Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just sat and read the Multiplayer Forum section and Jesus Christ guys chill out and stop being so horrible.

Game's not even released yet. Stop insulting the devs. They're making progress (I didn't play for ~~a year and the game's vastly improved). If the game's lack of immediate progress is stressing you out so much, go play something else until it's done. Harrassing and insulting the devs constantly helps nobody, and just alienates the community from the developers. Moreover some of us would like to read the Multiplayer Forum and enjoy what we read, not see endless whining about developer progress and trolling.

I know you're excited for the game to be finished, but guys, chill.

----------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION TO INITIAL QUESTION - Early Access as a concept is bad/confusing. It's a marketing term for a beta which you have paid for. The developers should not have used it here and it has given many the impression that this is a full release when it is clearly not. Players should treat Bannerlord as they would treat a beta, and wait for full release if they are not happy beta testing an incomplete game (I personally do not enjoy beta testing).

Last edited:
Defending TW? HERESY!
giphy.gif

Jokes aside I've seen no substantial changes since the release of EA, only those that ****ed the game up(sound of kek, lobby lags, fps drops, throwing meta coming back, no duel mode yet, no battle mode yet, clan matches constantly crashing).
1.5 was good but not enough.

Progress was okay until a few months ago. I can't help but feel we have regressed. I know the game will be amazing, but I think it is way more likely modders will be the first to give me a satisfying experience.

The game is underwhelming compared to what we hoped - and better then this forum would suggest.

I think people had sky high expectations and i think a lot of them were expecting them to be realised on the release of Early Access, as opposed to when the game actually releases. I think a large problem is the whole concept of Early Access, I think people view it as the full game and represetntative of the finished product rather than a de facto demo

Personally I think it's better to not even play Early Access, because frankly it's almost always going to be disappointing, simply because it's not finished, and it almost always ruins your initial impression of a game. I've played Bannerlord a bit myself before release (~~90hrs) even though I told myself I wouldn't but that's mainly because I'm super excited for the game to actually release, even though it's nowhere near release-able yet.

Re the game improving in the last year; the stability and performance increases have been enormous, I used to crash all the time and get 20fps with a GTX1080Ti, now I rarely ever crash, and single player has progressed enormously to the point where it's actually a hell of a lot of fun playing a single player campaign now. I think it's important to keep in mind for the multiplayer community that singleplayer is where they make their money, so singleplayer was always going to come first in development priorities; we don't know what their development calendar looks like and we don't know if they're going to have a large development push for multiplayer before the initial release. I suspect they'll get singleplayer to a state they're happy with and then focus resources on multiplayer after that

Simple, really basic things that I’ve seen people giving feedback for even in the beta are still not done, or were deemed unnecessary. And not even a reason why has been communicated half the time. Gives the feeling that it’s not really early access where the players can give feedback and mould the game with the devs to be something everyone wants but rather we’re just allowed to play while they make the game they want.

I think people had sky high expectations and i think a lot of them were expecting them to be realised on the release of Early Access, as opposed to when the game actually releases. I think a large problem is the whole concept of Early Access, I think people view it as the full game and represetntative of the finished product rather than a de facto demo

Personally I think it's better to not even play Early Access, because frankly it's almost always going to be disappointing, simply because it's not finished, and it almost always ruins your initial impression of a game. I've played Bannerlord a bit myself before release (~~90hrs) even though I told myself I wouldn't but that's mainly because I'm super excited for the game to actually release, even though it's nowhere near release-able yet.

Re the game improving in the last year; the stability and performance increases have been enormous, I used to crash all the time and get 20fps with a GTX1080Ti, now I rarely ever crash, and single player has progressed enormously to the point where it's actually a hell of a lot of fun playing a single player campaign now. I think it's important to keep in mind for the multiplayer community that singleplayer is where they make their money, so singleplayer was always going to come first in development priorities; we don't know what their development calendar looks like and we don't know if they're going to have a large development push for multiplayer before the initial release. I suspect they'll get singleplayer to a state they're happy with and then focus resources on multiplayer after that

It doesnt matter wether its early access or not. The reason why people complain is not because we are a bunch of dumbass thinking its a finished product. The reason we complain is because we KNOW and can SEE where the game is going, and its a going straight into a wall. The decisions made by Taleworlds are absolutely despicable and are the number 1 reason why the MP community is now dead as f**k. The level of stubborn they are showing is out of this world, people have been telling them since day one, before the release of EA, that the class system is an absolute abomination and gets to be deleted ASAP. We've been telling them exactly that for over a year, and yet they still believe in their **** system that 0.5% of the playerbase likes. They refuse to listen to what the community want and the native Bannerlord is and will remain a disaster because of how stubborn they are. There is no excuse for that crap of a MP experience they released after 8 years of development, and there is even LESS excuse for them refusing to admit their decisions are bullcrap. Battle mode will renew a bit of a hype, but by the end of the day, that mode will probably be a disaster because it will be different from Warband's battlemode in order to accomodate the terrible class system.

