WHY is the class system staying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Currently, Bannerlord MP is boring for me.
After having read a bit about the class system, I have to say that I would now like to see it gone.
Snowballing seems to be an issue, even in just casual play.

My routine:
I start MP and join f.e. TDM.
I spawn as a starter class a bit above peasant level.
I die, because
- I played bad and was outmatched on equal terms
- I had not enough good gear
- I got surrounded

To put this in FPS-terms:
- We start with same guns
- I die, I lose my rifle, just have a pistol left while the enemy gets a homing missile
- My teammembers died as well, so we got a problem here...
- We die again, now we got only knives while the opponents got themselves some tanks

This happens again and again because I simply can't afford good enough gear without having to deathgrind. And I for one do not want to play as a peasant. While the good players are on the top with good gear, bad players stay at the bottom. This might make these players leave after a certain time, because there is no enjoyment for them in being cannon fodder.

My suggestion would be:
Bring back an unlock via a level system and/or Warband's gold system in order to be able to identify with our own character better
Delete low level classes and make the factions only put a somewhat professional army on the field if not for the suggestion above
Some classes are out of my taste, simply put. Not even other perks make me want to play those.

In addition, playing against some "classes" is never fun. Classes with shields f.e. ruin my experience. I never want to use them if I am not currently under attack by ranged units. It is boring to defend with a shield. And it is not only boring to fight against one, but really frustrating. It should break in 2-3 hits, because it is basically autoblocking, which is cheating when you do not have shields. The fun of this game comes to me from nice, equal, skillful combat f.e. with 2h moderately damaging swords. I do not want shields gone tho, by no means.

I have no fun playing a boring game and a lot of things add up to this boringness.
Game is Art. And a game can be good without anyone playing this game as art is subjective.
However, while I see that this was otherly envisioned, I would suggest for a new vision.

Last edited:
"It should break in 2-3 hits, because it is basically autoblocking, which is cheating when you do not have shields. " not really a point in having shields if they break in 2-3 hits lol, i think making this a 2h hero only game would kill it even quicker ^^

"It should break in 2-3 hits, because it is basically autoblocking, which is cheating when you do not have shields. " not really a point in having shields if they break in 2-3 hits lol, i think making this a 2h hero only game would kill it even quicker ^^
3-4 then? :party: Most fights take too long and someone else joins to outnumber one.
Bashing attack and then only right-clicking to block, over and over again is absolutely no fun against real people.
(*clack*-*clack*-*clack*-*clack*-*clack*-*clack*-*clackkclack*-*cling*-*clackkclack*-*shieldbreak*-*cling*-*slash*-*clack*-*slash*-*dead*)
Kicking does not stun enough and it is pretty hard to pull off anyway. Combat feels worse than in SP and Warband MP. I have not studied it enough to make an educated guess on what exactly would need some amount of fixing. While combat in SP is fun, it is broken in MP.

Of course I did not expect anything I would love from the get go in EA.

Warband MP -> You can customize your gear just like in your SP power fantasy and be special (be a smith with low armor but your custom-made 2H; be a tank with 3 shields and a sword)
Bannerlord MP -> You can be a peasant, a nobody, noone likes you anyway, you can stick around so other players can slash you (you are bad, have a pitchfork; you are good, go kill others)

In theory, both have a class system. Warband's is imo more moderate and allows for more variety, without exactly looking at the numbers here I'd say. In both games gold is being earned after all. This could be due to the absence of battle mode as well as siege mode and combat not working as intended (I assume).

Last edited:
Playing with a shield is skill-based the same way playing without it is. Not taking a shield was never truly viable in a competitive environment and honestly, it should stay that way. 2 handers offer 3 - 4 times the damage of 1 handed weapon and are balanced by not being viable against ranged units. The shield combat, even though it's worse than in Warband and not as fun, still requires you to understand timings, not to mention that with the current block settings, it's impossible to play without a shield against 2 skilled people at once. If you want to play 2 handers fiesta, you can transition to Mordhau. Shields protect against ranged units, cavalry couches and multiple enemies at once, wanting them to break after 5 hits is very subjective and probably even selfish suggestion.

Playing with a shield is skill-based the same way playing without it is. Not taking a shield was never truly viable in a competitive environment and honestly, it should stay that way. 2 handers offer 3 - 4 times the damage of 1 handed weapon and are balanced by not being viable against ranged units. The shield combat, even though it's worse than in Warband and not as fun, still requires you to understand timings, not to mention that with the current block settings, it's impossible to play without a shield against 2 skilled people at once. If you want to play 2 handers fiesta, you can transition to Mordhau. Shields protect against ranged units, cavalry couches and multiple enemies at once, wanting them to break after 5 hits is very subjective and probably even selfish suggestion.

I personally find shields and how they work in Bannerlord way more fun and exciting, regardless which end of the shield I'm at, than in Warband. I just wish they remove the force field they implemented in Bannerlord, was more fun without it.

I personally find shields and how they work in Bannerlord way more fun and exciting, regardless which end of the shield I'm at, than in Warband. I just wish they remove the force field they implemented in Bannerlord, was more fun without it.

So you want the game to be an archer-paradise for people who cannot melee in a game that has deeper melee combat out of anything, what was fun exactly by getting your legs shot by archers 24/7?

So you want the game to be an archer-paradise for people who cannot melee in a game that has deeper melee combat out of anything, what was fun exactly by getting your legs shot by archers 24/7?

Yes, that is exactly what I want. Medieval CS with heat-seeking arrows and bolts. Horses that shoots lasers out of their ass as they fly by at mach 3.

Damn, I was almost surprised that I would not find here another thread about how class system sucks ass with Tork arguing that everything is fine and people hating on it are just minority of playerbase.
I can agree that it kind of works with skirmish, beyond that it's just pure garbage and another sign of ignorance by TaleWorlds.
Just give us modding tools already so I can actually enjoy this game.

Btw. thanks for the good laugh Tork, never change. One of the biggest hypocrites in MaB community lmao.

Back
Top Bottom