Why though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Why does TDM kick everyone out of the server when it's done still? It's almost been a year now.

Why does singleplayer combat feel so much faster than multiplayer combat? Is the setting in MP set to "underwater?" (Not talking about responsiveness, I'm simply talking about speed) This makes anything bigger than a 1v2 literally impossible.

Why is chambering still a mess?

Why is there STILL a second wind-up after an initial wind-up like pointed out in multiple threads?

Why haven't we been given server files to make our own servers?

Why is it taking so long to make a battle mode when you guys have already done it 10 years ago? (Same can apply for a duel mode)

Are these legitimate questions or am I just whining at this point?

Last edited:
Why does TDM kick everyone out of the server when it's done still? It's almost been a year now.

Why does singleplayer combat feel so much faster than multiplayer combat? Is the setting in MP set to "underwater?" (Not talking about responsiveness, I'm simply talking about speed) This makes anything bigger than a 1v2 literally impossible.

Why is chambering still a mess?

Why is there STILL a second wind-up after an initial wind-up like pointed out in multiple threads?

Why haven't we been given server files to make our own servers?

Why is it taking so long to make a battle mode when you guys have already done it 10 years ago? (Same can apply for a duel mode)

Are these legitimate questions or am I just whining at this point?

Speculation, obviously:

TDM: Because something in the engine makes changes to modes very difficult. They were trying to introduce an actual Duel mode some time ago, but it fell through. If it were easy to do, they would have done it by now.

SP vs MP: 0 ping and no ping-correction-delay would be my guess. Ping-correction might be necessary for as low as 70 ping, so maybe it's a necessary evil.

Chambering: Complex and not an easy fix.

Wind ups: Maybe intended. Maybe difficult to fix.

Server files: 1) Updates may break custom servers and kill the playerbase 2) That's what they said from the start 3) They want to make a balanced and polished game for full release and custom servers would slow this down with hundreds of variations to the base combat system. Of course, I'd be happy to let BEAST run their own servers and narrow in on game mode and combat parameters, and then TW copy it for official high-quality servers with full ranked support and balanced MM, but that won't happen.

Battle mode: Because it doesn't work well with asymmetric classes, and adds another thing that the already stretched class system needs to account for in terms of balance. At least they're working on it now.

Communication, updates, and dev focus has been better and better -- at least from my perspective -- so I hope that trend continues. This is a long haul of an EA for an ambitious game with a smaller team, and it's going to take a while, especially from our perspective as development priority often goes against player priority.

Back
Top Bottom