Inappropriate language
It doesnt matter wether its early access or not. The reason why people complain is not because we are a bunch of dumbass thinking its a finished product. The reason we complain is because we KNOW and can SEE where the game is going, and its a going straight into a wall. The decisions made by Taleworlds are absolutely despicable and are the number 1 reason why the MP community is now dead as f**k. The level of stubborn they are showing is out of this world, people have been telling them since day one, before the release of EA, that the class system is an absolute abomination and gets to be deleted ASAP. We've been telling them exactly that for over a year, and yet they still believe in their **** system that 0.5% of the playerbase likes. They refuse to listen to what the community want and the native Bannerlord is and will remain a disaster because of how stubborn they are. There is no excuse for that crap of a MP experience they released after 8 years of development, and there is even LESS excuse for them refusing to admit their decisions are bullcrap. Battle mode will renew a bit of a hype, but by the end of the day, that mode will probably be a disaster because it will be different from Warband's battlemode in order to accomodate the terrible class system.

The foundations of all the hate the game gets:

8+ years of development.

If bannerlord was only in development for one or two years, i doubt it would get as much hate, but a lot of boomers here have waited almost if not a decade for bannerlord for it to be:

1. Incomplete
2. Missing all the good things warband had
3. **** priorities

Last edited by a moderator:

Why is the class system so horrible? With some minor tweaking it'd be basically Warband's system but simplified, which frankly appeals to me. I think it could do with a couple of adjustments e.g. making it so that improving your armour cost 20 more respawn points etc etc, but overall I don't think it's a horrible system at all. As it is right now it's definitely not as good as the Warband system (but not that much worse, you don't have to fiddle with gold every life like you used to have to), but that doesn't mean when the game actually releases it won't have improved.

I'm also a little confused as to what other decisions are rubbish?

The automatch to find Skirmish modes is brilliant (i absolutely love the Skirmish mode and can't wait for the ranked iteration, it's effectively clan matches automated), the objective based sieges reminiscient of Age of Chivalry's system is really good and the most i've ever felt like i was in a multiplayer siege (the only thing lacking is some team coordination, maybe a commander who had exclusive VOIP rights?!). The combat mechanics require some tweaking, but again, Early Access

Edit; @Younes,

The game isn't released yet though, 8 years of development sure but it's still not finished, they're not claiming it's finished, so why are people treating it as if it's a finished product? Personally I think it was a mistake to put it out as EA but i'm kinda glad they did because i was dying for some new Mount and Blade, but at the same time i'm quite fine to wait a year until the game actually releases?

Why is the class system so horrible? With some minor tweaking it'd be basically Warband's system but simplified, which frankly appeals to me. I think it could do with a couple of adjustments e.g. making it so that improving your armour cost 20 more respawn points etc etc, but overall I don't think it's a horrible system at all. As it is right now it's definitely not as good as the Warband system (but not that much worse, you don't have to fiddle with gold every life like you used to have to), but that doesn't mean when the game actually releases it won't have improved.
Oh no please don't start that discussion.

v1.jpg

Suffice to say these gentlemen are very very anti the class system... frankly I don't disagree that the old system might of been better. But I do believe that in the grand scheme of things it makes little difference.

1) Crashes
2) Combat Mechanics
3) Custom Servers
4) Game Modes
5) Maps

That's my MP tier list... how I choose my sword really doesn't bother me...

I'm also a little confused as to what other decisions are rubbish?

The automatch to find Skirmish modes is brilliant (i absolutely love the Skirmish mode and can't wait for the ranked iteration, it's effectively clan matches automated), the objective based sieges reminiscient of Age of Chivalry's system is really good and the most i've ever felt like i was in a multiplayer siege (the only thing lacking is some team coordination, maybe a commander who had exclusive VOIP rights?!). The combat mechanics require some tweaking, but again, Early Access

Edit; @Younes,

The game isn't released yet though, 8 years of development sure but it's still not finished, they're not claiming it's finished, so why are people treating it as if it's a finished product? Personally I think it was a mistake to put it out as EA but i'm kinda glad they did because i was dying for some new Mount and Blade, but at the same time i'm quite fine to wait a year until the game actually releases?
You belong to that .5% group of players that like class system. IMO it would be good if we had no existing WB gold system everyone appreciate more tahn BL classes. You know its like 8th GoT season which would be good for popcorn watching but after previous ones its a disaster

I've just sat and read the Multiplayer Forum section and Jesus Christ guys chill out and stop being so horrible.

Game's not even released yet. Stop insulting the devs. They're making progress (I didn't play for ~~a year and the game's vastly improved). If the game's lack of immediate progress is stressing you out so much, go play something else until it's done. Harrassing and insulting the devs constantly helps nobody, and just alienates the community from the developers. Moreover some of us would like to read the Multiplayer Forum and enjoy what we read, not see endless whining about developer progress and trolling.

I know you're excited for the game to be finished, but guys, chill.
Because the devs made $100 million and the game feels like it has no love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom