle like AI its will be a fun feature to have
"why we don't" is not a descriptive thread title and can be construed as bait or illiteracy or illiterate bait.

Here are good thread titles for you to know what is the expected standard - the other forum users need to know what the thread is about before they click on it:
"Why the player can't die in battle?"
"Please add player death"
"I want to die and the game won't let me"

Moreover,
Player can die in battle if you have death enabled.

It's just that the chances of death are low. 2% for each character if I remember correctly.
The player character can never die in battle. Here is a snippet from the method "GetSurvivalChance" inside DefaultPartyHealingModel.cs:
Code:
      if (damageType == DamageTypes.Blunt || character.IsPlayerCharacter || character.IsHero && !character.HeroObject.CanDie())
        return 1f;
For those who do not understand C#:
If the character has been downed with bunt damage, then the survival chance is 100%.
Or if the character is the player character, then the survival chance is 100%.
Or if the character is a hero (companions, lords etc) and does not have the CanDie flag, then the survival chance is 100%.

The player character can never die in battle. Here is a snippet from the method "GetSurvivalChance" inside DefaultPartyHealingModel.cs:
Code:
      if (damageType == DamageTypes.Blunt || character.IsPlayerCharacter || character.IsHero && !character.HeroObject.CanDie())
        return 1f;
For those who do not understand C#:
If the character has been downed with bunt damage, then the survival chance is 100%.
Or if the character is the player character, then the survival chance is 100%.
Or if the character is a hero (companions, lords etc) and does not have the CanDie flag, then the survival chance is 100%.
So potentially could we just change that snippet of code to allow the player to die just like everyone else? wonder if there is more to it blocking player death.

Would be really cool to be able to die in battle just like anyone else if you have death enabled, i'm playing ironman and already had to retreat from a few battles to not have a total loss when caught off guard, if i could even die in battle i would be much more careful instead of suicide charging everywhere lol

I am almost entirely sure that the player could die in battles in previous updates. Did they remove this feature? Or am I living in an alternate universe again?

Why did they remove that feature?

I am almost entirely sure that the player could die in battles in previous updates. Did they remove this feature? Or am I living in an alternate universe again?

Why did they remove that feature?
they didn't remove, it was never there, you can only die of old age or by being executed in a very low chance if captured by a lord that hates your guts.

You cannot die in battle, however, you can be executed after they take you as a prisoner
If
- Person who takes you as a prisoner hates you, your relationship is less than -30
- And your random value returned at that second is less than 0.02 which is a somewhat very low chance
C#:
 if (prisoner != Hero.MainHero || capturer.LeaderHero == null || ((double) capturer.LeaderHero.GetRelation(prisoner) >= -30.0 || (double) MBRandom.RandomFloat > 0.0199999995529652))
        return;
this._isMainHeroExecuted = true;
this._mainHeroExecuter = capturer.LeaderHero;
In theory, they can at least tie this chance of execution to capture hero's perks so that people can feel more threat from "daring" or "merciless" lords.

Roll a D20 whenever you're knocked out in a battle. If it's 1 you died, delete your save and start over.

Unless you're talking about that whole play as your heir stuff I don't bother with.

Back
Top Bottom