Why should I try this mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

There is the Fierdvain, which are Vikings with a few generations into civilizing into them, with the bandit spawn Vanskerries as more true to their routes, and the Fierds were once Vanskerries.

It is much more challenging than native, has a number of features that vastly improves the game, including minor factions (like bandits, deserters, mercenaries, even foreign armies) which you have a relationship value with, like the main factions. There are also knighthood orders that you can befriend and join, or even create your own, which starts off rather weak, but can be become very powerful with a ton of time and money invested in it. Also has new quests, victory conditions, and achievements that can grant a bonus, or a few with penalties.

You should play it because it is the best thing since sliced bread :smile:

Basically it takes native to another level and it is not really a mod but a whole new game. The main features are:

- New map
- 5 new factions, the player can also "resurrect" the Pendor faction when creating his Kingdom
- Unique Spawns, tough armies and heros
- Runed Weapons
- Powerful Knighthood Orders, ability to create your own Order
- New quests
- Awesome music
- and many more

Give it a try you will not regret it :razz:

Check the wiki also for more information.

Units are much more balanced than in native. Here you can actually beat heavy cavalry with mid-tier pike and crossbow units, deal with archers using light/medium cav and so on.

Also, the lore is quite deep and amazing, with numerous rumours to be heard when talking to travellers and errant knights in taverns.

because this game mod is better than any other mod created to this date, it rivals with the third age total war mod, but i would still give this one a higher heads up because it is such a masterpiece in itself. you can play it for years and not get bored... also the modability once you have enough knowledge lets you create your own world in an already complete world :wink:

He implemented a few LotR armours and a Gondorian troop tree - nothing which requires the source code but can be done with Morgh´s or a similiar editor.

Oh, that sort of modability. Meh. I would rather prefer to mod PoP only if am given the chance to improve the Order system.

That's a strange topic.
Does the author want everybody to start persuading him/her to try PoP? To start begging "Oh, please, try it, you're not gonna regret!"?

The mod description is more than enough to learn about what makes PoP special while this topic actually sounds offensive to the devs. It's not a commercial project, after all.

//
IMO.

Leonion said:
That's a strange topic.
Does the author want everybody to start persuading him/her to try PoP? To start begging "Oh, please, try it, you're not gonna regret!"?

The mod description is more than enough to learn about what makes PoP special while this topic actually sounds offensive to the devs. It's not a commercial project, after all.

//
IMO.

I think I'm going to try it, sounds quite fun.
There is a difference between what devs say and the public most of the time so its usually better to ask people instead of reading a FAQ/description.

Crille said:
There is a difference between what devs say and the public most of the time so its usually better to ask people instead of reading a FAQ/description.

True Statement.  I lost count of the games I have purchased/downloaded that the marketing leads me to think one thing and I find out afterwards that it is quite different.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback and endorsements for Crille.

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

noosers said:
He implemented a few LotR armours and a Gondorian troop tree - nothing which requires the source code but can be done with Morgh´s or a similiar editor.

youre wrong, what you mention is halfway wrong.... yes I implemented Lotr armours+weapons, changed the Noldor to Lotr Noldor, made LotR armours available for CMKOH, nerfed Horses, improved the whole Numenor playablity by making dragon tears be able to looted in raids on occasion, etc. etc.

My game can be considered an upgrade, If I could implement a script that lets you customize the Lords to wear the stuff you want them to, well then i would be quite a happy man, and no i dont want to restock the lords equipment with morghs, i want to implement a feature to make them behave like lord companions...

Btw I didnt add nor did I implement any troop trees, that would be silly seeing as their autoresolve value would be 0 and they would loose in auto resolves, I used mainly CMKOH order troops and equipment available, changed meshes, renamed them when possible etc also all my changed were savegame compatible till now :wink:

Looks like you already decided to give it a go, but I'll add my 2 cents for anyone in the future with the same question. That is, after all, the reason forums exist! To ask and answer questions.

I always loved M&B. The game blew me away when it came out, but it was so easy. Even with the difficulty all the way up you could cakewalk it. This mod gave me FITS! Just when I got mad enough, they gave me an achievement for failing! It made me lol (nice dress!).

I've been playing this every day for the last 2 weeks and I can't wait to get home from work. I'm on day 900 something on my first attempt and I feel like I'm only in mid-game. I never played native that long, ever, and I often come back to M&B as a fallback game.

About the only disappointing thing I've encountered is how I squandered my freebie qualis gems early on, on stats. Now I can't start my Knight Order until I find another one. I see Boris the Raven on the list of armies, and man I scour Pendor for him, for 2 months and doing Noldor tournies as well, only to see someone killed him. I feel like I can't take on the bigger guys until i start my knight order, etc. So I'm in a slump, but I'm trying hard to get out of it. So it's more of a game intrigue than a disappointment really. I'm gonna try to kite K'juda into some Noldor or something lol.

I've literally been gaming since Pong and I know good games. This mod is out-freakin-standing. I could go on about the features, but it's better to let those features slap you in the face when you play it.

Temur said:
About the only disappointing thing I've encountered is how I squandered my freebie qualis gems early on, on stats. Now I can't start my Knight Order until I find another one. I see Boris the Raven on the list of armies, and man I scour Pendor for him, for 2 months and doing Noldor tournies as well, only to see someone killed him. I feel like I can't take on the bigger guys until i start my knight order, etc. So I'm in a slump, but I'm trying hard to get out of it. So it's more of a game intrigue than a disappointment really. I'm gonna try to kite K'juda into some Noldor or something lol.

Try to rumour spam (taverns, patrols, lords, etc), qualis gems is all about being at the right place at the right time or abusing the AI.

In a recent game i started i kited Maltise to a Noldor Lord and got my 3rd gem but decided to release her for her armor secrets (wanted to try the Maltise Asp Armor for the CKO i will make later on).

After that i haven't been able to get another one (Alaric and another one escaped in battles), but eventually more oppurtunities will arise.

Tell that the Jatu and Heretic Armies poppling like mad in my current game (~1500 days).
Still, nothing more fun than watching the despicable Demonic Magni beeing knocked down by a Horde of Ebony Hammerers.
And 50 Knights of the Lion worked wonders against Jatu.  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom