SP - UI Why was Old Troop Assignment System removed?

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel the new system is better for mid to late. Currently a multi front war against all empire factions. Means 1000vs1000 battles all the time and attrition rates are high and bodies need to plug holes. And that is how big wars in end game mostly run. So that all imo makes sense with a few tweaks and is much preferable to the old system.

What imo would be nice is a visual connection between the formations in the deployment screen and the party screen. If I could see which formations are currently filled by what unit types and what numbers I could make educated decisions on what I need to bolster so I am not surprised that my archer line is suddenly only a couple of guys because their former buddies stopped a cataphract charge with their faces.

To me the bigger issue is that the party screen becomes a confused list of bodies with no visualization where they would roughly go (I obviously know where my elite goes, but all the reinforcements will be all over the shop in the party screen without mods). Some grouping and representation where which troops would go by my default deployment would help in that.

IF the design gets approved, the process would be,
  • Create a new formation
  • Set its slider to 0(there needs to be another formation of the same type)
  • Assign all unassigned(non-captain) heroes to that formation
Now you have an only-hero formation.
Can we get confirmation if this has been approved/implemented yet? Not being able to have bodyguards as a king/queen or emperor is a huge thing for me, It's really making me not want to play as I haven't done so for over a year now since the new formation implementation. I still dont believe a mod caters for this either, there was one which got released last year but didn't work. Thanks! Can we pls have confirmation? I have thousands of hours in the three main M&B games and intend to put a ton more in bannerlord but just can't enjoy it without this feature.. pls!!! I've been following this for the past year with little progress at all? It's such a huge yet perhaps simple issue/work around for the M&B single player community.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom