Why is Bannerlord MP dead? Dev priorities need a shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

be951d980766dd07d9859c08182bf266.png

SP priority modding tools ✅ PRIORITY MAX
MP priority custom servers ❌ NOT EVEN ON FULL RELEASE BOZO
More people care about modding than they care about MP private servers. The proof, if you'd like it, is the fact that BL is still pulling thousands of players while having a barebones and completely lackluster MP experience.
Just because something is smaller in size doesn't mean you have to almost completely ignore it. Literally makes no sense.
It actually makes perfect sense from a business perspective, which is what Taleworlds is. Focus on what is going to attract new players and don't focus on what doesn't. They should release Private servers, and even I don't really understand the wait until the end of EA, but right now what is drawing in players is Single Player modding, and modders made a massive outcry to have better conditions. When those same modders made an open letter about multiplayer modding, nobody cared and I doubt many people even remembered that they made it.

More people care about modding than they care about MP private servers. The proof, if you'd like it, is the fact that BL is still pulling thousands of players while having a barebones and completely lackluster MP experience.
MP private servers ARE modding. I think you missed my point on those two lines.
It actually makes perfect sense from a business perspective, which is what Taleworlds is. Focus on what is going to attract new players and don't focus on what doesn't. They should release Private servers, and even I don't really understand the wait until the end of EA, but right now what is drawing in players is Single Player modding, and modders made a massive outcry to have better conditions. When those same modders made an open letter about multiplayer modding, nobody cared and I doubt many people even remembered that they made it.
Damn, copy paste this onto the FIFA forums or any of EA's gambling videogame's, you would be praised by EA with your business thinking as a consumer.

Private servers will attract players, i am unsure why you believe that taleworlds requires their whole team to suddenly work on private servers, they literally made a ton of money from bannerlord sales, it's as if they should use part of that money to extend their multiplayer team (which currently consists of 4 people from what i remember) and form a team that works on private servers? I mean i am not a business genius like you but i'd expect expansion to be part of a business?

I am honestly baffled by anyone who thinks taleworlds can't hire additional devs.

They have a small army of manpower. They don't need more developers. Phantom is right, they have a billion gazillion dollars from singleplayer and won't make any more if more people happen to play the game.
Their army of unpaid interns already ensured they could survive developing the game for 10 years, i am sure they could go on for 50 years at the pace they made bannerlord.

MP private servers ARE modding. I think you missed my point on those two lines.
They are and they're also not. They're incredibly important, I literally cannot doubt that, but most players only care about SP modding. MP private servers are MP modding, and TW clearly isn't focused on that, and most likely won't be until after release.
i am unsure why you believe that taleworlds requires their whole team to suddenly work on private servers
Yeah, I didn't say that. I very clearly didn't say that. All I said was that MP wasn't what was drawing in players, so they aren't focusing on that. i don't understand how me saying that could come across as me saying that Private Servers require their whole teams.
I mean i am not a business genius like you but i'd expect expansion to be part of a business?
Yeah, expansion is gonna be a part of the business. However, right now MP isn't making a lot of money, so in TW's eyes, it is probably the best to focus on what will make money, SP. After release, with the release of private servers, they will then see how profitable it is.

They are and they're also not. They're incredibly important, I literally cannot doubt that, but most players only care about SP modding. MP private servers are MP modding, and TW clearly isn't focused on that, and most likely won't be until after release.

Yeah, I didn't say that. I very clearly didn't say that. All I said was that MP wasn't what was drawing in players, so they aren't focusing on that. i don't understand how me saying that could come across as me saying that Private Servers require their whole teams.

Yeah, expansion is gonna be a part of the business. However, right now MP isn't making a lot of money, so in TW's eyes, it is probably the best to focus on what will make money, SP. After release, with the release of private servers, they will then see how profitable it is.
Yes most players care about SP modding, doesn't justify how they neglect it at all. You don't sell a game and use it's multiplayer as a selling point and then neglect it because it doesn't attract people.

It's completely the opposite, you're supposed to work on the multiplayer to make it more appealing, not leave it in shambles and say "priorities" over whole side of the game.

I assume you don't play multiplayer but i can assure you that each day without custom servers just means they are digging a hole that will take longer to climb out of.

Yes most players care about SP modding, doesn't justify how they neglect it at all. You don't sell a game and use it's multiplayer as a selling point and then neglect it because it doesn't attract people.
I'm telling you why they're doing it, not that they should. For them, it makes perfect sense to focus on the SP, because that is what a majority of the players come to the game for. They're probably not going to really focus on it for a while. That doesn't justify it, that's just how things are.

See the steam page:
1. Strategy / Action RPG
2. Singleplayer Sandbox Campaign
3. Extensive Character Creation and Progression Systems

4. Realistic Economy
5. Multiplayer Game Modes

6. Skill-Based Directional Combat System
7. Extensive Modding Capabilities

That is the order they put it in the buying page at least.

Back
Top Bottom