Why is every single NPC ugly as sin....and white?

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean seriously my choices of spouse is ugly or even uglier. Dont get me started on every male(edit: and female) NPC regardless of factional culture looking either like a old grizzly white dude or young grumpy white dude.

Wheres our cultural diversity?

Just FYI, im white.

Last edited:
you can travel from one end of calradia to the other in a couple of days, so my guess would be severe inbreeding.

Fully agreed I also find it weird by how ugly most of the characters are. It's not like the character creation doesn't allow for creating good looking characters. I just think they used randomise option and went with it, but because of that almost all NPCs have unrealistically asymmetric and weird looking faces.
unknown.png

I'm sure it's something that sooner or later will get fixed or simply changed by modders :smile:

There are some good looking ones. Also I noticed some helmets can make the faces look really ugly.
But yes asymmetry is a bit too common.

Maybe all the wars in Calradia just took its toll on the people :grin:

I mean I get what your saying...but I think there are far more prevalent matters at hand..like the dozens of bugs that crash the game etc.

There are a few sliders which should just be disabled (set to middle position) for most characters. Specifically the alignment ones of eyes, nose, face, mouth. Everyone who don't have that on the middle will look misformed.

But yea it's early access. They can fix this by altering the "randomize" function to omit changes to those sliders.

Yea the females in particular all look very erhm... special.

As for why they're all white.. well the world is clearly based on medieval europe and small parts of asia/north africa, so you'd expect the majority of people to be white wouldn't you?

That said I do think that most characters reflect the area they come from. The face generator kinda leaves all faces with the same general "feel" to em, but if you look at the characters based on their starter faction theres clear logic to it. The northern characters almost all have fair skin where as the more southern have darker complexions and hair.

As a history professor I'd like to express, first an opinion, and second a valid point.

First, and foremost...I hope this series doesn't turn into some odd cultural soup for the sake of political correctness.
Second,If a game, say Resident Evil, is set in Asia...I expect the overwhelming majority of characters and zombies to have Asian features.
A clear example what not to do is State of Decay 2, where the mid west is populated overwhelmingly by minority groups for no reason what so ever. Conversely if State of Decay 2 was set in California or Florida, then I would understand completely its change.

If the lore(history) can explain it, based on geographical reasoning (geography changes weather, weather affects culture as well as skin tone) then there is no problem whatsoever.

Last edited:
As a history professor I'd like to express, first and opinion, and second a valid point.

First, and foremost...I hope this series doesn't turn into some odd cultural soup for the sake of political correctness.
Second,If a game, say Resident Evil, is set in Asia...I expect the overwhelming majority of characters and zombies to have Asian features.
A clear example of this is State of Decay 2, where the mid west is populated overwhelmingly by minority groups for no reason what so ever. Conversely if State of Decay 2 was set in California or Florida, then I would understand completely its change.

If the lore(history) can explain it, based on geographical reasoning (geography changes weather, weather affects culture as well as skin tone) then there is no problem whatsoever.
Yea I pretty much agree here... I also expand this to fictional worlds though. If a world is clearly inspired by say, asian culture, I'd expect the people there to look asian.. unless there's a specific in-world lore reason for that not to be the case.

As a history professor I'd like to express, first and opinion, and second a valid point.

A clear example of this is State of Decay 2, where the mid west is populated overwhelmingly by minority groups for no reason what so ever. Conversely if State of Decay 2 was set in California or Florida, then I would understand completely its change.

Well i find in Warband the Khergit cultural actually looked like Mongols same with Sarranid, in Bannerlord they just like tanned white people. lol

Back
Top Bottom