Why does the 15% barter reduction still not work?

Users who are viewing this thread

mortache

Recruit
Seems like it should be easy to implement? I am not complaining, I am genuinely curious why this apparently simple thing doesn't work yet, especially since its the first perk and thus almost all characters could get it and vastly benefit from it?

Seems like it should be easy to implement?
TW:
dd0.png

Seems like it should be easy to implement? I am not complaining, I am genuinely curious why this apparently simple thing doesn't work yet, especially since its the first perk and thus almost all characters could get it and vastly benefit from it?
you right, it seems easy to implement. maybe TW has different plans with the perk in general or whatnot.

according to the other perks, which where patched/implemented throughout EA (Click), one of the reasons why could be that TW is not sure if and how they are going to deal with that perk in the future so they put it on hold for now.

But this is really harder than to implent a 15% barter price reduction.
Oh I'm not saying the 15% is harder to do. What I'm saying is both are just signs that TW really is having big issues somewhere along the long. Either the devs are incompetent (which I doubt) or their internal communications is ****ed up beyond belief (possible) or management is :poop: (very probable).

What I'm saying is both are just signs that TW really is having big issues somewhere along the long.
That´s not a big secret/surprise anymore :grin: .

I just hope siege ladders/towers and the siege AI overall will be fixed/good when they release the game. That´s one of the core gameplay parts. I also don´t understand why this stuff doesn´t have a high priority but it is what it is.

At the end I could live without the 15% barter price reduction but not with a broken siege AI.

It's probably just a placeholder, maybe they want another perk effect all-together and that's why they didn't implement it. Or they want to somehow improve the bartering system first, who knows

The barter reduction from Whole Seller/Appraiser is already implemented, and is one of the perks that has been functional since day one (although its effects slightly changed circa patch 1.5.0).

I think there's a misunderstanding as to what it actually does though. It doesn't simply give you a 15% better price on selling trade goods, it reduces the trade penalty on selling trade goods by 15%. The base trade penalty for both buying and selling is only 6% to begin with (when selling to a town), so a 15% reduction to that percentage means the trade penalty is reduced to ~5%, and as a result it only has a minor effect on the final price you earn from selling an item.

The trade penalty is that low in the first place to allow for the player to more easiliy make a profit from trading. When the game launched, the base trade penalty sat at 11%, and has been reduced over time to its present value of 6% as part of balancing tweaks. The downside of having a low initial trade penalty percentage is that altering it has a limited impact on the actual final prices.

The barter reduction from Whole Seller/Appraiser is already implemented, and is one of the perks that has been functional since day one (although its effects slightly changed circa patch 1.5.0).

I think there's a misunderstanding as to what it actually does though. It doesn't simply give you a 15% better price on selling trade goods, it reduces the trade penalty on selling trade goods by 15%. The base trade penalty for both buying and selling is only 6% to begin with (when selling to a town), so a 15% reduction to that percentage means the trade penalty is reduced to ~5%, and as a result it only has a minor effect on the final price you earn from selling an item.

The trade penalty is that low in the first place to allow for the player to more easiliy make a profit from trading. When the game launched, the base trade penalty sat at 11%, and has been reduced over time to its present value of 6% as part of balancing tweaks. The downside of having a low initial trade penalty percentage is that altering it has a limited impact on the actual final prices.
Thank you for chiming in I suppose it's only suppose to be noticeable for large ticket items. The thing that bothers me the most is nowhere does it tell the player this info. TW can't communicate with their fans in or out of the game. :facepalm:

I was referring to the "Diplomacy" perk from Charm tree. Afaik that barter functions separately from "trade". I haven't tested it though, just seen it like this in Bannerlordperks website for a long time.

I was referring to the "Diplomacy" perk from Charm tree. Afaik that barter functions separately from "trade". I haven't tested it though, just seen it like this in Bannerlordperks website for a long time.
Lol I guess I'm the one who misunderstood. I honestly forgot about that perk and the first trade perk fit the description well enough. I would agree with Swally in that case then, reworking the charm perks is probably pending other changes that are meant to interact with them. In the code, the charm perk tree still uses an old method that has since been replaced by a new method that all of the reworked perk trees use. The only other perk tree that still uses the old method is smithing, and we know from something SadShogun said that they were holding off on reworking the smithing perks until after the changes to the crafting system were implemented. I would guess it's a similar situation with charm.

The thing that bothers me the most is nowhere does it tell the player this info.
Yeah I'm hoping they improve on that front too.

Back
Top Bottom