Why is wine not a consumable food item?

Users who are viewing this thread

It would help with town food supplies, it would help with morale, it would make sense. If it is because trading it would be difficult, then maybe a way to filter what your troops are allowed to eat would be great. Like if you lock a food item, they wouldn't consume it.
Oil could be considered food too for that matter.

If none of the above are options, a way to make towns consider these items as food items would be a nice middle-ground.

Having a winery now and an oil press, actually hurts your town food supply since these workshop consume food and produce none :grin:
Another issue is the emersion factor, i am seeing wine and oil go for as low as 21 --> 40 while beer is averaging 35 to 51 (in Vlandia). Wine and oil are supposed to be luxury items, this does not feel right.

Workshop options are limited now and the player has less choices.
Garrison upgrades and perks are virtually useless since you can never put enough troops to defend your towns without starvation.

Please consider this, thanks!

Last edited:
they made the change a few versions ago, (1.6. i believe) removing Wine and Oil from the food types. i think this is was made to balance the Steward gain for the player and AI alike. could be wrong

I'm on 1.5.7 and there wine is consumed. Did they change it in an update?
Yes they did :sad:
Its a drink bro not food come on
I know :p what i meant was, it is not considered a food item like beer for instance.
Should at least give a morale boost. Same with beer, but I think beer is considered a food item.
Yes beer is, that's what baffled me. I want to have wineries to help my cities with food production besides breweries, it would help with owner's empire to have diversity. I feel like i am flooding the market with my own brand of beer, it is apparently a good brew since i am still making bank from it :razz:
they made the change a few versions ago, (1.6. i believe) removing Wine and Oil from the food types. i think this is was made to balance the Steward gain for the player and AI alike. could be wrong
Wow, that is ... Disappointing if it is true, what's wrong with power leveling stewardship if you are paying for it? it is not like these products are all over the place, you would either have to buy them for an insane price because a merchant brought them from the south east or you live around there and you wont have access to i don't know fish?
I really hope they revert this change, it kills both emersion and forces the player to grind more, damages the economy and limits your choices with workshops preferences. It is already limited as it is :/

What if wine (and maybe oil?) was made into a new type of consumable that adds to morale as it's consumed but does not count as consuming food? (so you still need food). I mean supplying your party or army with wine should make them pretty damned happy. Beer is for the peasants, wine is for the wealthy. And beer back then was not known to be strong. It was quite watered down.

So what if it would help powerlevel Steward, right? It's easy to powerlevel anyway. It's literally the easiest skill to level, and I'm not at all complaining about that.

Workshops suck by the way. I've been experimenting with them. There hasn't been a single instance so far where a workshop has come even close to earning what a caravan with better troops led by a companion I personally trained over weeks and months earned.

Last edited:
What if wine (and maybe oil?) was made into a new type of consumable that adds to morale as it's consumed but does not count as consuming food? (so you still need food). I mean supplying your party or army with wine should make them pretty damned happy. Beer is for the peasants, wine is for the wealthy. And beer back then was not know to be strong. It was quite watered down.

So what if it would help powerlevel Steward, right? It's easy to powerlevel anyway. It's literally the easiest skill to level, and I'm not at all complaining about that.

Workshops suck by the way. I've been experimenting with them. There hasn't been a single instance so far where a workshop has come even close to earning what a caravan with better troops led by a companion I personally trained over weeks and months earned.
Yes, that would make a lot of sense.
True Workshops need some love, at one point i had like 4 caravans running at the same time, back when i was just a rich plebe in Asaria. Now i keep 2 running at all times while the rest of my companions are either assigned roles or governors/patrols

They could make the towns count oil(it's olive oil right?) and wine as food but not parties if they really want to, although I agree there no reason to try and nerf steward gain or +moral, neither have any overt effect on anything, meanwhile their are numerous things that do but remain untouched for 1.5 years.
They changed beer to counted as food at some point because it was big **** **** for some towns to have grain consumed daily when it had brewery, they might as well do it for wine and oil too since those consume grapes and oil from the town they're made in.

All in all I really think they player should be able to solve food considerations more proactively and just create as many food sources, or stockpiles as they think they need, at a cost. It's lame to be the owner or ruler and not be able think "oh I want to put 100 more troops in my garrison, I guess I should spend money and man power to build 5 farms for the 5 more food those 100 troops will eat".

They could do a lot of things, and yet do so very little.
That's not fair to say, the game was a mess not long ago, stuttering, huge lag spikes, crashes on top of crashes. This is early access, we can help shape the final product for everyone else to enjoy. We are the thankless frontline soldiers. Paying to work with them :p but i see it as an opportunity to give back for hours and hours of fun from WB.

That's not fair to say, the game was a mess not long ago, stuttering, huge lag spikes, crashes on top of crashes. This is early access, we can help shape the final product for everyone else to enjoy. We are the thankless frontline soldiers. Paying to work with them :p but i see it as an opportunity to give back for hours and hours of fun from WB.
Yeah. I've been there. Let's chat again in six months :smile:.

All in all I really think they player should be able to solve food considerations more proactively and just create as many food sources, or stockpiles as they think they need, at a cost. It's lame to be the owner or ruler and not be able think "oh I want to put 100 more troops in my garrison, I guess I should spend money and man power to build 5 farms for the 5 more food those 100 troops will eat".
Yeah that would be nice, it could be an buildable option in the villages so castle can benefit from it too.
It would also be nice to be able to help rebuild your villages for a relationship boost buy lending some troops, with like 20 tools and 50 grain and 5000k gold or something, it would take 3 days maybe.

Yeah. I've been there. Let's chat again in six months :smile:.
They do take their time, can't argue with that :/ we don't know their financial situation though, maybe pushing them to be like the other big companies and hire more people to get things done faster, would incentivize them to use the same tactics to finance all the staff (loot boxes, ditch SP, skins,mirco transactions, DLCs instead of patches, you know the nightmare that is AAA). Then where would we be ?

Yeah, i thought of that too, salt could be then also considered a food item for towns exclusively so it gets a bit more valuable to control salt cities within your empire and would vastly help with food shortages.
Salt should be another one of those luxury morale-boosting items. Maybe it's not the same in Calradia but in history salt was considered so valuable and wonderful that soldiers were paid with it.

Weird for salt to be just a trade commodity with no other use.

Salt should be another one of those luxury morale-boosting items. Maybe it's not the same in Calradia but in history salt was considered so valuable and wonderful that soldiers were paid with it.

Weird for salt to be just a trade commodity with no other use.
I agree, imagine if they add spices in the desert and steppe towns! It would give them flavor and an especially profitable conquest seeing how far apart these lands are, it sometimes feels like not worth it to pursue a long war with these factions.

Back
Top Bottom