why manual block stun still there?

Users who are viewing this thread

greedogre

Veteran
after serval month break, and found today it's still there? why, what purpose does it serve instead of breaking combat flow? does dev atually play their game???

what is the manual block stun? are you referring to a randomly occurring mechanic where after you block you sometimes cannot immediately attack faster than the enemy can attack? I recall this sometimes happening to me in multiplayer but I'm not sure.

I think this needs some clarification. There is no deliberate "Block Delay" in either Bannerlord or Warband. As soon as the game receives your block input, your character changes their state to "blocking" and starts the block animation. However, in both games, animation must have progressed to a certain point for an incoming attack to be successfully blocked. The way this works in Bannerlord is quite similar to the way it works in Warband, and the only significant difference is that in Bannerlord animation duration depends on the distance between your hand's original position and the target hand position in the block animation. As a result, block animation may be faster or slower than in Warband.

@Neyzen Tevfik

I think the OP is referring to this:

"I actually messaged NIN3 yesterday with almost this exact issue word for word, and he explained that all weapon produce a stun based on their weight vs the weight of your weapon. It's nothing specific for 2 handers, but I guess naturally the weight difference is much more pronounced. This is negated completely if you pull off an active block and it is always less if you're using a shield.

Anyway I agree completely that it just feels like you've lagged when it happens, and NIN3 said they will look at having some clearer audio cues. I think that needs to happen for most combat mechanics such as active blocks and what-not, it's pretty impossible to tell when they've happened especially in the heat of battle.

Two handed don't need any more advantage than they already have, and this sort of adds onto the pile of why heavy infantry is so weak at the moment."

Here is the gameplay feature in action:

I was attempting to attack after all of those blocks.

@Neyzen Tevfik

I think the OP is referring to this:

"I actually messaged NIN3 yesterday with almost this exact issue word for word, and he explained that all weapon produce a stun based on their weight vs the weight of your weapon. It's nothing specific for 2 handers, but I guess naturally the weight difference is much more pronounced. This is negated completely if you pull off an active block and it is always less if you're using a shield.

Anyway I agree completely that it just feels like you've lagged when it happens, and NIN3 said they will look at having some clearer audio cues. I think that needs to happen for most combat mechanics such as active blocks and what-not, it's pretty impossible to tell when they've happened especially in the heat of battle.

Two handed don't need any more advantage than they already have, and this sort of adds onto the pile of why heavy infantry is so weak at the moment."

Here is the gameplay feature in action:

I was attempting to attack after all of those blocks.

The thing is, it could be anything. That weight mechanic was there even in warband. But if i remember correctly, you were staying in that blocking position when weight mechanic happens like if you blocked left you stay at left block untill that delay passes (like after 0:39 when the weight debuff ended, i assume neider you can block or attack for a half sec or so. That is maybe not because of weight mechanic maybe because of server lag (since this is a new video and servers are pretty **** atm, and what happens to you after 0:39 also happens to me against 1handers too that should not have weight mechanic on them. And it feels like i am having a packet loss or my ping is going up crazy) But there is also the possibility that. They re introduced **** that named Realistic Blocking that not works properly. Since we can not see the server options like we could in warband, so there is no way we can spot the problem before they release custom servers. Because it could be caused by that **** server provider. This is the only game that i know you need ****ing vpn to get stable ping, or not get kicked in main menu etc.

Neue-Bitmap-6.png

after all

unknown.png

please release custom servers or give us the ability the host servers in game, this is not a Developer tool ffs.

Last edited:
I think the stun based on weight is actually a really good idea - I think it'll be perfect once they sort out the fact that 2 handers are hilariously over fast and can beat one handers to the punch as well as causing stuns whilst dueling

Back
Top Bottom