Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're actually describing most of the other threads in this section of the forum where people are saying e.g. "the devs should all kill themselves they're the worst people in the world", "the game is broken and never going to be fixed, as a 14 year old i have a great understanding of game development processes", etc etc.
if you make those claims I'm sure you can back them up, right? give us a link or two.

I think you're actually describing most of the other threads in this section of the forum where people are saying e.g. "the devs should all kill themselves they're the worst people in the world", "the game is broken and never going to be fixed, as a 14 year old i have a great understanding of game development processes", etc etc.
5735690507_23d5b93c1c_w.jpg

Here we go again. Same story 17 pages later. You want a happily nice community singing country songs at a fireplace together with all the devs. Polite and friendly topics has been made for the past 1 1/2 year. You're still not understanding why people are upset its either pure ignorance or massive trolling. Nevertheless it makes you look like a fool at this point.

5735690507_23d5b93c1c_w.jpg

Here we go again. Same story 17 pages later. You want a happily nice community singing country songs at a fireplace together with all the devs. Polite and friendly topics has been made for the past 1 1/2 year. You're still not understanding why people are upset its either pure ignorance or massive trolling. Nevertheless it makes you look like a fool at this point.
He is trolling, there is no other possibility. Stop going for it guys, let him in his troll cave.

I've just sat and read the Multiplayer Forum section and Jesus Christ guys chill out and stop being so horrible.

Game's not even released yet. Stop insulting the devs. They're making progress (I didn't play for ~~a year and the game's vastly improved). If the game's lack of immediate progress is stressing you out so much, go play something else until it's done. Harrassing and insulting the devs constantly helps nobody, and just alienates the community from the developers. Moreover some of us would like to read the Multiplayer Forum and enjoy what we read, not see endless whining about developer progress and trolling.

I know you're excited for the game to be finished, but guys, chill.

----------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION TO INITIAL QUESTION - Early Access as a concept is bad/confusing. It's a marketing term for a beta which you have paid for. The developers should not have used it here and it has given many the impression that this is a full release when it is clearly not. Players should treat Bannerlord as they would treat a beta, and wait for full release if they are not happy beta testing an incomplete game (I personally do not enjoy beta testing).
I'm constantly criticizing Taleworlds for what I believe being lack of transparency and slow progress (in the wrong direction more often than not.) Attacking them personally, well, I'd rather avoid that. They might be kinda bad developers, but it's not like I bear them too much ill-will. Quite the opposite, in fact. Insulting is something I'd rather reserve for my local post office lady who loves making me wait with a smirk on her face as she's texting her 78 years old boyfriend.
That said, I also see a lot of people attacking other people for expressing valid criticism and calling them "hostile" or "toxic" just because they have diverging opinions. That should also be avoided.

I'm constantly criticizing Taleworlds for what I believe being lack of transparency and slow progress (in the wrong direction more often than not.) Attacking them personally, well, I'd rather avoid that. They might be kinda bad developers, but it's not like I bear them too much ill-will. Quite the opposite, in fact. Insulting is something I'd rather reserve for my local post office lady who loves making me wait with a smirk on her face as she's texting her 78 years old boyfriend.
That said, I also see a lot of people attacking other people for expressing valid criticism and calling them "hostile" or "toxic" just because they have diverging opinions. That should also be avoided.
I totally agree that there's a middle ground to be reached which doesn't involve constant boring endless threads like;

"Is this what a siege should look like to you Taleworlds ?"
"Foot couching? x to couch while charging on foot?"
"Taleworlds, it's time to shut down this multiplayer"
"An open letter from the (non-existent) server community"
"what mod is going to replace native?"

They're just cringey and passive aggressive, it looks like a teenage girl's Instagram or somthing. I much prefer the ones such as;

"Quality of life suggestion"
"Rambo should always be a part of captain to an extent"
""Skirmish Pick-Up's Invitation (All Welcome!)"

Tbh people do seem to have been getting better in the threads lately, when I first started this thread it was like 80% trolling, now it seems like 40%, which is a nice improvement. I just think people should be nice, I know that myself and others come to this forum to see legitimate ideas for improvements to the game we're excited to be released for, not just endless threads from 14 year old sweatlords thinking it's funny to tell a dev to get cancer or whatever.

The "Rambo" thread was created two months ago - when you started this topic. It's only had four responses within June.

The "Quality of life suggestion" thread says: "But how about a sound effect to warn you when the ****ty server disconnects you from the queue, I hate queuing, waiting for 10 minutes ... I suggest a fart sound effect so it matches the server condition, thanks!"

The "Rambo" thread was created two months ago - when you started this topic. It's only had four responses within June.

The "Quality of life suggestion" thread says: "But how about a sound effect to warn you when the ****ty server disconnects you from the queue, I hate queuing, waiting for 10 minutes ... I suggest a fart sound effect so it matches the server condition, thanks!"
Don't feed the troll. Taleworld's sleeper agent will go into hibernate if you try and make no sense. Making sense will further annoy it.

His sig makes me laugh too. "doing a great job" followed by three suggestions that have been parroted since the alpha testing began, and would probably take all of an afternoon or a days work to fix if I had to guess, the D E L U S I O N is real.

Just wait and see what is coming, you'll understand once you see what they've been wasting their time doing instead of more pressing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom