Why is charm highlighted when assigning a governor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a note. I see a lot fo these flawed references in the code. It looks very sloppy to me. Over these two years this is my main concern witrh the game, this poor effort of attaching the good trait or character name or perk to the right asset.

I have no idea why this is so heavily present in Bannerlord.

Last edited:
I think at some point (pre EA) charm and Stewart were either split into 2 skills or swaped. I don't remember the specifics but in some early versions tool tips would mention charm in place of stewardship or vice versa. Or maybe it was leadership? Idunno but yeah it's weird.

I think at some point (pre EA) charm and Stewart were either split into 2 skills or swaped. I don't remember the specifics but in some early versions tool tips would mention charm in place of stewardship or vice versa. Or maybe it was leadership? Idunno but yeah it's weird.

Seen that the game will be released soon, i think this should be adressed.Stewardship is needed to know to assign a governor.

Maybe is highlighted because of emissary scaling from charm, as steward mostly affects it with perks that are shown below?

Could be, but the character i chose is the best Goverenor, still it shows the skill (charm) as 0. So it is very counterintuitive.

Also it has no real benefit to look at the skill next to the portrait, as it is all about the extras below it.

What i would like to see is the best (governor) skill, that influences the perks below in the Governor screen. OR no skill picture at all.

Maybe even better:
Per perk, show the benefits from that perk for that character.
The benefits are now one long line that is not scrollable. It is annoying to wait for the benefits to finish autorolling.

Well Charm does have Perks for Governor, and it does raise relations. So in a sense it's probably one of the best skills for a Governor.

I don't think Steward as a skill alone has any appreciable effect on the Fief. i.e. It's not like a high Steward skill increases taxes anything. It's just running a Town/Castle grants Steward XP.

Perks/Culture is what it all comes down to for good Governance. Unless someone has proof otherwise? The Clan panel there should show the highest skill an NPC has really, rather than any one fixed skill.

Well Charm does have Perks for Governor, and it does raise relations. So in a sense it's probably one of the best skills for a Governor.

I don't think Steward as a skill alone has any appreciable effect on the Fief. i.e. It's not like a high Steward skill increases taxes anything. It's just running a Town/Castle grants Steward XP.

Perks/Culture is what it all comes down to for good Governance. Unless someone has proof otherwise? The Clan panel there should show the highest skill an NPC has really, rather than any one fixed skill.

Then as i said the space next to the portrait should be empty because it is misleading. It's all about the extras below anyway. As you said there are more trees with perks for governorship, hence my question, why is it charm? It is only misleading to pick out one of the traits.

Yu're last point i wholeheartedly agree with, yes! the highest skill applicable should be shown.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom