Why doesn't food spoil in the game? (also weapons/armor degrade and soldiers not aging/retiring)

Users who are viewing this thread

A realism VS fun discussion again? For me, realism is fun.

Track individual soldiers' ages, make them grow weaker and retire over time. Not that it will ever matter, given the lifespan of the average trooper in M&B.
Track each individual item's state, let it degrade over time and with use, and add new game mechanics around preserving food and repairing equipment.
Make it so that each soldier actually needs to get their equipment, so you either have to provide it for them or they need to be given enough money to go out and buy it.
Then recover the equipment of all slain soldiers after a battle (or your share, anyways) and cannibalize it to repair your own.

Overcomplicated, cumbersome, pointless, too much work? I don't care, I'd enjoy it.

You just talk bull****, I remember a game is about bus driver that the whole game is just around few days trip, but you cannot save for whole trip and what's worst is the whole game is just a straight line but your vehicle will gradually steer to a single side (forgot it's left or right), and that game make the wrost game of all time in many list.

If realism = fun when why they implement save and load function? Why the game doesn't scale with real world time? Why they don't make you eat and go to toilet like real life?

The answer is simple, it never was and never will.

Optimally certain upkeep options should be optional by default. But wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which fills up first and all that....

Again, the core of the game needs to be the key mechanics that power the underlying beast. Once mid-game/late game stuff has been thrashed out, I think we'll see some of the things that were in WB (food spoilage etc).

Food spoilage was in Warband, I want to see it brought back.
Food as it is currently in Bannerlord doesn't work the best though and I would like to see more varied options before players are forced to dump out rotten food.

I've experienced too many moments where there wasn't enough food anywhere to maintain my party so I had to dump everyone into garrisons where food was more automated just to keep my troops, to want to see food spoilage added right now.

There are higher priorities for the devs to spend time on. Come back to this in a couple months.

There are higher priorities for the devs to spend time on. Come back to this in a couple months.

^ this exactly. I feel that a lot of people who ask for things like this one are not realizing how many of the base, core features of the game are still missing. Even aside from the whole realism vs fun discussion, there is a number of things that need to be fixed before we can even start talking about this.

Makes little sense...it worked well in Warband..food would spoil...and jet here you can buy tons of food and it will last forever...Also weapons and even soldiers should age/degrade. (in soldiers case retire..I mean the other characters in game do age so why not the soldiers..are the soldiers immortal?)
I like the new system. Food spoiling add nothing to gameplay, enjoyment or rewarding experience.

People keep mentioning food, food for armies, food for horses, food spoiling, but they are forgetting a simple fact that the AI, at present, can't even handle non-spoiling food without starving, these mechanics, unless the AI is significantly revamped, will only make the game far worse at present.

In addition, should this be a priority now? Or should it be revisited after the dev team has actually introduced critical/important features? Right now, this will do nothing but break the AI even more than it already is, and it's obviously extremely debatable if it would really offer anything, even if it works with the AI, in place of other features that could make the game more fun.

Makes little sense...it worked well in Warband..food would spoil...and jet here you can buy tons of food and it will last forever...Also weapons and even soldiers should age/degrade. (in soldiers case retire..I mean the other characters in game do age so why not the soldiers..are the soldiers immortal?)

Go to Nexusmod's and look for a modification. You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom