Why is there so much lag in single player?

Users who are viewing this thread

This game lags very badly on the campaign map and especially in the town interface. It's gotten a whole heap worst after the latest "hotfix". Why's that?

Battlefield and sieges are perfectly fine.

Hover over your Army/Town or Village it will help atm to get your fps back. Otherwise it would be unplayable for me (2fps on campaign map but 60 in battles or ui menues)

If you can, you should try and do this:
We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

I haven't been able to yet. Will hopefully help them fix it quickly.

I had to rollback the 1.5.9 to 1.5.8 due the lag, the game looks like a slide show, with 1 or 2 fps even with everything in medium /low. In 1.5.8 I have everything maxed and the game runs like butter.

I may be wrong but, could it be that performance issue is also linked with old save games?
Patches after patches, files start to get corrupted and it impacts game performance.
I could notice that with my first save games, from 1.5.6, I tend to have more glitches and longer load time than with fresh new games.

I had to rollback the 1.5.9 to 1.5.8 due the lag, the game looks like a slide show, with 1 or 2 fps even with everything in medium /low. In 1.5.8 I have everything maxed and the game runs like butter.
Did you have v-sync on? I had it on half and got the ridiculous campaign map lag after the hotfix, turning it completely stopped the lag on the main map but menus etc are still laggy af
I may be wrong but, could it be that performance issue is also linked with old save games?
Patches after patches, files start to get corrupted and it impacts game performance.
I could notice that with my first save games, from 1.5.6, I tend to have more glitches and longer load time than with fresh new games.
Load times get longer and longer the further you get into a campaign, even if you stay on one patch. I think it's that memory leak issue. Sometimes the knowledge of how long it's gonna take to load a save puts me off playing.

You know what, I just started getting more menu/loading lag (before I had just a little) tonight. Idunno what could have changed, I did download a new card driver, but I kinda doubt that's it. I played a lot since 1.5.10 and only had a slight menu/load lag until now.
Update: it's been better most times since, I don't know why. I basically always play with 1 YouTube thing playing in the background.

Last edited:
I have had this issue since a few updates ago and I reinstalled my game on a SDD drive and its no working fine. Try a SDD drive if you still hasn't. It works miracles for this game.

My menus encyclopedia etc... are taking 5-7 seconds to load pictures, dropping to below 10 fps. This patch and 1.5.9. are objective disasters.
Yeah. I'm not even playing anymore for that very reason.
I've also been told that the Turkish version doesn't have those issues due to the different handling of in-game fonts - I wonder why the hell would they be taking this much time to fix such an apparently stupid mistake in coding.

Yeah. I'm not even playing anymore for that very reason.
I've also been told that the Turkish version doesn't have those issues due to the different handling of in-game fonts - I wonder why the hell would they be taking this much time to fix such an apparently stupid mistake in coding.
Seriously?

I wonder how many interns they hired to work on the game. I don't mind a few interns trying their hand at art, but it would be sad if they used cheap or free labour to work on the core game

Back
Top Bottom