Why Is This Forum Section So Toxic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My absolute favorite part is that the people defending TW think they're doing them some sort of favor, dubbing any concern (valid or not) as toxic. It's funny because all this arguing is happening on the company's official forums.

I guess people like OP genuinely believe that the people who post threads in these sub-forums and forums as a whole do so in the hopes of driving this company into the ground. The reality, however, is that most of the people (generally old guard) who actually followed the development of this game and were present from alpha/closed beta are the ones fighting for improvements and feedback while the defenders are perfectly happy with stagnation.

They didn't listen to you when you were polite, so you think being toxic is going make them listen and agree with you? Look, there are several possible reasons they didn't "listen" to player feedback when they were polite.

1. They disagree with the feedback. Will being toxic make them agree? No.
2. They agree but are not skilled enough to implement them. Will being toxic make them suddenly skilled enough? No.
3. They agree but it's still on the list because there are other issues to fix (crashes). Will being toxic make them drop those other issues? Most likely not.
4. They simply haven't seen the post. Will being toxic make them want to read your post? No.
5. They have taken enough feedback to work on and are not accepting new suggestions yet. Will being toxic magically make other feedbacks completed or give them more manpower to work on new suggestions? No.
why dont you work for HR or something cuz you clearly understand the situation here wholly and should be awarded
why doesn't it get through your thick skull of yours that they don't care about mp lol
"they have taken enough feedback" my ass
Game will be released properly in ~~ 2 years (clearly a slow-to-develop game). It's clearly going to have a lot of promise. Just go play something else for a while and chill-the-hell-out.
i can politely ask you to **** off because i waited 7+ years for this game and i bought it, i'm not going to wait another 2+ years so i can play with more than 50 people and i'm not gonna ask you if im gonna play this game or not
it still gets released as early access with little content after all these years of development???? are you ****ing joking?? there are content that should've been in the game from START that are being added recently after a whole year of EA
we do 1.000 feedback and only 5 of them gets recognized and actually gets put in the game, rest gets labeled as "listed" is this considered healthy relations between playerbase and developers?
custom servers are still not out which were the foundation of warband mp and you guys are still defending tw lmao its unbelievable

stop reviving this thread

My absolute favorite part is that the people defending TW think they're doing them some sort of favor, dubbing any concern (valid or not) as toxic. It's funny because all this arguing is happening on the company's official forums.

I guess people like OP genuinely believe that the people who post threads in these sub-forums and forums as a whole do so in the hopes of driving this company into the ground. The reality, however, is that most of the people (generally old guard) who actually followed the development of this game and were present from alpha/closed beta are the ones fighting for improvements and feedback while the defenders are perfectly happy with stagnation.
You say Old Guard lol, i literally have the oldest account in this thread with ~~5,000 hours on Warband

I really want the game to be good as well. It's just that as i'm probably a little bit older than most of you guys and have seen this before, i fully realise that the moment you start shouting at and insulting people is the moment they stop listening.

The community is going to continue to have valid suggestions, however now the devs aren't going to listen to the valid suggestions, because you're being toxic; it's a perfectly human response and it happens everywhere in life, you start shouting, they stop listening. Frankly i actually want the game to be good and feel that you toxic people are really hindering that, so i wish you toxic people would "**** off" as the other guy so nicely put it. Your childish crybaby attitude is hindering not helping.

The community is going to continue to have valid suggestions, however now the devs aren't going to listen to the valid suggestions, because you're being toxic
Holy **** get a grasp on reality. And you're the one playing the "i am older" card for real? We have been saying the same stuff over and over again to you but you act exactly like TW, you ignore it

tenor.gif

Frankly i actually want the game to be good and feel that you toxic people are really hindering that, so i wish you toxic people would "**** off" as the other guy so nicely put it. Your childish crybaby attitude is hindering not helping.
Y'see, there is another 2 or 3 guys before you who spent most of their forum time going around saying the exact same things, and in all actuality they just ended up derailing every thread they went into to this topic. You also conveniently keep ignoring the point: Feedback was given politely in the past, most of this feedback was ignored, it was only once people started leaving sarcastic and snarky feedback, they realized they were getting answers every time.

Feedback was given politely in the past, most of this feedback was ignored, it was only once people started leaving sarcastic and snarky feedback, they realized they were getting answers every time.

