WHY is the class system staying?

Users who are viewing this thread

But hey. Even if it'd be true, wouldn't dumbing down the game to make it more accessible be a good thing? As it gets more people to get into multiplayer? Well that's just my weird logic.

Why would dumbing down be good in the first place. It's just putting band aid on an issue and say it's fixed

also for you:
20200519_073938.jpg

great idea to attract new players, meanwhile sieges are not playable in multiplayer because nobody queues up for them.

I'm just wondering. What makes you think that the class system is the reason (or one of the main reasons) why multiplayer is getting abandoned?
  1. The multiple threads since August from experienced players citing it as one of the reasons Bannerlord is not a fun game to play.
  2. Conversations I've had in Discord, Reddit, and with some of my friends who played multiplayer for several hours, only to become bored by only having a handful of choices on what to play as.
It's not the only thing, but it's a big contributing factor.
Also, friendly reminder that your first argument was one big ad hominem as well, so do keep that in mind as you continue to call it on other people.

Some users spamming complains against the class system doesnt speak for all the community. Ppl who has something to complain off will go to the forum and do it, ppl who not just will ignore the topic.
Except for the fact that I actually play MP and see people constantly complaining about it in-game too.

This is not an argument I want to have because like I said, I totally understand your point of view. Its just a matter of personal preference.

Just to give you another thing that the developers kept in mind whilst choosing for this system is the ability to recognize certain troops. For example if you see a armoured inf, you kind of know what you are up against. When you take a fully customizable system like in warband, you can't really know what youre up against by looking at your enemy from far away.
Really? You can't spot someone holding a bow? You can't spot someone riding a horse? You can't spot someone holding a spear?

With using the logic of "recognizing certain troops..." Archers shouldn't have 2 handers or shields, and infantry shouldn't be able to pick up a bow and use it as effectively as an archer. And an archer shouldn't be able to hop on a horse. If recognizing troops was the issue, we wouldn't be able to do those things in the game now.

People are free to enjoy playing with a class system. Its all irrelevant because when the community makes a mod with gear selection as its core feature the entirety of MP will jump over to that. Im sure tork will have a blast defending taleworlds on empty servers. The only way he can win an argument is if there is nobody on the server with him. Hes playing the long game.

Won't the mods and server files take care of how restrictive the class system is? I thought we could just make a new class system as I don't think Taleworlds will have dedicated servers for long. Especially given the fact we don't have many dedicated servers as is

People are free to enjoy playing with a class system. Its all irrelevant because when the community makes a mod with gear selection as its core feature the entirety of MP will jump over to that. Im sure tork will have a blast defending taleworlds on empty servers. The only way he can win an argument is if there is nobody on the server with him. Hes playing the long game.
That's not irrelevant just because the community will mod it. Not having it natively will negatively deteriorate the potential player base that could have enjoyed the content that should have been in. Not everyone will care enough to mod this game unless they were prior fans already.

I just don't get why taleworlds is so vehemently deadset in forcing the class system. Literally everyone talks about how much they hate it all the time.

I just don't get why taleworlds is so vehemently deadset in forcing the class system. Literally everyone talks about how much they hate it all the time.

Theyhave their own vision of the game and they are free to enforce it. We just know that over time, the vision (as it is now) will kill the vanilla MP.

We should make a dev team and wait till unreal engine 5 drops and make the best medieval third person warband successor tbh, because that vision enforcing is definitely going to kill the game. 40 players on searching during peak hours yesterday in EU is extremely demoralizing. I think of installing mercenaries for warband and return to that.

We should make a dev team and wait till unreal engine 5 drops and make the best medieval third person warband successor tbh, because that vision enforcing is definitely going to kill the game. 40 players on searching during peak hours yesterday in EU is extremely demoralizing. I think of installing mercenaries for warband and return to that.

Bannerlord has a low population mainly because of the lack of ranked system and custom servers. You will see a large influx of players when the community servers come out. Having a different approach to class-system and tweaked combat would of course help with those players staying for longer periods and even attract more people. I do not see people staying for long in multiplayer, though features like skins and class-look customization might encourage people to grind, ranks ditto. Honestly, this game could be much better gameplay-wise and I am immensely frustrated, the class system isn't even such a big deal and could be optimized to work just fine, it will just take a bit more work than what was done until now. Callum said that they might create a group of players that will help developers with tweaking and feedback, so there's a spark of hope that they will listen to them - if the group ever happens. Whatever, no point arguing in 10 threads about the same things all over again. Honestly, all the people saying that we should let TW do what they are currently doing - I want to see how your opinion shifts in a year when the Vanilla is mostly dead because they haven't listened.

Callum has said many things in the past like a competitive community QnA in which he received a plethora of questions but never answered them. I doubt they will drop their pride and actually form a player council to advise on the game. Call me pessimistic but I hope I am wrong. I agree on servers attracting players, the question is for how long they are going to stay in the game though. The problem with community servers is that ranking up becomes impossible since the progress only counts on matchmaking as it stands now.

1. The multiple threads since August from experienced players citing it as one of the reasons Bannerlord is not a fun game to play.
  2. Conversations I've had in Discord, Reddit, and with some of my friends who played multiplayer for several hours, only to become bored by only having a handful of choices on what to play as.
It's not the only thing, but it's a big contributing factor.
Also, friendly reminder that your first argument was one big ad hominem as well, so do keep that in mind as you continue to call it on other people.
Those are Veteran players. You don't get a new player's perspective on the whole matter. And my personal experience is overall positive. Since the launch of Bannerlord I had around 30-50 new members join my clan and none of them complain about the class system. My old members don't complain about it either. So my view on the whole matter, as well as my clan's view (about 150-200 people) is that the class system part of the game and we don't have a problem with it at all.

Also, I'd like to you see quote the part of my first argument which was ad hominem. Friendly reminder. An ad hominem argument is mainly something like "You have property x, so everything you say is naught". Did I do that? Nope. The "entitled" part was the argument.

Perfect examples of ad hominem can be found on this page as well (the weeb trying to front me with weeb humour)
Saying that the his first point (the question why dumbing down a game would be good in the first place) is not to be considered, due to the fact that he's a weeb, would be ad hominem. That cleared things up for you?

Really? You can't spot someone holding a bow? You can't spot someone riding a horse? You can't spot someone holding a spear?

With using the logic of "recognizing certain troops..." Archers shouldn't have 2 handers or shields, and infantry shouldn't be able to pick up a bow and use it as effectively as an archer. And an archer shouldn't be able to hop on a horse. If recognizing troops was the issue, we wouldn't be able to do those things in the game now.

Actually yes you are right. With this message, TaleWorlds basically contradicts their own words. They mentioned that the ability to recocnize troops is an important factor in the development of Bannelord, yet we see fully armoured infantries picking up bows and using them with same accuracy and speed. This is just outrageous. How can a soldier that is trained in infantry fighting know how to effectively shoot a bow. To be quite honest, another thing should be taken into consideration too, as far as horse riding goes. Cavalry soldiers are trained to ride horses effectively and will thus know how to be manouverable or agile with the horse. The same cannot be said from archers.. In my opinion they should have reduced horse riding skills..

So you are implying that medieval warriors could not have archery training because they were infantry men? I've seen you argue about realism on threads and how couch lance should be spammable as it is now because its 'realistic' yet you fail to see the realism on medieval infantry having archery skills or cavalry skills. That's not how realism and history works, so pick which one you want, fun and balanced gameplay or realism.

Back
Top Bottom