Why there is no Eastern Faction in Napoleonic Wars?

Users who are viewing this thread

I still wonder they added a new Faction "Rheinbund" !

Well that´s great but where is the difference between Prussia - Austria - Rheinbund? Those are Germans and we have enough of them in the Game.

Can we also get some possible addition like Ottoman Empire or even another European one like Spain?

Yeah, I know.

I was saying that too, why no Ottoman Empire? I don't mind Rheinbund, but they kind of are just a cheesy re-skin. Seriously though, imagine Mameluke calvary charming in on the Austrian ranks. Or, janissary swordsman, men or refuse to fight with guns, hopelessly getting cut down by Prussian Jeagars. Whoa, maybe even Barbary Pirates!

I think that this game might not get any attention any time soon, but I could see Italy, Spain, or Ottoman Empire getting added. For now I feel we just have to look forward to Bannerlord.  :???: 

ever considered it's because the ottoman empire had nothing to do with the Napoleonic wars? their only role was during Napoleon's Egyptian and Syrian campaigns, when Napoleon was only a general, so it's a massive stretch to say they deserve a place in the game.
perhaps pick up a history book. "napoleon the great" by Andrew Roberts is a good place to start.

Spain fought against Napoleon through guerrilla warfare. If there was a Spanish military, it too only played a very minor role, with the majority of Spanish resistance to the French Empire coming in the form of guerrilla warfare. Again, absolutely no need for a Spanish faction because the bulk of it would just be partisans.

Yeah, I think it also has to do with balancing vs. strictly historical interpretation. Melonbuster has an awesome idea for the Ottomans, but imagine being one of those Janissaries charging towards a line with only a sword and basically no chance. However, that would be real cool for an "invasion" type of gameplay, players are the Prussians/Austrians/etc., while wave after wave of slowly increasing difficulty mobs gets sent at your line. Every couple of rounds, your line gets shorter and shorter until there's 75 Mamelukes riding around the map while you and the two other survivors stand back to back trying to keep them at bay.

But in a sense of fairplay, you couldn't really put two same size but drastically differently armed groups against each other and expect the community to say "This is fun, one side always loses!"

Genel said:
I still wonder they added a new Faction "Rheinbund" !

Well that´s great but where is the difference between Prussia - Austria - Rheinbund? Those are Germans and we have enough of them in the Game.

Can we also get some possible addition like Ottoman Empire or even another European one like Spain?

Austria is not German, only a small portion of it was german, the rest was made up of czech, hungarian, croatian,italian, etc. pretty much bounded together to defend against the turks or territories gained from liberating them from the turks

Prince Florian said:
ever considered it's because the ottoman empire had nothing to do with the Napoleonic wars? their only role was during Napoleon's Egyptian and Syrian campaigns, when Napoleon was only a general, so it's a massive stretch to say they deserve a place in the game.
perhaps pick up a history book. "napoleon the great" by Andrew Roberts is a good place to start.

Spain fought against Napoleon through guerrilla warfare. If there was a Spanish military, it too only played a very minor role, with the majority of Spanish resistance to the French Empire coming in the form of guerrilla warfare. Again, absolutely no need for a Spanish faction because the bulk of it would just be partisans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Turkish_War_(1807%E2%80%9309)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Turkish_War_(1806%E2%80%931812)

"part of napoleonic wars" :thinking: , most of times its just easier to ask google

turkey would be great to add more unit variety

Roccoflipside said:
Yeah, I think it also has to do with balancing vs. strictly historical interpretation. Melonbuster has an awesome idea for the Ottomans, but imagine being one of those Janissaries charging towards a line with only a sword and basically no chance. However, that would be real cool for an "invasion" type of gameplay, players are the Prussians/Austrians/etc., while wave after wave of slowly increasing difficulty mobs gets sent at your line. Every couple of rounds, your line gets shorter and shorter until there's 75 Mamelukes riding around the map while you and the two other survivors stand back to back trying to keep them at bay.

But in a sense of fairplay, you couldn't really put two same size but drastically differently armed groups against each other and expect the community to say "This is fun, one side always loses!"

they used mostly guns and curved sabers, they were kinda one of the firsts to use firearms

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nizam-i_Djedid_Army

newflora3.png
newflora2.png

well there are desert maps and pyramids ingame aswell so cant rly say the egyptian expedition is not included

Back
Top Bottom