Why is cav Knockdown in Multi ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Cav knockdown makes cav in multi very wierd, the only weapon that can knockdown is a lance and you need to deal about +60dmg, It made light cav very bad, as heavy cav and their lance easly deals the 60dmg knocking light cav down. For some reason standing up takes like 5sec so basicly every cav has 60hp as its very easy to finish someone off after he is down. Also the patchnotes said it was only in singleplayer ??

(also someone might think its the typical cav crying cuz nerf, but it dosent even make sens, only lances can knock down spear and pikes cant ???)
also please dont add it on normal inf spears beacuse it will just result in inf droping the spears for cav, i think the most reasonable solution would be adding it for pike(as it cant be used on horseback) or just deleting it from the game

Last edited:
also please dont add it on normal inf spears beacuse it will just result in inf droping the spears for cav, i think the most reasonable solution would be adding it for pike(as it cant be used on horseback) or just deleting it from the game

This would indeed be a problem, so the solution would probably be to attach the mechanic on the perk which unlocks the weapon (Pike, Billhook and Heavy Inf Spear would be what I prefer) and also make it work only on a certain dmg threshold and certain bodyparts (head, chest, belly), since I like the idea of an additional possibility for Inf to take control advantage from cav, which wouldn’t punish cav to hard imo since a good cav player should avoid getting stabbed in the face anyway.

While writing I recognized that is probably way to complex for the Vision, so just remove it yes….

Personally I'm fine with it if works with anything braceable/couchable. It should probably only work with body/headshots that deal a certain amount of damage though. Part of me wants to see it work for billhooks/bardiches/falx/2h axe too since those weapons are pretty short and if you're getting hit in the head/upper body by them as cav you already messed up.

This would indeed be a problem, so the solution would probably be to attach the mechanic on the perk which unlocks the weapon (Pike, Billhook and Heavy Inf Spear would be what I prefer) and also make it work only on a certain dmg threshold and certain bodyparts (head, chest, belly), since I like the idea of an additional possibility for Inf to take control advantage from cav, which wouldn’t punish cav to hard imo since a good cav player should avoid getting stabbed in the face anyway.

While writing I recognized that is probably way to complex for the Vision, so just remove it yes….
Well you actually have a dmg treshold but its basiclyy just 60dmg and more, i belive to knock someone down you need to hit his torso shoulder or Chest, yet the problem still stands, it made light cav useless

Personally I'm fine with it if works with anything braceable/couchable. It should probably only work with body/headshots that deal a certain amount of damage though. Part of me wants to see it work for billhooks/bardiches/falx/2h axe too since those weapons are pretty short and if you're getting hit in the head/upper body by them as cav you already messed up.
Well the problem is that any damage treshold just means you have less hp in the end effect, beacuse currently after getting hit for 60dmg you fall from your horse, the animation is so long that is most cases you will die anyways, technicaly meaning your max hp is 60. This thing shoulding work Cav to Cav

I dismounted a cav that was not moving with 47 dmg
Well im talking about the cav to cav treshold we also didnt test it to 100% so its possible, i just think there was an mistake made, as singleplayer weapons like menavlion and billhook have this effect, but multi has only Lance. So i asume it was a dev mistake to not remove it ? it wasent in the patchnotes either. I also think if such big mechanics are introduced to multi they should be specificly descriped and not "We take your max hp and knock resistance and than we calculate if you fall down or not" i mean atleast tell me the number its "COMPETETIV" after all

Speaking of cav buffs, is there a reason why cav bumping sensitivity was increased? Now cav can just bump infantry with walking speed. I guess there's a reason to make it easier for bots in sp, considering how trash cav ai is, but it really was not needed for mp.

Speaking of cav buffs, is there a reason why cav bumping sensitivity was increased? Now cav can just bump infantry with walking speed. I guess there's a reason to make it easier for bots in sp, considering how trash cav ai is, but it really was not needed for mp.
I dont think someone working on multi understands the fact that singleplayer AI isnt = Multi Players, Like alot of people say that cav on multi is broken,ok understandable, So why instead of giving "Cavalery braker" a buff by adding the knockdown, they add it to cav vs cav ???? it litterally just made cav duels more ****.

get rekt OP cav. It's already an OP class, but the knockdown just rewards the cav players already abusing the mechanics in-game. It makes it hard for the new cav players if anything.

Well you actually have a dmg treshold but its basiclyy just 60dmg and more, i belive to knock someone down you need to hit his torso shoulder or Chest, yet the problem still stands, it made light cav useless

Don‘t get me wrong, I think it makes absolutely no sense to implement this for cav vs cav only, because imo there is just no need for it and it just makes cav vs cav more random. But I would like to see it implemented for Inf classes only where it makes sense for certain weapons and I am thinking more of a percentage dmg threshold, so if you hit a cav hard enough (80-85% hp) you should get a percentage chance to dismount the cav, which then still has the chance to beat you in melee, or sometimes not, but that is the game.

Don‘t get me wrong, I think it makes absolutely no sense to implement this for cav vs cav only, because imo there is just no need for it and it just makes cav vs cav more random. But I would like to see it implemented for Inf classes only where it makes sense for certain weapons and I am thinking more of a percentage dmg threshold, so if you hit a cav hard enough (80-85% hp) you should get a percentage chance to dismount the cav, which then still has the chance to beat you in melee, or sometimes not, but that is the game.
As i do agree with adding it some way for infs for example to the "Cavalery braker" perk or to Pike i dont belive adding sertain chance based on % would be good for competetiv gameplay, rng isnt usually fun when it comes to skillbased gameplay, if added i would rather it work similar on how it is, hitting a cav for 60dmg to the chest is rare on its own so it should just be rewarded with the knockdown. But i will repeat myself for my mental stake please dont add it to normal spears purely.

Also im still very positive this was done by mistake, so im expecting an anwser from someone from devs cleryfing this.

Keep it as a feature which you can enable in Custom Servers, but turn it off by default. It has no place in competitive games.

In the patch notes thread I commented on this:
While it's true that in SP this type of knockdown may fit well in some form, in MP I don't rule it out outright, however it should be extremely targeted and assigned to a particular weapon of a particular unit (infantry only) via a particular weapon perk just like the pike and bracing mode works.
BUT...
Keep it as a feature which you can enable in Custom Servers, but turn it off by default. It has no place in competitive games.
100% agree. For competitive environments it is true that something like this has no place.

I haven't seen anyone complain. You horse cuks shouldn't be going cav all the time 🤨. Come get sliced and diced with honor.

By the way, spear infantry can dismount them.

I haven't seen anyone complain. You horse cuks shouldn't be going cav all the time 🤨. Come get sliced and diced with honor.

This (accidental) change wasn't a cav nerf. It was a heavy cav buff. Even infantry suffers from this, because lance can even knockdown foot infs.

Spear inf can dismount cav only if inf is using a lance.

Whats wrong with you ? i litterally said they should remove this from cav and give to inf as a perk or give this effect only to pike 🤨

And as i said i really think this was done by mistake, why wouldnt they keep the effect on billhooks menavlions etc, like it is on sp

Back
Top Bottom