SP - General Why does my newly assimilated clan hate me? (Also an open rant letter for devs.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Genuine question. I made sure to raise all their reputations to about +4 by giving them influence.

Yet.... Now, after only having them for a short time and having captured a castle with them it's at -24...

Why do they hate me already? What the heck did I do?

Those ones are rhetorical. I know it's bad design and poor balance decisions as well as dreadful coding on the dev's part. No idea why they've made so many bad decisions in regards to balance and the order in which they've put systems in. Surely it would make far more sense for the early access to put in positive systems first? Instead of having all the ways to lose rep and very few ways to increase it.

No doubt the dev team is full of talented programmers. For the creation of the engine and coding of the parts of the game that work as well as the quick fixes we've seen between the release date and now, I can commend them.

They really need to get a decent balance team though. Honestly, at this stage just a decent team would do, not even a good team. Fire the guy that decided to nerf tournaments. Fire the guy that decided to implement negative relation first. Fire the guy that decided level ups should take literal years. Fire the guy that designed lances to have the effective range of an outstretched pinky finger. Fire the guy that decided archers and (especially) throwers need to be so accurate and always aim for the head (seriously, just look at a shield after holding it up for a while, all of the arrows and javelins are at the top where the head would be).

Fire all those guys (or resign them to the programming team or whatever other team they might actually do some good in if they're supposed to have dual roles) and hire some people that know how to balance a game.
Failing that, just remember that it's a lot more fun to play as the overpowered one than to be at the mercy of overpowered AI. So if you can't balance it properly at least balance it in favour of the players.

I noticed two major (VERY major, unbalanced) sources of opinion bleed.

1. The clan lost their fief to the enemy in a war
2. The clan has a member who has been taken hostage

Both of these are apparently always the king's fault and the AI hate you with a burning passion for having lost a castle they left half empty to go to the other end of the map randomly.

It's very hard to take the rest of your post seriously though, with the level of knowledge we have on the process suggesting people to fire is just plain dumb.

Back
Top Bottom