WHY is the class system staying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry, you are wrong. All polls are very evident and the recent reddit post - made an official member of the TW dev team - showcase this even further. Even if you ignore upvotes, the most recent answers declare class system as not likable. The minority is clearly the people who like it. Thanks for the effort though.
I'm sorry but we've been over this and none of this indicates neither a minority or a majority, it's simply not how statistics work.

Pro-class system trolling stopped being interesting long time ago fyi. Move on.
Also these threads don't make sence anymore, ever since november its pretty clear why they are staying, it's just that noone wants to talk about thay anymore.
Having an opinion different to yours isn't trolling fyi.
Also apparently it's not clear to everyone.

Trolling is using the same sentence someone else used on you just before, but in a reveresed way, elementary school style. I see it's not clear to several individuals, i'm so sorry because of that.
I'll leave you to it.

Based on when it was originally introduced as an idea, all the way through beta, and up until now. It has always been negatively received and continues to be a problem as they are not even close to being implemented correctly. And they probably never will be.

No one in that thread praises the class system either.
Some users spamming complains against the class system doesnt speak for all the community. Ppl who has something to complain off will go to the forum and do it, ppl who not just will ignore the topic.

just food for thought- i dont want to throw myself in this fruitless discussion but generally speaking people only get vocal about things when they see a reason to complain. A lot of people are motivated to voice their frustrations about the class system because it annoys them, but nobody who enjoys it has any insentive to make posts and threads about that (except tork).

Its not outlandish to claim that there very well might be a lot of people who like, or just arent bothered by, the class system.
With the exception of the very occasional obviously hyperbolic statement, nobody is actually suggesting that every single person hates the class system. What is significant is that Reddit has an upvote system, which allows people to quickly read and immediately voice their support for something without typing anything out. And the outcome is clear: reddit has roughly the same level of dislike for the class system, based on posts and upvotes. And Reddit's community average is probably more casual. Everywhere this springs up leads to the same outcome.

Also, the class system works fine in Captain's Mode, which is where most of the people that like the system probably hang out, which is why they like it.

That most people dislike the class system is now irrefutable, and those arguing against it no longer even have their flimsy footing to stand on. Younes is right, we've moved into the realm of downright delusion now.

Some users spamming complains against the class system doesnt speak for all the community. Ppl who has something to complain off will go to the forum and do it, ppl who not just will ignore the topic.

There are polls and the official feedback thread on reddit that a TW developer made. The message is rather clear. I also see in-game discussions about the class system and it does not look good there anyway. Captain being the exception where the class system is fine.

Too much sense for some people here. They've been told that countless times with different phrasings by different people, but they don't budge.

How can one assume that people will prefer restriction over freedom? It's beyond me.

People have bad taste or are passively aggressively mad because they were bad at warband and they blame naked 2 handers because of their inability to block or fast slash. Quite funny how bannerlord was presented to people as a competitive-minded supporting game, then they put classes which is clearly a dumbed down aspect of competition. And then you have competitive games like CSGO and the up-coming Valorant having freedom of arsenal customization, Mordhau which has a huge variety of items, the upcoming chivalry 2 etc. Different opinions, sure, bad taste 10 times sure.

There are polls and the official feedback thread on reddit that a TW developer made. The message is rather clear. I also see in-game discussions about the class system and it does not look good there anyway. Captain being the exception where the class system is fine.
In any poll complaining about anything you will get mostly positive results because ppl go to the forums to press for it, but ppl dont go to the forums to agree with the current statement because its already as they like it. 400 upvotes in a forum doesnt represent the feeling of all the community.

How can one assume that people will prefer restriction over freedom? It's beyond me.
Yes, you are right. in fact, i think devs should give the players the freedom of fly and breath fire. Dont you think?

In any poll complaining about anything you will get mostly positive results because ppl go to the forums to press for it, but ppl dont go to the forums to agree with the current statement because its already as they like it. 400 upvotes in a forum doesnt represent the feeling of all the community.

Airtalk. Countless polls, even within different communities where reddit is much more neutral and pro-single player. The evidence is enough and by enough people who play multiplayer. At least skirmish, not the meme captain mode.

Yes, you are right. in fact, i think devs should give the players the freedom of fly and breath fire. Dont you think?

Freedom is a broad word, there is freedom within the game's realistic border and exaggerated examples like yours. Your smartass attempt failed. That said, provide arguements about your pro-class preference, so far you have argued with nothing other than the already-proven wrong ''not representative by the community'' arguement.

I'm sorry but we've been over this and none of this indicates neither a minority or a majority, it's simply not how statistics work.

Having 2 different sources of user input with very similar results suggests that if we had a third source, it is likely that it will have similar numbers again... and the more different sources, the more likely it is that it's a globally-spread opinion. Of course, 2 sources consisting of maybe 800 inputs aren't enough to deduce, but the point stays the same, from all the feedback there is, most of it has been negative - stop fighting it.

just food for thought- i dont want to throw myself in this fruitless discussion but generally speaking people only get vocal about things when they see a reason to complain. A lot of people are motivated to voice their frustrations about the class system because it annoys them, but nobody who enjoys it has any insentive to make posts and threads about that (except tork).

