Why is the Imperial Legionary's polearm a downgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Boop

Recruit
One of the things that irks me the most about the imperial troop line is how upgrading an Imperial Veteran Infantryman to a Legionary cuts their polearm's length by about half.

Veteran infantrymen on the left, legionary on the right:
nGBQTAn.png

This makes no sense. By upgrading a unit you should always be getting upgrades instead of trade-offs, unless it's a unit that branches into two different troop lines.

Ey what's up, man. Whenever I turn on this game I just sigh at the spears. "Just use them, please?" and they just whip out their swords and have spears looking like wacky-waving-inflatible-arm-flailing-tubeman's

To me, they shouldn't have spears on their backs but oh well.
I agree, this makes the Menavliaton kind of useless, because why would you choose a unit with a spear, when there's a unit with spear AND shield. Not that spears actually matter at this point.

I agree, this makes the Menavliaton kind of useless, because why would you choose a unit with a spear, when there's a unit with spear AND shield. Not that spears actually matter at this point.
YES YES YES. You read my mind good sir. Like they can have pilas thats cool but they just have a big ass spear.

A shorter polearm isn't necessarily a downgrade. Llegionaries were built to fight in close quarters, where a short polearm can actually have advantages. The way to fight with a traditional length polearm is to back off and make space for yourself to get in a good thrust. With shorter polearms you can fight with them in tight quarters.

One of the things that irks me the most about the imperial troop line is how upgrading an Imperial Veteran Infantryman to a Legionary cuts their polearm's length by about half.

Veteran infantrymen on the left, legionary on the right:
nGBQTAn.png

This makes no sense. By upgrading a unit you should always be getting upgrades instead of trade-offs, unless it's a unit that branches into two different troop lines.
the right one is a pila its for throwing. It has the highest dmg on all throwing weapons. They can oneshot heavy armored horses plus they fly pretty far.

The Menavlion is more of an anti infantry weapon than anti cav. Thats why they are labeled as shock infantry aswell.

Last edited:
The polearms they have are ehm... throwing spears. If theyre using them as normal spears that sounds kinda stupid.

The PILA (the one for the legionare) Is also bugged atm. Cant be thrown and has VERY low damage.

Back
Top Bottom