Why two english factions?

Users who are viewing this thread

NordMann 2 said:
Let me see if I got this right; There are two english factions? English army and English kingdom?
Umm, I think that it doesn't have to be two factions, when the English army belongs to the English kingdom.

Kingdom of England being the faction lead by royalty, and the English army being lead by barons, it was done in the 1297 mod for practicalness but it'll make more sense for the next version if you read a few posts above.

-Peter- said:
NordMann 2 said:
Let me see if I got this right; There are two english factions? English army and English kingdom?
Umm, I think that it doesn't have to be two factions, when the English army belongs to the English kingdom.

Kingdom of England being the faction lead by royalty, and the English army being lead by barons, it was done in the 1297 mod for practicalness but it'll make more sense for the next version if you read a few posts above.

Thanks, but i still think that army's belong to kingdoms, seeing that barons are some kind of minor royalty. Am I right?

not in England, in the 13th Century.  The larger part of the aristocracy were strongly opposed to any increase in the powers of royalty, and often opposed the King's ideas to the point of frustrating them.  Maybe the highest nobles, the Earls, could be relied on as a rule, but even then, some of them had enough royal blood to be potential claimants to an empty throne, so they would be happy to join a successful rebellion should one arise.

Have you actually tried just setting a faction relationship for the 2 English factions?

I'm pretty sure Scotland was fighting agenst Ireland in 1276. Mainly for Wealth and Power. The usual Non-sence.

Tundar The Great said:
I'm pretty sure Scotland was fighting agenst Ireland in 1276. Mainly for Wealth and Power. The usual Non-sence.

you might want to check that.
"Ireland" was a geographical concept, not a political one.  People who lived in Ireland fought for both English and Scottish armies in this time period

hmmm...you should just kinda through the entire 13th century together in Britannia...excluding the Norwegians unless you make a 6th faction, and have Llywellyn the Great as king of Wales, Longshanks as King of England, and some guy the leader of the Baron's alliance and so forth...doesn't have to be god damn historically accurate, just put units and lords that were around during the 13th century in Britannia and have them have one giant gentleman's challenge 

Theralina, the only part of that post that was comprehensible was your statement that 'it doesn't have to be god damn historically accurate'
Can you try and re-word it so that people who speak English (the common language on this forum) can understand?

Thank you.

...ok ill make my post easier to understand, in my opinion i say it should just be Britannia during the 13th century, in other words have Norwegians and popular people during that time even if they weren't alive during 1257

So, you want to have an 'alternative history' setting, with a Norwegian presence, and by 'popular' people I am guessing you mean Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, and the like?
apart from which you would just have the island called Britannia?

Or was there something more.....?

Back
Top Bottom