Its not outlandish to claim that there very well might be a lot of people who like, or just arent bothered by, the class system.
If we're going to make assumptions & sweeping generalizations about how people interact with each other online, here's more food for thought: the best way to get a correct answer on the internet isn't to ask your question, it's to post a wrong answer. If so many people are happy with the class system, why are they not coming to any platform to correct those who post examples & explanations of why they think it's bad? We have a handful here, such as Tork, who do exactly that, but they're the minority of people willing to discuss the issue.

The entire line of argument that feedback posted on the forum doesn't accurately reflect the opinions of the player base at large is self-defeating because the same argument can be used about any optional feedback source TW has, which are often used un-ironically as counterpoints to the feedback on this forum. The patch surveys in alpha/beta, reddit, even Steam reviews all disproportionately over-represent people who are willing to provide feedback in the first place. Response rates for internal online surveys of any kind are typically 40% or less, while external surveys usually top out at 15%, and I would assume that willingness to register to a platform & participate in long-form discussion or invest time into writing a meaningful review is much lower still. It's statistically likely that we have an unaccounted for majority that simply doesn't care enough to tell us how they feel about it either way, so all we can go on is the data we do have from the people who did bother to engage and respond. Of that, we don't have the patch survey results from beta and almost certainly never will. That leaves us with public platforms like this forum, reddit, and Steam, where reception of the class system can be gauged by the responses in discussions & polls about it.

To say, then, at this point in time, that general attitudes about the class system are positive--or neutral at worst--is preposterous. The data we have is all we're likely to get, so any hypothesis put forth which disagrees with the data (like those sweeping generalizations) renders the following conclusions nothing more than opinions (no disrespect to Faebio, I'm not calling anyone out here). Trying to dismiss the only data we have by saying it's not representative of the whole just begs the questions: what data do you have which supports any other conclusion, and what is your standard for an acceptable response rate? Arguing the validity of the data is always valid, but we also have to be realistic about our data collection standards. To use a number cited by Cochus, if 400 people vote on an online forum about this issue, that's way more than the number of people who took the time to post about it and therefore more representative of the whole. If that poll result happens to agree with what's being said by the majority of people who are engaging in discussion then it only reinforces the notion that the result is accurate.

Airtalk. Countless polls, even within different communities where reddit is much more neutral and pro-single player. The evidence is enough and by enough people who play multiplayer. At least skirmish, not the meme captain mode.

Freedom is a broad word, there is freedom within the game's realistic border and exaggerated examples like yours. Your smartass attempt failed. That said, provide arguements about your pro-class preference, so far you have argued with nothing other than the already-proven wrong ''not representative by the community'' arguement.

Countless polls made always by the same ppl, who at the same time vote in the polls of the other users making the same. Thats just noise, no the community opinion.

And where is the game realistic border?? I dont consider a naked guy with a 2h sword within that limits honestly. And it isnt just about realism, its a lot harder to balance a game with the old system. You say it gives more variety? I can see more variety in bannerlord multiplayer than in warbang multiplayer, where everyone was picking always the same OP builds.

Countless polls made always by the same ppl, who at the same time vote in the polls of the other users making the same. Thats just noise, no the community opinion.

And where is the game realistic border?? I dont consider a naked guy with a 2h sword within that limits honestly. And it isnt just about realism, its a lot harder to balance a game with the old system. You say it gives more variety? I can see more variety in bannerlord multiplayer than in warbang multiplayer, where everyone was picking always the same OP builds.

I disagree, the game has very obvious realistic borders, in medieval times if someone was stupid and wanted to take off his armor and fight naked, he theoritically could do it. Dragons do not exist. So freedom is a broad term, at this point you just talk **** and answer just for the sake of answering, without putting any thought into your very own arguements.

All this arguementation is moot, they have said they are not changing it, and if they were they would have done it or started doing it already.

I for sure thought after the success of cRPG and Mercenaries that multiplayer for Bannerlord would lean towards MORE customization, not less. But alas, Taleworlds wrongly assumed that the same playerbase that played the singleplayer game where they have full customization over their character would find it too hard to customize their characters loadout online...

same OP builds.

Please explain what these OP builds were?

Quite frankly, the ''success of cRPG'' doesn't accurately represent the Bannerlord community as a whole. It is quite nice that the specific type of players that liked cRPG, indeed liked it. However, what about the players that didn't like cRPG (such as myself and honestly, many others)?

Your argument it simply not valid enough to actually mean something because it does not take into consideration the community as a whole.

At this moment in time we just don't have much statistics when it comes to saying what the community actually wants.

Back
Top Bottom