WHY is the class system staying?

Users who are viewing this thread

I understand your point of view. All I am saying is that you should wait it out a bit because the class system might become more customizable than you would expect.

Anyways, CRPG is great as a mod for those that like the grinding and all. But this is not the main idea of the game XD

Please elaborate on how class system can outweigh the customization of the perfectly-made (yet averagely balanced) hybrid class system of warband. I see everyone claiming that BL class system can become something great, yet I see no reasons and no examples, like ever.

This is not an argument I want to have because like I said, I totally understand your point of view. Its just a matter of personal preference.

Just to give you another thing that the developers kept in mind whilst choosing for this system is the ability to recognize certain troops. For example if you see a armoured inf, you kind of know what you are up against. When you take a fully customizable system like in warband, you can't really know what youre up against by looking at your enemy from far away.

That's a very poor excuse, I never had any problem in warband recognizing the gear weight of my enemy or the weapon they had, even on mods that had a huge variety of armor and weapons. I wont even talk about native because you can learn to recognize certain gear within 2 hours of gameplay. I mean seriously, that excuse gets thrown around as a serious feature of the class system? Visibility? Really?

Regardless, I have also seen arguements on the pro-developer side that highlight: Steamrolling, balance, unified armies, viability. All of the 4 on current state are highly disliked.

Highly disliked by you, yes.

Doubtful that I am the only one disliking obvious mismanagement. Steamrolling exists worse than warband, balance is nonexistant and 50% of the classes are bad, unified armies are boring because this is a video game and players like to customize.Viability already mentioned on the line about balance. The population of the game does not lie.

The evidence is overwhelming that people dislike the class system and some of you still claim the opposite.

In the meantime there is nothing that support that the majority likes it

Y'all delusional

just food for thought- i dont want to throw myself in this fruitless discussion but generally speaking people only get vocal about things when they see a reason to complain. A lot of people are motivated to voice their frustrations about the class system because it annoys them, but nobody who enjoys it has any insentive to make posts and threads about that (except tork).

Its not outlandish to claim that there very well might be a lot of people who like, or just arent bothered by, the class system.

Angry+Marx+by+Mav+Adecer

just food for thought- i dont want to throw myself in this fruitless discussion but generally speaking people only get vocal about things when they see a reason to complain. A lot of people are motivated to voice their frustrations about the class system because it annoys them, but nobody who enjoys it has any insentive to make posts and threads about that (except tork).

Its not outlandish to claim that there very well might be a lot of people who like, or just arent bothered by, the class system.

Angry+Marx+by+Mav+Adecer

Except there have been countless threads and the reddit post asking people what they think about it. And it was still overwhelming negative about it.

Your claim is right but at some point it starts to stop being what it is. When something is overwhelming then you know its not something only a vocal minority talks about.

Angry+Marx+by+Mav+Adecer

Not bothered by the very backbone and crucial system that enables what units can do and can't means that these people will probably not be here within a month and will jump to the next game that comes out. So I can't take these people seriously or value them as anything than just a passing customer of the franchise. People dont post about how they like the class system because nobody likes the class system or they dont care about multiplayer at all. We live in 2020, classes are 1990, people want to tailor experiences to their own taste.

Faebio makes a fair point. As an intelligent man, of course I didn't expect any different from him :razz:

I'm still waiting on your claims about the class system being good. Feel free to stop praising Tork's laughable posts and other neutral users like Faebio and answer your own arguements.

I'm still waiting on your claims about the class system being good. Feel free to stop praising Tork's laughable posts and other neutral users like Faebio and answer your own arguements.
The class system works for some gamemodes, but for majority it doesn't. I wouldn't call it bad but people don't like it and that's a fact.

Obviously we going to have some joe saying otherwise waiting for it.

The class system works for some gamemodes, but for majority it doesn't. I wouldn't call it bad but people don't like it and that's a fact.

Obviously we going to have some joe saying otherwise waiting for it.

Sorry, I should have rephrased that. I speak about Skirmish and siege to some extent. But Skirmish mostly. He claimed class could be phenomenal, not just good. I'm still waiting for his reasoning.

A lot of people are motivated to voice their frustrations about the class system because it annoys them, but nobody who enjoys it has any insentive to make posts and threads about that (except tork).
On contrary Tork is motivated by his own frustration over people not understanding the concept. He doesn't just come on forums to praise the system. So there's no exceptions here.

@DainMorgot I need a coffee, and by that I mean: bring me my coffee!

Cool, cool. Glad we agree that there are no arguements to being pro-class. Enjoy your coffee. I hope you're having it black, sugar is bad.

On contrary Tork is motivated by his own frustration over people not understanding the concept. He doesn't just come on forums to praise the system. So there's no exceptions here.

The concept is flawed. Everybody understands it, nobody likes it.

Minority of fans disliking a system does not qualify the said system as unsuccessful or unfun.

Sorry, you are wrong. All polls are very evident and the recent reddit post - made an official member of the TW dev team - showcase this even further. Even if you ignore upvotes, the most recent answers declare class system as not likable. The minority is clearly the people who like it. Thanks for the effort though.

Pro-class system trolling stopped being interesting long time ago fyi. Move on

If he trolls then it's understandable, because he clearly can't utilize classes in the game.

Back
Top Bottom