Why "Focus Fire" Should be a top priority and implemented immediately.

Should a "Focus Fire" command for ranged units be a top developmental priority?

• "Focus Fire" should be a top priority and should be implemented immediately.

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • "Focus Fire" should be implemented eventually, but it is not a top priority.

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • "Focus Fire" should not be implemented at all.

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I do not care about "Focus Fire" one way or another.

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem is archers are op enough as is. So unless drastic improvements are made to armour and formations, granting such a command would make archers dominate even more.
Baby and the bathwater stuff. I absolutely hope they make drastic improvements to armor/formation/AI but I wouldn't want good features held back for sake of "non-existent balance". As is, positioned ranged is the best way to kill enemies, but sometime they do annoying stuff and it sucks. With Focused fire they're still the best way to kill enemies but now they do less annoying stuff (if managed properly). Of course Inf and Cav need a function like the RTS command system even more as you basically always bleed inf and cav without it, no matter how well you position them some will always run off and do something dum when charged.

I guess I take issue with the term "OP" because to me this implies there would be some balance and better gameplay if the "OP" thing were removed or adjusted, which is not the case at all for bannerlord. Take away effective ranged damage and you just have a complete cluster **** of impotent units waddling around and trading with each other. Whoopty ****ing doo. AT least with good Ranged you can kill them all. That's not at all to say adjustment aren't needed, but it's much more the other units needed many many improvement in basically everyway.

Anyway, although I also agree with TW's statement that they want the ranged AI to be smart enough to not need to be micro'd, I think the Focus fire suggestion is good too because TBH I don't think they will nail the AI being good enough on it own.

I suppose you’re not wrong, in the end I don’t even play the latest betas more than an hour or two when they release, just enough to test the new features, so I guess balance isn’t that big of a deal. Still, the forum would probably have a lot of threads talk about it, so I think it’s worthwhile mentioning.

Baby and the bathwater stuff. I absolutely hope they make drastic improvements to armor/formation/AI but I wouldn't want good features held back for sake of "non-existent balance". :SNIP:
Even though I find e1.6.0 a successful patch and clearly see they changed the approach in a good way... I will mostly agree with the above statements, but... mechanics and AI just should not work stupid or that stupid.

It just looks very stupid (temporary lack of synonyms) watching archers turning their backs to the enemy when moving back or being distracted by one cavalryman. For the sake of realism, I can see 1-2 units being dragged away but not the whole formation. So I'm also hoping they will not spoil it accidentally and do what you suggest as a side effect.

P.S. They actually did it with the order's ban when enemy forces are retreating. I cannot see any reason for this. Distance? You still can order units from the extreme edges of the map, but not after the enemy is running away. Leave it up to players whether they want to slaughter those voxels or not. :wink:

P.S.2. I miss those kick-ass Khuzaits who steamrolled the map with their speed bonus. That was a challenge - to stop them. In principle those little faction inequalities are ok. The same way I find Battania 'realistic' without having archer units as base recruitable... instead we get highly trained and relatively hard to obtain juggernaut of some sort - Fian. That in numbers can grind far larger armies. But you have to learn how to play them...

I think it would be nice to have commands for each group as archers shoot at infantry or infantry attack archers. Of course them following this command would have to do with your level of leadership or tactics. The five guys chasing one deserter during battle is
Even though I find e1.6.0 a successful patch and clearly see they changed the approach in a good way... I will mostly agree with the above statements, but... mechanics and AI just should not work stupid or that stupid.

It just looks very stupid (temporary lack of synonyms) watching archers turning their backs to the enemy when moving back or being distracted by one cavalryman. For the sake of realism, I can see 1-2 units being dragged away but not the whole formation. So I'm also hoping they will not spoil it accidentally and do what you suggest as a side effect.

P.S. They actually did it with the order's ban when enemy forces are retreating. I cannot see any reason for this. Distance? You still can order units from the extreme edges of the map, but not after the enemy is running away. Leave it up to players whether they want to slaughter those voxels or not. :wink:

P.S.2. I miss those kick-ass Khuzaits who steamrolled the map with their speed bonus. That was a challenge - to stop them. In principle those little faction inequalities are ok. The same way I find Battania 'realistic' without having archer units as base recruitable... instead we get highly trained and relatively hard to obtain juggernaut of some sort - Fian. That in numbers can grind far larger armies. But you have to learn how to play them...

annoying. Sometimes i find myself killing deserters just so my men can focus on the real fight.

Back
Top Bottom