The game using 100% of cpu is not a problem, you actually want it to use all of your available resources to get as good of a performance as possible. The problem is when it uses 100% of cpu and you still have lag...
Lol thank you for calling out the absurdity that is this threadEven better for SSDs. If your SSD isn´t using 100% of it´s R/W bandwith 24/7 then you´re doing it wrong.
Same goes for your PSU, if you have a 850w PSU and your PC only uses 250w then something is clearly wrong.
Unless the code is designed by tech specialist, CPUs spend the majority of their time sitting idle waiting for memory reads. CPU is rarely the bottleneck. 100% usage suggests that the framerate or one of the threads is ticking arbitrarily fast. Fallout 4 had this issue and it made my computer sound like a helicopter.
The way I see it, unused cpu power is wasted cpu power. I want 100% of it to be used to get highest FPS possible with as many units in combat as possible. The operating system (Windows) can handle the allocation of cpu load to other processes as needed...
I don´t think Bannerlord will use 100% cpu power in your case. And the game wouldn´t run any better if it would.Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Super, 16 GB RAM. But I was talking more in general, tbh I haven't checked to see if bannerlord uses 100% cpu in my case. I mostly run the game without issues.
Yeah I've had the game completely freeze during battles a few times and the game was using 100% of the CPU. That's with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz. I probably need to upgrade it, I wish going into a computer shop was still an option.
- There are other bottlenecks then CPU.
- 100% CPU forces your computer to a standstill.
- Games should only use the amount of CPU they need.
- TW game engine has a hard limit of around 2048 troops (horses count), no matter your specs their engine can't handle more then this. It's been heavily talked about in the modding forums.
- No game or software should consistently use 100% CPU. Your computer does more in the background at any time then just that game or software, 100% would cause it too freeze. This isn't a hard concept to grasp