Why is there no way to train troops except fights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Even warband had this, I wanted so much to like this game and I do like it but the amount of things it should have is extreme.
This game has less stuff then warband which was made in 2 years max. In these 8 years couldn't you at least add what warband had?
How am i supposed to fight anyone when this ****ing game has a recruitment system that requires me to waste 20 hours of gameplay to make a decent 70 men army.

Also, why when any army conquers any city or town, they add around 100 troops to the garrison, but when I make an army and conquer anything, there'll be like 1-3 troops added. This game it's close to unplayable and I tried so ****ing hard to enjoy it but at the moment these flaws make it horrible.
They made the recruitment system extremely slow but fastened the game. Every country it's at war constantly with 2-3 other countries.

Where in history were there like 20 cities counquered in less then 1 year? Why the **** is there any time construct in the game if the game it's fastened like the apocalipse is comming in 1 year.

Why is no one afraid of fighting? Every lord goes to fight whatever they can, no one sits in a castle like they did in warband, everyone is on the road fighting. Why are there literally no lord staying more then 5 seconds in a castle?

This is worse then warband

the perk is bugged its give 50 xp to 300 men (the 50 xp is not for each man its for them all) you get 60 xp a day and need it in thousands to level ONE UNIT ONLY
Exactly, I took 80 recruits, fought 10 battles, and maybe 10 got leveled up and 20 died. They also get close to 0 xp if you don't fight

If you need 20 hours to make a decent army then you're garbage, also, the game is getting constant updates, stuff is being added or fixed, so calm the **** down.
If this wasn;t a game breaking bug, i would calm down. But how the **** am i supposed to play when losing one fight means you have to waste another 20 hours to get good troops.
You can;t get good troops at villages or towns, you can't get them anywhere untill you're in good relationships with all towns.
You need around 100 fights for a recruit to get lvl 5

Exactly, I took 80 recruits, fought 10 battles, and maybe 10 got leveled up and 20 died. They also get close to 0 xp if you don't fight
i didnt play warband but what i hear it had a similiar perk that scaled with the number of troops atm all recruits gain the passive xp as one recruit witch is not how it was or should be for obvious reasons so i think it will be fixed since they ve talked about not leaving the game with just recruits for the next patch

i didnt play warband but what i hear it had a similiar perk that scaled with the number of troops atm all recruits gain the passive xp as one recruit witch is not how it was or should be for obvious reasons so i think it will be fixed since they ve talked about not leaving the game with just recruits for the next patch
I really hope so, but they've gone from 1 patch a day to 1 patch a week. And most patches are around 5 bug fixes.
Untill they don't make it easier to recruit, i'm not gonna play. Wasted 50 hours on a gameplay which ended in the map fully conquered in 1 year, and now a second gameplay in which I played 30 hours and got a strong army, that lost to recruits. Because a arrow through the chest doesn't even kill a recruit. I have a 40k gold bow,high lvl on archery, and i can't one shot a recruit, I have to shoot 10 arrows in a lvl 6 troop

I really hope so, but they've gone from 1 patch a day to 1 patch a week. And most patches are around 5 bug fixes.
Untill they don't make it easier to recruit, i'm not gonna play. Wasted 50 hours on a gameplay which ended in the map fully conquered in 1 year, and now a second gameplay in which I played 30 hours and got a strong army, that lost to recruits. Because a arrow through the chest doesn't even kill a recruit. I have a 40k gold bow,high lvl on archery, and i can't one shot a recruit, I have to shoot 10 arrows in a lvl 6 troop

Get a horse archer army, it's impossible to be defeated.

So a mod fixed things faster then the devs do?
Individual modders are free to try whatever they want and throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. the game dev team probably has a design in mind and aren't willing to just try different stuff randomly that goes against the design, or implement stop-gaps for bigger things they know are planned to come up later.

This thread is chalk full of hyperbole and someone's petty frustrations, in particular the problem with training troops does not take anywhere near as long as it's been exaggerated.

My army got wiped by a huge force that sauntered out of a hostile city I was passing by (could have escaped, bartered etc but I got cocky). It took me maybe an hour to train 120 khergit nomads into rank 3 or better troops.

Make sure you...
  • Have horses (not mules/sumpters) in your inventory for every infantry unit in your party to increase party movement speed
  • Have a scout to increase party movement speed
  • Go hunt looters. Even rank 1 troops should be able to go toe to toe with an equal number of looters (outnumbering them is ideal). Assign all the units you want to train specifically to their own unique group (heavy cavalry or something even though they're infantry), hold fire/keep any other troops back and send them in line formation to charge at the looters. Even as a non-Vlandian it's EASY leveling.
In case it's not clear from the above movement speed is the most important thing in the game, in particular for training troops.

The pouty statement "I've spent 50 hours playing this game and until it's fixed I won't play anymore :xf-mad:" is ESPECIALLY hilarious. You got 50 hours of play out of a game and you're upset, looool.

So a mod fixed things faster then the devs do?
Currently 2 options for troop xp settings. One for simulated battles and one for other xp gain. Native value is 1x and you can change it as you like. Im using 2x xp gain for sim. and 3x xp gain for other things. Also you can activate xp troop multipier iirr this fix the issue that one troop get 50 xp and it takes forever to upgrade hundreds of soldier.

Btw for your comment,i dont know what to say. Devs probably focusing to fixing performance issues and bugs rather than adding/changing things in game. But yeah i think its bad modders gives more efford to improve gameplay atm

• Go hunt looters. Even rank 1 troops should be able to go toe to toe with an equal number of looters (outnumbering them is ideal). Assign all the units you want to train specifically to their own unique group (heavy cavalry or something even though they're infantry), hold fire/keep any other troops back and send them in line formation to charge at the looters. Even as a non-Vlandian it's EASY leveling.
les/sumpters) in your inventory for every infantry unit in your party to increase party movement speed

hunting looters is bad in the beta 600 vs 3 looters you get 60 deaths no joke
vlandian or not its the same culture bonuses dont work

Back
Top Bottom