Why isn't anyone porting mods for 1.4.2 beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Any modders here?

It's been quite a while since the 1.4.2 was released and usually mods are getting a version for beta, but what has happened with the 1.4.2? Why isn't anyone porting mods for it?
For example, all Cheyron's mods, Assassinate mod - all these mods had a version for 1.4.1 when it was in beta, but now they don't have a beta option, and these mods make the game A LOT more enjoyable. There are also many mods which has never been ported to 1.4.2 and I wonder why.

Please, modders, if you're reading this topic - do not forget about us, the beta users! We really appreciate your work and we also would like to enjoy your creations!

I think a lot of modders are waiting on the new patch, as TW announced they would be doing a lot of recoding. So why waste time if 1.4.3 (or 1.5) changes a lot of mechanics and codes?

I think a lot of modders are waiting on the new patch, as TW announced they would be doing a lot of recoding. So why waste time if 1.4.3 (or 1.5) changes a lot of mechanics and codes?
Devs kept doing hotfixes on the beta of 2 lines of code, that broke all the mods.
What's the point.
But, the process of recoding isn't the quickest one, it may take a lot of time (especially when we talk about TW) and it can go through lots of updates, so following this logic, there's no point in making mods for the newest versions until the whole recoding is completed. This may result in full stagnation, since the only working mod version will be 1.4.1.

Any modders here?

It's been quite a while since the 1.4.2 was released and usually mods are getting a version for beta, but what has happened with the 1.4.2? Why isn't anyone porting mods for it?
For example, all Cheyron's mods, Assassinate mod - all these mods had a version for 1.4.1 when it was in beta, but now they don't have a beta option, and these mods make the game A LOT more enjoyable. There are also many mods which has never been ported to 1.4.2 and I wonder why.

Please, modders, if you're reading this topic - do not forget about us, the beta users! We really appreciate your work and we also would like to enjoy your creations!
Plenty of mods have beta 1.4.2 support. Bannerlord Tweaks, Diplomacy, Grow Up and Work, Seperatism, Party AI just to name a few.

Probably just busy with RL stuff or waiting for the tools to be released, however a lot are still being updated.

I'm running 20+ mods currently in my 1.4.2 campaign.

Some 90% of the people that bought EA are no longer playing the game. This includes a fair number of modders. I expect some of these players and modders to come back if the game ever reaches a playable state.

(The 90% figure is from steam stats and I believe it to be accurate.)

I would say it would be nice if modders just kinda agreed to not make versions of their mods for the beta branches. It goes completely against the very purpose of the beta branch. Making mods for the stable branch is perfectly fine, because that's the version that people bought to enjoy. Sure, it's EA, but it's also a product they paid for, so entertainment is something they should get in return. But the beta branch is not to be enjoyed, it's solely for testing.

what is the point of getting into the beta branch if you're going to fill it with mods? I mean I understand you want to play with mods but thats what the stable version is for
Some 90% of the people that bought EA are no longer playing the game. This includes a fair number of modders. I expect some of these players and modders to come back if the game ever reaches a playable state.

Citation needed

There isn't really a point in modding a game that is in constant development, that was clear from day one. We don't even know when the next hotfix or patches come. Could be right after the mods have been adapted to the last version.

Probably just busy with RL stuff or waiting for the tools to be released, however a lot are still being updated.

I'm running 20+ mods currently in my 1.4.2 campaign.
Same, 25 mods here

For modders who want a safe and stable save, here's my advice, lock in beta 1.4.1 install mods for beta 1.4.1, play to your heart's content then upgrade to the next NON-current beta branch to mod up.

2 reasons:
1. If you're in the main branch, you're forced to update with new versions.
2. If you're on the most current beta branch, there is the risk of a hotpatch forcing an update.

As a mod developer I have started and developed my mod for 1.4.2. There are some large changes between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 so "going back" is not really an option. Usually a modder should use the beta to develop a new version of the mod so when the beta goes live the mod would be instantly ready for the live version.

Also note 2 things: 1) the 1.4.3 version is delayed for 2-3 weeks now, thus many are just waiting for it and 2) 1.4.3 will be contain refactoring of codes so many mods will have to be re-written (how many and how much is to be seen).

Basically the MP part of the players yes, but that was to be expected from day 1.

Any modders here?

Well here is what 'Cheyron' has to say about it lol:
" modding this game is just work, this isn't even a game anymore just work, haven't played in over a week, bannerlord became a job and im sick of it... i should never have uploaded any mods, uploading mods is not for me... i want to be nice and share but people ask way too much... i dont do patreon, i dont make money off this, it was supposed to be fun but nah not anymore im not making a guide on how to compile c# source code... cmon! I won't do it because I know for a fact the information is easily available. Any issue you run into I know you can find the answer on google in 5 minutes so no. " https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/365?tab=posts

If TW doesn´t deliver, their customers demands it from the modders. It´s sad but that´s the reality right now. Because the community knows the modders are able to fix or improve a lot of stuff TW doesn´t seem to care about.

Don´t get me wrong, nobody should ever demand anything from a modder, but that´s the reality right now. Also see that a lot of comments in this forum are like:

"No worries, modders will fix it."

They don´t see the difference between a company which earns money for selling the game or a single guy doing this in his spare time for free.

As I said, sad but reality. They want to have fun with this game and it´s near impossible to have fun with vanilla after the first 5 hours.

Well here is what 'Cheyron' has to say about it lol:
" modding this game is just work, this isn't even a game anymore just work, haven't played in over a week, bannerlord became a job and im sick of it... i should never have uploaded any mods, uploading mods is not for me... i want to be nice and share but people ask way too much... i dont do patreon, i dont make money off this, it was supposed to be fun but nah not anymore im not making a guide on how to compile c# source code... cmon! I won't do it because I know for a fact the information is easily available. Any issue you run into I know you can find the answer on google in 5 minutes so no. " https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/365?tab=posts
That's a real shame, I really enjoyed his mods on 1.4.1 :sad:

Back
Top Bottom