How can you be sure it was the case? I feel like TW also made an effort to answer and reply to more community feedback in late autumn and winter, a time during which the community managers were more active. Sadly it has not been as good recently but, seeing the current state of the forum, I am not surprised.

People need to keep in mind that CMs like Dejan and Callum, altough they are TW employers, are also sort of the middle men. There is a limit to what they can do and report to the devs. The decisions regarding development are taken by people higher up in the hierarchy, and probably most of them the CMs can't disclose. I don't see the point in treating the CMs badly.

If feedback has been ignored, there is probably a reason for that (I'm not defending that choice). Taleworlds should come forward with a public statement regarding their plans for the future of the game and explain which of the design choices that have been made conflict with the community feedback. In the best case scenario, it should come from Armagan.

it still gets released as early access with little content after all these years of development???? are you ****ing joking?? there are content that should've been in the game from START that are being added recently after a whole year of EA

The community is going to continue to have valid suggestions, however now the devs aren't going to listen to the valid suggestions, because you're being toxic
It really doesn’t matter anymore. Someone can bring up an Well written essay filled with proper suggestions while another person pull out a toxic suggestion full of **** on the walls. The result will be the same: Nothing will happen.
TW has the worst customerservice I’ve ever seen although the devs aren’t to blame here, somebody or some people in their higher mgt clearly chose wrong careers here. But that is still not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is that nobody at TW seems to recognise the issue and is willing to make a change.

How can you be sure it was the case? I feel like TW also made an effort to answer and reply to more community feedback in late autumn and winter, a time during which the community managers were more active. Sadly it has not been as good recently but, seeing the current state of the forum, I am not surprised.

People need to keep in mind that CMs like Dejan and Callum, altough they are TW employers, are also sort of the middle men. There is a limit to what they can do and report to the devs. The decisions regarding development are taken by people higher up in the hierarchy, and probably most of them the CMs can't disclose. I don't see the point in treating the CMs badly.

If feedback has been ignored, there is probably a reason for that (I'm not defending that choice). Taleworlds should come forward with a public statement regarding their plans for the future of the game and explain which of the design choices that have been made conflict with the community feedback. In the best case scenario, it should come from Armagan.
Yep.

And with all of the toxic nonsense currently on the forum the likely thing the CM's are reporting to the dev's is "just more trolling in the forums, no real suggestions, they're always so horrible to us". Gives the devs a sense of "this community are a bunch of jerks, i'm not listening to them or their feedback. Reddit is much nicer, i think i'll listen to what they're telling me instead".

Yep.

And with all of the toxic nonsense currently on the forum the likely thing the CM's are reporting to the dev's is "just more trolling in the forums, no real suggestions, they're always so horrible to us". Gives the devs a sense of "this community are a bunch of jerks, i'm not listening to them or their feedback. Reddit is much nicer, i think i'll listen to what they're telling me instead".
Keep ignoring each single point as you have done this whole thread. Typical fan boi

TW made efforts to respond, made no efforts to implement, there you have the TLDR of the whole beta and alpha.

If both of you can give a single example of a feature implemented after suggestions, go ahead. Give me anything that wasn't a balance change but an additional feature.

It's always the people who have done nothing for the game who start crying like babies.

Keep ignoring each single point as you have done this whole thread. Typical fan boi

TW made efforts to respond, made no efforts to implement, there you have the TLDR of the whole beta and alpha.

If both of you can give a single example of a feature implemented after suggestions, go ahead. Give me anything that wasn't a balance change but an additional feature.

It's always the people who have done nothing for the game who start crying like babies.
Let the bleepers such as corsair do their bleeping until they are outbleeped and we can continue our actual useful discussions

I think the community too toxic, if I would be the dev, I wouldn't want to respond anywhere in this forum as well. and I love bannerlord!

I think the community too toxic, if I would be the dev, I wouldn't want to respond anywhere in this forum as well. and I love bannerlord!
If I were the dev, I wouldnt want to respond, because I knew that I dont even understand my own code and therefore cant change the game even if I wanted to.

If you had a history of underachievement, you would probably be too shy to face the music. Or you could have good-sized balls and care enough about the game to engage the fans.
Basically, you are saying you are cowardly and/or don't react well to criticism from people who paid for your salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom