Why is wine not a consumable food item?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a way to petition a reverse? We need more food items, not less :/
i agree we need more food but to be honest the AI can level stewardship better now. Oil and Wine were pretty rare regardless.
From a balancing POV it's a good change. i am not a fan of less food but hey if it works... i guess.

i agree we need more food but to be honest the AI can level stewardship better now. Oil and Wine were pretty rare regardless.
From a balancing POV it's a good change. i am not a fan of less food but hey if it works... i guess.
How does it help the AI if there is less food? wouldn't more food make them level it faster? if the fast rate is the problem, then a cap of types of food (you can gain benefit from 5 types of food at a time for example, anything more is not counted) would be better then us pretending that soldiers won't drink that wine and would not dip their bread in the cursed oil. If it is too difficult can ,at least, towns consider these items food?

How does it help the AI if there is less food? wouldn't more food make them level it faster? if the fast rate is the problem, then a cap of types of food (you can gain benefit from 5 types of food at a time for example, anything more is not counted) would be better then us pretending that soldiers won't drink that wine and would not dip their bread in the cursed oil. If it is too difficult can ,at least, towns consider these items food?
% wise less food types = increased XP for AI. this is just speculation on my part but i did notice good stewardship on the "in game made" kids of lords in my latest campaign that lasted 30+ years.

Having all 10 food types is close to impossible for the AI, so the percentage of diverse food was lower then what it is now.
i did play 90% of that campaign with wine and oil in my inventory before realizing it was no longer food.

Still the main reason lords have crap levels is due to how bad the AI is at managing attributes and focuses, we may see more food once that is improved

% wise less food types = increased XP for AI. this is just speculation on my part but i did notice good stewardship on the "in game made" kids of lords in my latest campaign that lasted 30+ years.

Having all 10 food types is close to impossible for the AI, so the percentage of diverse food was lower then what it is now.
i did play 90% of that campaign with wine and oil in my inventory before realizing it was no longer food.

Still the main reason lords have crap levels is due to how bad the AI is at managing attributes and focuses, we may see more food once that is improved
Oh ok, i hope it is temporary then :/

Started a new playthrough after i finished the main quest in my previous one, and thought to join Vlandia as a Battanian, Almost all the cities are starving because they have wineries and oil presses. This is a big problem and it needs to be addressed asap. I am gonna post in the suggestion section or something :/

Started a new playthrough after i finished the main quest in my previous one, and thought to join Vlandia as a Battanian, Almost all the cities are starving because they have wineries and oil presses. This is a big problem and it needs to be addressed asap. I am gonna post in the suggestion section or something :/
starving towns in the early are more common than you think but that as very little to do with wine and oil.

The way the game works to not make every campaign feel the same, kinda, is randomizing prosperity at the start of the game.

This makes it so that some towns in a faction or more have more people living in it that they can actually feed, give it a few years and it will balance itself.

starving towns in the early are more common than you think but that as very little to do with wine and oil.

The way the game works to not make every campaign feel the same, kinda, is randomizing prosperity at the start of the game.

This makes it so that some towns in a faction or more have more people living in it that they can actually feed, give it a few years and it will balance itself.
3k Prosperity and starving is quite bad :/ it is not like a i have another choice, waiting it is then

3k Prosperity and starving is quite bad :/
well, it depends.

what town is it?
Does it have at least 1 food village nearby?
Are they raided?
Does the town have an upgraded orchard or a level 0?
Does the town have a little to many defenders.

not all towns are heavens when it come to prosperity, some are just bad and their only purpose is strategic, storage of supplies or gathering some other resources.

Don't worry about it, it's fine. the production of Grapes and Olives will always outmatch the one of Wine and Oil.
If you look very carefully almost all towns lose prosperity at the start of a save just to gain it back later when they are upgraded

well, it depends.

what town is it?
Does it have at least 1 food village nearby?
Are they raided?
Does the town have an upgraded orchard or a level 0?
Does the town have a little to many defenders.

not all towns are heavens when it come to prosperity, some are just bad and their only purpose is strategic, storage of supplies or gathering some other resources.

Don't worry about it, it's fine. the production of Grapes and Olives will always outmatch the one of Wine and Oil.
If you look very carefully almost all towns lose prosperity at the start of a save just to gain it back later when they are upgraded
I guess i will give it a few years and see how things go.

It doesn't show in their food consumption and it is quite minimal, dropping the value of these items even more.
Consistent wine consumption in a town requires a certain level of prosperity or else its daily might be 0. They drink more wine when they get richer though -- or did awhile back. It might have changed around a bit since last year.

Consistent wine consumption in a town requires a certain level of prosperity or else its daily might be 0. They drink more wine when they get richer though -- or did awhile back. It might have changed around a bit since last year.
That's true,
It is still gimped since if it was considered a food item it would be consumed before any thresholds.
It would make it so the player has more choice in regards to what workshops they should have when starting the game too.

Back
Top Bottom