Why don't my family members fight in tournaments any more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Emax

Recruit
As per title.

My wife doesn't fight in tournaments any more when shes in the main party. If in another army or hanging out in the town she will though.

It used to be that all of your companions and family members would join tournaments all the time if they were in the main party.

We need answers! and domestic violence!

Our friend @ldgarrett has shared with me some good info on this:

"Here's how to do it, in e1.6.2. It does requiring finding a town with few heroes of higher priority for tourneys, but you can do it. All these heroes were in the main party and decamped into the Keep other than the one companion and (obviously) the main character.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2609182809
^To be clear, there are 5 family, the main character, and 1 companion hero (in the party) all in that tourney

Hope this helps, and yes we shouldn't have to do fiddly stuff like this to make it work.

I know the code actually was changed back in the 140's versions to prohibit Family from a number of tasks, then changed to prohibiting them *if they were in your party*, then was revised several times since to let them lead caravans (again; spouses could in earlier versions) and if in the main party do quest missions, but apparently letting them join tourneys while in the main party was never reverted. So, this work around is needed for now.

the limit on how many is purely, AFAIK, the number of tourney slots (16) and the priority of selection. That unemployed companion-candidates are higher priority than many other possible competitors makes a crowded Tavern a near-certain "you, the local lord, your Companions but not Family, and then all those Wanderers" tourney.

Oh, and Local Lord won't fight if they lack at least one 50 rank combat skill. The same thing that triggers "You are not a warrior" dialogue choices."

TY @ldgarrett that is some useful information!

Last edited:
most welcome. glad I could help. The code-diver's around these forums might be able to get absolute confirmation, but that's the document-able behaviour AFAIK.

I've noticed that if you leave your companion as governor, or create them as a separate party they will participate in the tourney if in town. However, if they belong to your party as a family member they will not participate.

I've noticed that if you leave your companion as governor, or create them as a separate party they will participate in the tourney if in town. However, if they belong to your party as a family member they will not participate.
I am aware of this workaround but it appears to not work in the current version of the game

In my last playthrough 1.6.3, my wife was governor of my settlement and was a beast in the tournaments. I would get notifications about her winning every week or so.

Back
Top Bottom