Why is Tactics so focused on simulation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Because even if TW knew how to translate it into the game, they wouldn't care enough to do so.
They are already getting massive support for patch notes that change stat numbers on troops and fix rare bugs, why try harder?
AFAIK they are planning some 'Order of Battle' feature, whatever that means. Maybe some of the Tactics stuff will be part of that.

As I understand it, this skill and it's corresponding perk tree is better used for lords and companions you want to lead armies. Personally don't need it yourself as if it's a truly hard battle then the player character can be the one to tip the balance with his presence.

Simulations being useful in Bannerlord is an absolute godsend for clearing up looters and other bandits, once you've fought one you've fought them all. When my party reaches a certain size that I can auto resolve caravans with 0-2 losses then I will also be doing that.

There is literally nothing fun about parking my archers up and having them mow down 10 looters before they even reach the lines, about charging 50 cav into 5 sea raiders, or spending 10 minutes chasing a lone caravan master with my infantry. People rag on the simulated battles but Warbands auto resolve was absolute garbage and I'm glad this is one of the areas they improved on. An entire perk tree that makes them even stronger is great.

Back
Top Bottom