Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the question asked by OP. Let us begin by defining what toxicity really is:

Toxicity is the quality of being harmful or unpleasant in an insidious way.

What can we make of this?
I think that's a pretty good definition yeah. Just look at the posts which are being posted even over the last few days, people are still being toxic. We need to get a definition of something else and have the fanbase be that;

nice​

adjective

kind/friendly​

• kind; friendly
    • Our new neighbours are very nice.
    • He's a really nice guy.
    • She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
    • nice to somebody Be nice to me. I'm not feeling well.
    • nice of somebody (to do something) It was nice of them to invite us.
    • nice about something I complained to the manager and he was very nice about it.
    • I asked him in the nicest possible way to put his cigarette out.
    opposite nasty

I feel this would overall be a more positive place if the fanbase were Nice. Hug a Bannerlord developer today, don't troll the forums, just be Nice.

Why is toxic even the word people use? All it makes me think of is Brittany spears rubbing her butt on a guy while dressed like stewardess.
Yeah, it'd be better if it was younger schoolgirl Brittany spears, but broken in Brittany is okay too. It's not shaved head pycho clone Brittany anyways.

I think people should go back to just saying "you hurt my fee fee's and I now intend to annoy you!".

To answer the OP's question: When you delay and delay and delay a game for no apparent reason (the rumors of getting money from the Turkish government, though completely unconfirmed, do seem more and more appealing by the day), after 12 years of development release an unfinished game, that in itself is toxic. It is toxic to take hundreds of millions of dollars and give us relatively nothing in return. We want what we paid for. We want what was promised half a decade ago. Not getting it is the toxic thing, the reaction to that, while toxic in nature, is completely and wholly justified.

Why is toxic even the word people use? All it makes me think of is Brittany spears rubbing her butt on a guy while dressed like stewardess.
Good times!

I'd say its gotten worse around here, not surprising. People are giving up, and take it out on the forum.
Not enough content for the game is being created, people dont want to play, so they start talking **** on the forums instead. Its the Mercenaries effect.

Good times!

I'd say its gotten worse around here, not surprising. People are giving up, and take it out on the forum.
Not enough content for the game is being created, people dont want to play, so they start talking **** on the forums instead. Its the Mercenaries effect.
I don't play MP but I do check the forums to see if there are improvements. There never is. They took a game that was amazing and still played to this day, and made it crap. And when everyone in Beta told them it was crap, they said 'no, your opinions are wrong'. Then they released the game and people tried it, and tried some more, and then realized it was just crap so they all left except for a few who are just stubborn I guess?

Anyways, the players knew what they wanted and posted what they thought could improve the game, but the devs refused to believe that they were wrong, and assured us that there was a 'silent majority' who approved of everything they did. Then player count dropped by 90% which could imply that that silent majority was silent because there was nobody there.

Yeah, it'd be better if it was younger schoolgirl Brittany spears, but broken in Brittany is okay too. It's not shaved head pycho clone Brittany anyways.

I think people should go back to just saying "you hurt my fee fee's and I now intend to annoy you!".
LMAO to both points.

To answer the OP's question: When you delay and delay and delay a game for no apparent reason (the rumors of getting money from the Turkish government, though completely unconfirmed, do seem more and more appealing by the day), after 12 years of development release an unfinished game, that in itself is toxic. It is toxic to take hundreds of millions of dollars and give us relatively nothing in return. We want what we paid for. We want what was promised half a decade ago. Not getting it is the toxic thing, the reaction to that, while toxic in nature, is completely and wholly justified.
I'm sure you will get what you've paid for when it's released; try and think of the Early Access as a demo, or better yet, don't play it if you don't like demo's. I estimate the game will be released in ~~2 years time, till then Chivalry 2 is pretty good.

I don't think that's so much toxic as it is a studio which isn't as high spec as one we're used to from the big AAA companies, say what you will about Call of Duty/Fifa etc but they have the budget to hire people who know what they're doing to get a game out smoothly and well managed. Bannerlord is a much smaller studio, we should try and be aware of that, and be nice.

Bannerlord is one of the most financially successful games of the last 5 years, and the team is about the same size as a lot of AAA studios. The studio that made Total War was smaller in the 2010s when they were making basically one new game per year.

They're not a small company. I see a lot of this same sentiment with Paradox as well, with players assuming that because the titles are niche, the company must be barely getting by.

let's take for example an estimated 5,000,000 copies sold for a price of 30 euros (some countries are more expensive and others are cheaper)

the total is 150 million euros for all the copies sold. if this estimation is on the high side and we downgrade to 100 million then this is still a ridiculous amount of money. All of this while TaleWorlds is situated in Turkey, benefiting from the low cost factors for employees, building, etc.

I'm sure you will get what you've paid for when it's released; try and think of the Early Access as a demo, or better yet, don't play it if you don't like demo's. I estimate the game will be released in ~~2 years time, till then Chivalry 2 is pretty good.

I don't think that's so much toxic as it is a studio which isn't as high spec as one we're used to from the big AAA companies, say what you will about Call of Duty/Fifa etc but they have the budget to hire people who know what they're doing to get a game out smoothly and well managed. Bannerlord is a much smaller studio, we should try and be aware of that, and be nice.
Why the hell should it be two years? Taleworlds has 100+ employees, working on....what? Bee simulator? Mount and Blade is their only franchise to my knowledge, and even if they have other games (which nobody has ever heard of), they still have 100+ Devs working on bannerlord alone. This argument is nonsensical. Three years for early access is absurd. They started developing in at least 2010, it should not take a team that size, the size of the total war games, 13 years to make a game. That is beyond ridiculous. That's enough time for a drooling baby to become a high schooler. Are you kidding me? 4,000 days and you are telling me they need another 700? No.

Here we go again.

Corsair didn't make this thread to make any valid point y'all, he just came here to argue and bait.
I think you're actually describing most of the other threads in this section of the forum where people are saying e.g. "the devs should all kill themselves they're the worst people in the world", "the game is broken and never going to be fixed, as a 14 year old i have a great understanding of game development processes", etc etc.

I think you're actually describing most of the other threads in this section of the forum where people are saying e.g. "the devs should all kill themselves they're the worst people in the world", "the game is broken and never going to be fixed, as a 14 year old i have a great understanding of game development processes", etc etc.
You are actually living in your own little fantasy, it's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom