Why people suck at siege

Users who are viewing this thread

matmannen said:
Dion/Folcwar said:
The only one that should be granted the privlage of camping, are the woman, the weak, the disabled, the children and the artilery.)
The rest should either get his musket and charge at the gate, or walk around and clinb the wall, or go trough on a destroyed part.

(I am talking about the attackers only)

You know your random feminist would probibly find this very sexist?
why? :razz:

I play in 84e siege a lot and most of the time I play as attacker. The screenshot below shows what could happen when you were working with a good team. Same map, same number of people. This happened on April 4th, 2013.
7C65C3E14A92AC53111D33A8016196502D91D835
As shown by the K/D, I played as an arty using howitzer during all three rounds. But when the number of living defenders went low, I switched to inf and charged.
There are always bad teams and good teams. Hope you don't feel too frustrated when you have to type "charge" to tell your teammates what the better way is.

I think it is the feeling of 'someone else will do it' so they can sit back at potshot and get what they probably care most about: the kills. When someone can see that there are for example about 100 guys on a server he thinks to himself what can one man do against 50 and sits back all the while telling himself don't charge you might as well stay here your only gonna die if you go to the walls you are more use to the team if you get a kill (although we know that is false) while standing back. In a smaller server you might see people charging on there own more often because they can see that they might be able to make a difference. I think it depends on the size of the server as to what peoples attitudes to attacking are.

Rowaan said:
I think it is the feeling of 'someone else will do it' so they can sit back at potshot and get what they probably care most about: the kills. When someone can see that there are for example about 100 guys on a server he thinks to himself what can one man do against 50 and sits back all the while telling himself don't charge you might as well stay here your only gonna die if you go to the walls you are more use to the team if you get a kill (although we know that is false) while standing back. In a smaller server you might see people charging on there own more often because they can see that they might be able to make a difference. I think it depends on the size of the server as to what peoples attitudes to attacking are.
I don't think they really care about the kills since most people sitting at the back hardly get a single kill. They just don't want to get shot or stabbed.

I thought of a mistake people often make when defending yesterday- leaving doors open. I am sure we've all been there; reloading, thinking about who you are going to aim for next, or loading a cannon, and then suddenly you are stabbed or slashed in the back, and before you can switch to melee or turn around you are dead. Why? Because the doors of buildings are often left open (or even destroyed by defenders) and a single attacker who manages to sneak into the fort can run amok, killing and wounding loads of unwitting victims. I have been on both sides of the situation (mainly I play as attacker) and love it when I am attacking.

Keeping doors shut gives the defenders at the very least advanced warning of an attack (sound of door being damaged), and if it is only one attacker he will probably be killed by your allies at the wall before he can get into the building.

Also like James Stewart I am going to assume you are talking about 84e siege, people suck and it because the maps are ****, it is really as simple as that.

It would also help if people attacked in waves, instead of one by one. But of course, this is not easy to manage when playing outside of regiment.

It sucks, I like to play arty when I'm not being kicked around and TK'ed, and I try to focus on one spot to breach. I think attackers should be given cavalry too, or maybe just Dragoons because they had it in real life.

You can expect people to be stupid in a public game, if you have an organised siege it is a lot more fun, common sense like waiting for arty to make a breach abounds.

As dumb as it sounds there's a bit of novelty to hiding behind a barricade or mound and taking pot shots at the other team. Novelty wears off eventually sure but I think people should just play how they want, and if that's taking their time and wasting 26 of 30 cartridges then so be it. Personally I like everyone sticking to their sides until one group has enough people that they just charge altogether without saying a word to each other.

But that's just me.

The main reason I always go attacker is to avoid the waiting times

Agree with a lot of points made in this thread, 98% of the attackers don't care about the objective, waiting till a minor amount actually charges up. It really takes away a lot of fun in the game :/

You really gotta have a clan or some officer up-blocking until you well up a good amount of suicidal semi-trolls to banzai charge.

Back
Top Bottom