Why is camp mechanic non existent anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

Just wondering, maybe a dev could answer, why do you guys think it's not here anymore?

I have no idea since its a pretty useful mechanic I can't remember if it had any bonusess outside of mods but it was pretty neat

Fast paced action does not need a camp menu. It's on to the next battle to 1 hit a tier 6 soldier.
True, you don't need it but you are losing a mechanic that has potential to give some depth to the game. I guess devs will not "waste" any more time with new features, they have a deadline to meet, SOON.

Did it has any other value than reading books?

It could be nice put in place a fatigue mechanic that forced you to rest few hours in a fief/camp from time to time, if it was well implemented it could force you to careful calculate your strickes inside enemy area adding somewhat like a strategic layer.

It could have been implemented with fatigue, and also with a nice Raid mechanic

Imagine you see an Army that is encampt at the moment (it takes some time to build up and "destroy" the camp like in a siege), you can then try to sneak up on them, your army starts as one while the enemy forces are scattered around their camp.
You have a unique camp with tents around you, could even combine that with the Tactics skill tree that at a certain point you could learn a perk that gives you wooden walls or Pikes around your camp with 2-3 entrances.
Or giving you the opportunity that while your army in a camp stance that you can send out some troops of yours to go hunting for food.
You know... like in the mods... from roughly 10 years ago... that everyone liked...

That way the camps could have been used offensively and defensively, but all of that is just nothing more than a dream. This thread will end up in the endless space of this forum with no developer reply and the camp mechanic will stay in Warband.

@cyresdog nice idea. having perks upgrade your camp.
those (like me) that are terrible in battle strategy, could have a way out.
Don't have any hopes tho
Seeing that not even the bare minimum of such a feature is in the game makes it nearly impossible that we ever see something like that in the game.
But they could have fixed several things with that, giving extra depth, more strategy, a new income for early game food and money (hunting), decent perks in the Tactics skill tree line and not having to chase an enemy army or bandits for several months over the map because they are 0.1 faster than you are

Don't have any hopes tho
Seeing that not even the bare minimum of such a feature is in the game makes it nearly impossible that we ever see something like that in the game.
But they could have fixed several things with that, giving extra depth, more strategy, a new income for early game food and money (hunting), decent perks in the Tactics skill tree line and not having to chase an enemy army or bandits for several months over the map because they are 0.1 faster than you are
Depth and strategy are too complex for the average player... this seems to be the idea they're going along with. Other strategy game oriented studios (CA) seem to have the same idea in their heads. Hopefully the things you've suggested can eventually be achieved through modding.

mods will explode in time. we've seen a 12 year old game, warband,
being in the top of moddb for years. i made some scenes in warband.
but then i saw the scene tools they released for bannerlord and i was blown away.
you can recreate everything you want in that system.
now bannerlord is second in moddb, to warband! i find that very interesting.

mods will explode in time. we've seen a 12 year old game, warband,
being in the top of moddb for years. i made some scenes in warband.
but then i saw the scene tools they released for bannerlord and i was blown away.
you can recreate everything you want in that system.
now bannerlord is second in moddb, to warband! i find that very interesting.

Mods will be great for this, it's just gonna be a couple of years

I just hope it doesn't turn into paradox games mods where evry day a mod is released in 0.0.0.1 (EARLY ALPHA) or (EARLY BETA) and then is never updated again

i'm waiting for the big overhauls. they will probably take a lot of time,
but meanwhile the modding teams are (from what i understand) getting familiar
and experiment in the new tools.

Depth and strategy are too complex for the average player... this seems to be the idea they're going along with. Other strategy game oriented studios (CA) seem to have the same idea in their heads. Hopefully the things you've suggested can eventually be achieved through modding.
That is a statement i read more and more often on here, yet the player numbers show that its clearly not the case.
Bannerlord is, just like warband, a game that will never be for the broader spectrum of players. But instead of celebrating that they dump down everything in hoping that it will change. But the only thing that results is that no one is happy

The problem here is always the AI, you can easily built a camp system that is full of features built around it for the player, but applying it to AI often requires a complete rework of how the game works. A camp system, might look realistic and good on paper, but why even add stuff when they are struggling with the things that are core mechanics. Even those might not get fixed and finished, so there is no reason to keep discussing features that require more time and resources and that will not fix the damn game. :facepalm:
BUT, depending on what devs will allow to mod, we might get all of this and more! :party:

Yep, same idea. As attention span short as possible, limited strategy. It's targeted marketing.

I use to love the mods that would allow you to dig in, hell in might have been VC and you would have a little wooden fort to defend. Man I had some epic battles defending those!

I would support this idea only if camps will be necessary and viable thing both for NPC lords and a player. In Warband it was one of an irritating points - NPCs are able to move constantly, but you should make a camp? Made you an easy target for everyone, since they never stop for a camp plus you was never able to catch up with an army for the very same reason - you have to stop for a rest, but not NPCs.

Back
Top Bottom